PDA

View Full Version : What's up?

Jinx
04-09-2018, 02:13 PM
It seems like this place has had a surge in activity recently, and I was wondering how everyone is doing and what's been going on in your lives?

Fynn
04-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Well I’m having a baby in August, that’s one thing

Psychotic
04-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Well I’m having a baby in August, that’s one thingAre you Danny DeVito or Arnold Schwarzenegger in this scenario?

Fynn
04-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Well I’m having a baby in August, that’s one thingAre you Danny DeVito or Arnold Schwarzenegger in this scenario?

Both

Psychotic
04-09-2018, 03:04 PM

BothI sort of want to do a terrible photoshop of your head on both of their pregnant bodies

WarZidane
04-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Fuse their bodies with the magic of photoshop technology (or whatever other image editing thing), *then* edit his head on top of that.

Anyway, as for me, I'm just belatedly going through uni and keeping up my entertainment addiction in my free time.

Shauna
04-09-2018, 04:25 PM
This thread has went terrible places

Fynn
04-09-2018, 04:31 PM
This thread has went terrible places

I also regret this

Shauna
04-09-2018, 05:14 PM
but in answer to your question jinx

THE SKY LMAO

Shauna
04-09-2018, 05:30 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4b13bc0dffbdab49d917c6b73a299b18/tenor.gif

WarZidane
04-09-2018, 07:01 PM
I dunno about you but I see a roof when I look up, not the sky :erm:

Darth Ganon
04-10-2018, 04:34 AM
I made a new friend. The first one in years for me. That's just as miraculous as a pregnancy.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-10-2018, 05:07 AM
I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately, which I hadn’t done much of in a while. I’m still working on writing more, but I keep being more off and on with that. I’m enjoying being married quite a bit.

All in all, life is good. I’m still unsure of what I want to be doing as a career, but I’m still okay with where I’m at for the time being. My wife and I also are really wanting to move somewhere away from where we are at, but I don’t know if that will ever really happen since most of our family is here.

Loony BoB
04-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Firstly, massive congrats to you, Fynn!

For myself, I've been playing video games and going to conventions to help my partner sell art, which led me to Dublin where I also got to meet another online friend for the first time which was great. Edinburgh convention is this weekend so that'll be a nice change because it'll be so chill by comparison to the others. After that, three trips to London, and we're going to try to do a driving holiday at some point. Boss from the US is coming over to Edinburgh for a week soon too so might get a work night out or two. In August (okay, getting a bit far ahead now) we're considering seeing the Military Tattoo, and also my dad and stepmum are going to visit for a few days which I'm excited for!

For day to day stuff, it's video games (Far Cry 5 and FFXIV mostly) and anime (just finished season two of My Hero Academia and also season two of Attack on Titan, and just starting to re-watch Ghost in the Shell as Sarah hadn't seen it).

Freya
04-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Yeah I challenged some Discorders to a post count battle and so welp, here we are! Gotta lead by example.

I'm doing alrighty, got a cold this week and work is still hectic as ever.

Been trying to give myself more me-time and have picked up a game for the first time in ages, it's Monster Hunter. Fun stuff. I'm bad at it.

Shoeberto
04-10-2018, 03:39 PM
I like this thread.

I'm mostly keeping very busy with working on my house. In the past month I began re-leveling floors, installed a sump pump, and am working on painting some of the hideous paneling on the walls (which looks much nicer). We have a list of high-impact stuff we want to do before we have people out for my wife's graduation ceremony next month.

Work has been improving for me and my boss is really trying to make sure deadlines that we schedule are reasonable, which is a big improvement. I'm starting to look at whether I could start a side-business as well though that's still in the early stages.

I'm starting to get really happy with the slow momentum build that I'm seeing on Mastodon. The broader network is growing at an enormous pace, but I'm also finding there's a few EoFFers (both on my instance and abroad) that are moving more and more to interacting via the fediverse, which is really cool. It helps that Twitter is a horrible place and Facebook is self-destructing, so I think there's a real desire for genuine interactions on a platform where your personal details aren't being sold to the highest bidder.

Freya
04-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Yeah, honestly, we need to just kill the text channels of EoFF Discord. Text channels in Discord are garbage, and it's tbh basically killed what little activity the forum had left.

But they're super active and the voice channels are not? Discord is just a more organized IRC, we didn't kill that off. People just need to post more instead of just lurking here on the forums hehe

Freya
04-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Well, that's okay if you personally don't like it. We do have many users who like it and use it regularly. The functionality of Discord is really nice. The way you can access it via browser, computer app, or phone app allows many users to stay connected regardless of where they are.

I just challenged them to get 60 posts this week. They're working on it!

Fynn
04-10-2018, 04:23 PM
I mean, just look at me. I’m the number 1 spammer of both and I’m not breaking a sweat.

Shauna
04-10-2018, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't say that anyone is using Discord as a replacement for the forum, given most of the active chatters are peeps who idled in IRC over the forum.

People just aren't posting on the forum. Which is not a new problem. We're just forcing our Discord peeps to post on the forum for a totally "worth it" prize.

WarZidane
04-10-2018, 05:15 PM
In my case it's more of a "challenge accepted" than "ooh shiny prize" :3:

Anyway yeah, killing the Discord in an attempt to raise forum activity probably wouldn't pan out as great as you'd like.

Freya
04-10-2018, 05:33 PM
I have offered a Golden Chocobo Rank and a secret limited time chat room only available to those Golden Chocos that gets purged and reset weekly.

You gotta get to 60 posts to get it. Then you'll hold the title for a full week even if you dip back under 60. When you hit that same day you hit the requirement the next week, if you don't still have 60 posts, you'll have it removed.

Shauna
04-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Yeah, so it's a

"""""prize"""""

Freya
04-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Yeah, so it's a

"""""prize"""""

I thought about making a physical shirt or something for people too but I dunno, haven't got that far with the idea

Shauna
04-10-2018, 05:36 PM
Yeah, we are considering other things, but have so far gotten nowhere. So watch this space.

WarZidane
04-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Admirable efforts nonetheless. If you look how many old school forums are still active, you'll find it's not a lot anymore, with the likes of reddit having taken their place.

WarZidane
04-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Get to 60 posts and find out! 38 to go, chop chop.

WarZidane
04-10-2018, 06:11 PM
That's probably not a great idea, no :p

do it though, gives me some cover as i get away with increasing my post count after 15 years by 20% in just one week

escobert
04-11-2018, 10:32 PM
I'm doing good. Kids, work, the usual stuff.

Chibi Youkai
04-13-2018, 09:55 PM
60 posts is a lot, but hey, that's one way to get people talking again. Maybe even enough to get that elsusive rp forum up and running again. Or just wishful thinking?

Not much going on but work and FFXIV. Ever seen a place that gets progressively more foggy as the day goes on? Apparently that's a thing where I currently am. It's like a pea soup out there now, but earlier it was completely clear.

Bubba
04-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Congratulations Fynn :D

Really happy for you both!

Kalevala
04-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Henlo friends.

Fonzie
04-28-2018, 07:56 AM
i want my name to be spaghetti

Shauna
06-06-2019, 12:24 PM
I have offered a Golden Chocobo Rank and a secret limited time chat room only available to those Golden Chocos that gets purged and reset weekly.

You gotta get to 60 posts to get it. Then you'll hold the title for a full week even if you dip back under 60. When you hit that same day you hit the requirement the next week, if you don't still have 60 posts, you'll have it removed.

Lmao remember this

Freya
06-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Yeah a few hit it and then they stopped posting again so they didn't get again.

WarZidane
06-07-2019, 01:11 AM
*innocent whistle*

To be fair with the level of activity on this forum it's nigh impossible to keep up 60 posts per week without devolving into blatant spam

Freya
06-07-2019, 01:53 AM
Well when people were posting, everyone else was responding more, so then activity boosted and everyone had a jolly time and it was easier to make those posts. If we can get a few people regularly posting, the rest of the forum will do better cause those casually browsing just have more to reply to.

but we're all lazy.

Slothy
06-07-2019, 11:14 AM
but we're all lazy.

Hey now! I'll have you know I-

Just kidding I don't give a fuck.

Sephex
06-07-2019, 02:53 PM
I've been somewhat inactive just because of personal problems. Good news is that I finally taken actual steps towards righting the ship, and things seem to be going very well for the most part.

Cell
06-07-2019, 10:49 PM
I seem to pop in at random intervals over a decade or more.

I'm off to a small extreme metal festival tomorrow, should be fun.

escobert
06-08-2019, 02:05 AM
I check in when I remember to. Sometimes I forget :/

Vasher
06-08-2019, 08:42 AM
I’ve been delegating more in order to spend quality time with the wife/kids. Also getting a few hours of sleep each night, reining in the insomnia. “Edibles”+CBD+Melatonin Gummies ftw. Have reservations for “Star Wars: Edge of the Galaxy” next weekend. Looking forward to it.

firsly
07-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm fine
Hope you're also doing great!

Ayen
07-29-2019, 02:48 PM
I've been in a glass case of emotion for the best part of three years.

Vincent, Thunder God
07-29-2019, 03:56 PM

I experienced something similar (extreme emotional blunting and lack of motivation) on high doses of antipsychotics. If you're on anything a gradual taper to a lower maintenance dose might help - you just have to work at it slowly, but a lot of people can function on way less than they're on.

Ayen
07-30-2019, 01:54 AM

I experienced something similar (extreme emotional blunting and lack of motivation) on high doses of antipsychotics. If you're on anything a gradual taper to a lower maintenance dose might help - you just have to work at it slowly, but a lot of people can function on way less than they're on.

Oh no, my meds are working just fine. I meant being at the hospital for the better part of three years with no access to the internet until very recently.

Vincent, Thunder God
07-31-2019, 03:39 AM

Oh no, my meds are working just fine. I meant being at the hospital for the better part of three years with no access to the internet until very recently.

3 years? If you don't mind me asking, how did the doctors justify such a long admittance? I thought 3 months was bad enough for myself.

Chemical
08-26-2019, 01:17 PM
Well it’s nice to see most of you are doing well or are on the mend. :) Everyone seems to, by and large, be adulting with marriage, kids, housing, etc. for all of you congrats on all those milestones you’ve made!!

For me, I don’t think that was ever in the plans. No marriage/house/kids. But I’m the happiest and healthiest I’ve ever been! The last 3 years especially have meant large amounts of growth.

- I started working as a cardiology/ cardiothoracics nurse 2 years ago... and recently was promoted to student facilitator as well as moving to a new area in Intensive Care.
- I began an amazing health journey that’s lead me dealing with alcohol abuse and finding a new love for the gym and fittness; I’m participating in the upcoming 16km Tough Mudder competition.
- I’ve been able to build a beautiful family and support network of friends
- I’ve embraced my deep dark desires and started to DM 5e dnd sessions, and learned I’m quite the talent X)
- I’ve travelled more in the past 3 years and seen more: Australia 🇦🇺 is my new home and I’ve been blessed with travelling all over this amazing country; New Zealand 🇳🇿 (Waitomo Caves, Hobbiton for a wedding), Bali 🇮🇩 (Ubud, Seminyak), Thailand 🇹🇭 (Krabi), Nepal🇳🇵 (Volunteered at an orphanage for children with HIV), Hawaii 🇺🇸 (Scuba with Manta Rays and sharks (saw a hammer head irl))

Life is good!!

Chibi Youkai
08-27-2019, 12:08 AM
I guess it's pretty official at this point, so may as well throw it out here. Finally getting married. Bought the dress yesterday, and am now going through all the motions of getting a functional wedding together in three months.

Mr Gashtacular
08-27-2019, 03:17 PM
whats up whats up??? whats UP????? whats up with U!!!

Christmas
09-16-2022, 02:17 AM
I hope everyone life is as miserable as mine so that I could find some solace here. :bigsmile: