PDA

View Full Version : Are the DLC worth it?

Freya
04-05-2018, 04:54 PM
I put this game down ages ago but now that there's more out for it i've been wanting to pick it up again but I wanted to know how is the DLC for this game? Worth me investing in it?

WarZidane
04-05-2018, 05:14 PM
From what I've heard and seen, the Gladio DLC was pretty meh but Ignis and Prompto were decent to pretty good.

Then there's the new stuff in the Royal Edition which seems okay but the downside of that is it's not included in the season pass, and the season pass DLC is not included in the Royal Upgrade. So if you have the base game already, getting both is pretty expensive.

Shiva95
04-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Gladio's one is fun to play, but in term of story and character development, it's not that impressive. Prompto and Ignis's ones are great though, they give us a lot of feels, and I think they are both really fun gameplay wise! I just don't like the alternate ending of Episode Ignis, but I ignore it when I replay it so this is fine :P And the Royal Pack adds many interesting stuff. The new Insomnia is particularly interesting, and it gives us the occasion to play more with the older bros, which was something that was lacking first, in my opinion. So yes, for me, they're really worth it.

Psychotic
04-06-2018, 04:41 PM
They're okay but nothing mind blowingly good either. I agree that Gladio's is the weakest, while Prompto and especially Ignis are the ones worth looking at if you are interested.

Aulayna
04-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Comrades is good craic if you a) have people to play it with and b) don't mind spending more time on loading screens than actually playing.

WarZidane
04-10-2018, 05:53 PM
I got the comrades thing with the season pass and only played it for like..an hour, if that. Just the tutorial basically :D

Loony BoB
04-12-2018, 02:22 PM
I'm personally planning on doing the character episodes etc. at some point this year. I think I have a season pass from my pre-order - does that include the 2018 stuff that has been planned? I dunno how that works.

Shauna
04-12-2018, 04:43 PM
I think I have a season pass from my pre-order - does that include the 2018 stuff that has been planned? I dunno how that works.

Haha, good one.

Loony BoB
04-13-2018, 01:10 PM
I never really touch DLC, I wasn't sure! Ah well. Don't think I'll bother paying for the other stuff so perhaps I'll check out the ones I have sometime in the near future.

Christmas
05-11-2022, 11:13 AM
The DLC is what make this a more completed game which is weird. :(