PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge

Wolf Kanno
04-07-2018, 06:19 AM
An idea I've been mulling over for awhile, but who would be interested in an event where we play our least favorite FF and make a thread detailing our struggle either as a Let's Play or even in just the appropriate forum. See if we can't take another look at the game and maybe find some reason why other members like it.

Fynn
04-07-2018, 06:24 AM
Sounds like a great idea, but I don’t have enough time to play games I do like, so forcing myself to playing a game I don’t like (and in this particular case, this would be forcing it hard) feels like a waste!

Vyk
04-08-2018, 12:39 AM
I could use an excuse to play some good ol' games. But like Fynn, I'd have to force it with a few of them. And sometimes I struggle convincing myself to play a game I've already beaten and ignore games I own, and enjoy, but have not beaten. Hell I have a hard time convincing myself to play THOSE games

starlet
04-08-2018, 02:07 AM
I DEMAND FREYA TO PLAY FFVIII AGAIN

WarZidane
04-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Yeah, while interesting, it might be very difficult, since for most people, their least favorite FF is a game they really didn't like :p

In my case it wouldn't be too bad, FF2 isn't a huge investment I believe.

Wolf Kanno
04-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Honestly, I don't expect anyone to finish a playthrough, I just thought it would be fun to read some diary posts about trying to make it through the games.

Example
04-10-2018, 02:48 AM
Do spinoffs count?

Wolf Kanno
04-10-2018, 08:16 AM
Do spinoffs count?

Why yes they do. :jess:

Loony BoB
04-10-2018, 11:46 AM
I mean, I still have to play FFIII and I think it'll compete with FFII for my least favourite. I was thinking I could do that on my Twitch, and could always log how I get on. I don't intend on replaying a game I know I don't like though. D:

Freya
04-10-2018, 03:15 PM
I DEMAND FREYA TO PLAY FFVIII AGAIN

I feel really attacked right now.

Shauna
04-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Did I ever mention how much I hate FFX

WarZidane
04-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Why do I feel like that's a lie and you just want an excuse to play FFX again?

Shauna
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM
:shifty:

Psychotic
04-10-2018, 05:32 PM
I mean, I still have to play FFIII and I think it'll compete with FFII for my least favourite. I was thinking I could do that on my Twitch, and could always log how I get on. I don't intend on replaying a game I know I don't like though. D:Play the Steam version of III. It's really not bad at all, and nothing like FFII.

At some point I do intend to replay FFXII though I have a backlog at the moment. Working my way through KH 1.5 2.5 collection or whatever the fuck it's called.

Wolf Kanno
04-10-2018, 05:34 PM
I mean, I still have to play FFIII and I think it'll compete with FFII for my least favourite. I was thinking I could do that on my Twitch, and could always log how I get on. I don't intend on replaying a game I know I don't like though. D:

I consider FFIII to be the strongest of the NES entries. It's basically FFI but bigger and funnier.

Darkhero
04-10-2018, 09:45 PM
I've been avoiding beating FFII all these years. Maybe this is my chance to play it all the way through for once.

Example
04-11-2018, 01:03 AM
Do spinoffs count?

Why yes they do. :jess:

In that case I now have an excuse to replay Crisis Core. Even though my actual most hated is Dirge of Cerberus I got rid of my copy ages ago and I'll be fucked if I'm buying another. Plus I've been considering giving CC another chance.

WarZidane
04-11-2018, 08:40 PM
If spinoffs count it'd actually be FF Tactics for me..not because I think the game's bad or anything, the gameplay is just absolutely not my thing.

Loony BoB
04-22-2018, 10:26 AM

So this is happening https://www.twitch.tv/loony_bob