PDA

View Full Version : What are your Top 5 Licensed Games?

Wolf Kanno
04-04-2018, 07:55 PM
I'm sure we all have a franchise or ten that we love that we eventually got around to picking up the licensed game for it, so can you name at least five licensed games you really love?

Freya
04-04-2018, 09:20 PM
wait what type of game?

Slothy
04-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Non-gaming media made into a video game. X-Men, Terminator, etc.

I'd have to give it some thought though Mission Impossible on N64 is so bad it's good (and the embassy mission is better than that game deserves to be). Goldeneye is an obvious one as well.

Freya
04-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Oh uhhh i can't think of any... Golden Eye? Lion King? yeah that's all i can think of

Vincent, Thunder God
04-05-2018, 12:05 AM
-Quackshot is a classic - actually there were a lot of pretty good tie-ins for the Genesis - Aladdin as well
-KOTOR 1 and 2
-PSX Phantom Menace adaption - it's not that great but I have fond memories of it
-Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Yeah most of those are Lucas-derived

Mirage
04-05-2018, 02:41 AM
fight club
krusty's super fun house
aquaman battle for atlantis
superman 64
e.t.

Spuuky
04-05-2018, 02:49 AM
Two alternate lists:

Goldeneye
South Park: The Stick of Truth
TMNT: Turtles in Time
X-Men arcade game
The GI Joe game for the NES

LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Star Wars
LEGO Marvel
LEGO Indiana Jones
LEGO Lord of the Rings

Freya
04-05-2018, 03:14 AM
Oh I didn't even think of the Lego games holy shit.

Lego Harry potter is the best

Fynn
04-05-2018, 06:09 AM
Um... I liked the Prisober of Azkaban game on GBA. It was an RPG even! And then Order of the Phoenix on PS2 was pretty decent with its seamless Hogwarts exploration.

Loony BoB
04-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Robocop vs. Terminator
Aladdin
Golden Eye 007
Dune 2

Still unsure about the last one. Probably one of the X-Men games.

Vincent, Thunder God
04-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Speaking of Harry Potter the original Xbox Chamber of Secrets adaption was pretty good - you could collect all the Chocolate Frog trading cards and it had a good score by Jeremy Soule (didn't just use the Williams score). Still have fond memories of that one.

Example
04-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Toy Story 2 (PS1)
Transformers Armada (PS2)
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS2)
Star Wars: Dark Forces (DOS)
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA)

The last one was particularly influential for getting me obsessed with DBZ throughout my teen years.

Honorable Mentions:
DBZ: Buu's Fury (GBA)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series (PC)
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (GBA)
Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron (PS3)
Kingdom Hearts (if that counts)

Spuuky
04-05-2018, 11:14 PM
The Lego games should actually get extra credit for being double licensed.

escobert
04-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Golden Eye
Stick of Truth
Pretty much any Star Wars game is fun, KotOR was awesome.
whatever the last NASCAR game for Wii was. Even though it's garbage it's still super fun with friends.

I can't think of any more.

WarZidane
04-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Star Wars: KotOR
Star Wars: KotOR 2
Star Wars: TOR
The Lion King
Batman: Arkham City (honorable mention to the other two as well, but I liked this one most out of the three)

What can I say, I love Star Wars RPGs.

Shauna
04-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Everyone who said anything Harry Potter related (aside from the LEGO game) has a serious case of nostalgia goggles on.

I was like you, once...

Fynn
04-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Oh no, they’re bad. But I honestly can’t think of a better licensed game I’ve played

Freya
04-06-2018, 06:24 PM
OH Harry Potter Quidditch world cup, don't you deny this one shauna.

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Capcom's Disney Afternoon collections (DuckTales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, etc...) I have never really played another Disney tie in game that played as good as these games.

Capcom's X-Men/Marvel/Vs. games up until MvC2, those games were awesome.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja PS2 games were also pretty cool and faithful to the series, well before the series itself went to hell in a handbasket. The third game should get special mention for having more of an RPG mode to it that gave it some real life.

Konami's TMNT franchise in the late 80s early 90s were pretty damn good. the first three TMNT games on the NES, the arcade games, and even the wacky fighting games are all actually better than you would think.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is pretty damn good game, and I'm still surprised that I haven't touched the later entries despite how good the original was.

Slothy
04-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Batamn: Arkham Asylum is pretty damn good game, and I'm still surprised that I haven't touched the later entries despite how good the original was.

Can't believe I forgot this series earlier. I haven't played past Arkham City yet, and while it was a good game I have to say I liked Asylum more in some ways. There's some little gameplay additions and polishes in City of course, but I found I liked the small, focused, semi-open world thing Asylum had going on more than I liked the shift to more of a cliche open world. One filled with all kinds of shit to see, and buildings to jump off of and glide around, and enemies to fight but not a lot to really do beyond the usual open world fetch quests and collectathons. I will give it credit for the riddler trophies in arkham city probably making the collecting thing feel less annoying than it is in many games after a while. Each one being a little puzzle helped break the tedium.