PDA

View Full Version : Altered Carbon

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Go watch it.

It is amazing.

Sci-Fi adventure with intrigue and mystery. Also great action scenes. And nudity.

No really, watch it. It is a great Netflix Original.

CimminyCricket
02-10-2018, 03:45 PM
To Quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii Line 87, "No"

Also, I will watch it, but only because this is the second time you've asked.

Mr. Carnelian
02-11-2018, 01:12 PM
It was mostly good, but I have to say that it showed very little visual imagination: swathes of the urban scenery looked lifted straight from Blade Runner. Still definitely worth a watch, though.

Freya
02-12-2018, 01:40 AM
We watched the first episode last night. I was very impressed! I think we're going to take our time watching it.

Rostum
02-13-2018, 09:28 AM
I really liked it and I want more of it, but the last episode was seriously bad.

drotato
02-13-2018, 10:25 AM
I took a chance looking at this thread because I knew there might be spoilers, but yolo. I'm glad to hear you liked it, I've only heard good things so far. Can't wait to watch it. Maybe I'll start it tomorrow.

Jinx
02-13-2018, 05:56 PM
ALSO CHECK OUT TRAVELERS

Del Murder
02-13-2018, 08:09 PM
I watched the first episode only but I'm not sure I'll continue. It threw a lot at you at once in terms of the world without much context and none of the characters struck a chord with me except for the eccentric billionaire. I also got the Blade Runner vibe from the setting.

Travelers is good though. It grows on you.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-15-2018, 02:38 AM
I will look into Travelers.

It does throw a lot at you without explanation. But it does explain a lot throughout the season. I think they did it that way so they didn't frontload you with an excessive amount of explaination instead of telling the story.

Nice
03-17-2018, 09:39 PM
I watched it and loved it. Not a perfect show by any stretch of the imagination, but it has its moments. If you give it a chance, you'll dig it Del.

WarZidane
04-11-2018, 10:09 PM
I watched it recently (read: the week it arrived on Netflix :p) and really liked it. Joel Kinnaman looked a little awkward here and there but not enough to detract from the show for me, and I love cyberpunk-y stuff.

Looking forward to season 2 (Assuming they make it. I'm pretty sure they will)

Freya
04-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah we finished this. I really enjoyed it. Poe is my favorite.

I look forward to a season 2!

Formalhaut
04-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Oh I really liked Altered Carbon. Poe was one of my favourites, like Freya. I also liked Ortega's partner as well, he always felt like the 'one sane man' in the series.