PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited travel budget, where do you go first?

Freya
04-11-2018, 10:50 PM
You've got the funds and the time/ability. So where do you visit first?

WarZidane
04-11-2018, 10:57 PM
The nearest planet with life on it that's not in our solar system :3:

But assuming we're talking places that we can realistically reach (aka on this planet), probably the amazon rainforest.

While I am also interested in seeing places like the pyramids in Egypt, the great reef in Australia and the Grand Canyon, those I could always visit later, easier to get to.

Slothy
04-11-2018, 11:53 PM
The black hole at the center of the galaxy where I will promptly fly in.

Darkhero
04-12-2018, 12:39 AM
If I'm limited to Earth, then Japan, assuming that the unlimited time and money would let me tour the whole country.

Loony BoB
04-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Right now, assuming my boss I happy for me to get the extra time off: Thailand, because it's in season.

This year, assuming my boss is NOT happy for me to get the extra time off: Italy, because I intend to this year anyway.

The place I want to go most, though? Japan. Hoping for 2019. Possibly Florida after that.

Shoeberto
04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Right now, assuming my boss I happy for me to get the extra time off: Thailand, because it's in season.

This year, assuming my boss is NOT happy for me to get the extra time off: Italy, because I intend to this year anyway.

The place I want to go most, though? Japan. Hoping for 2019. Possibly Florida after that.
I like how you intend to follow up these nations of such rich, vibrant cultural histories with... Florida. What's drawing you there?

I'd like to hit all of the continents outside of North America, but for some reason South America has really been stuck in my mind lately. Probably Argentina. My wife's been there already and loved it, and I've heard it's absolutely stunning. Costa Rica would also be on the list in Central America.

Europe is also a biggy for me. I'd love to hit a lot of countries in a single trip. England, France, and Germany would be some particular high points.

Oh! And New Zealand, just because my wife also has been there, and the way she describes it makes it sound like it's amazing.

Loony BoB
04-12-2018, 02:17 PM
I like how you intend to follow up these nations of such rich, vibrant cultural histories with... Florida. What's drawing you there?
Friends, climate, relative proximity meaning we can just do one week instead of two, maybe a bit of Disney World while we're at it. :)

Freya
04-12-2018, 02:19 PM
AND UNIVERSAL! don't forget harry potter land

Loony BoB
04-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Neither Sarah nor myself care about Harry Potter so :shobon: for that (we see loads of HP stuff in Edinburgh regardless because of it being HP's origin). But Universal might be cool. Will all depend on funds!

Freya
04-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Neither Sarah nor myself care about Harry Potter so :shobon: for that (we see loads of HP stuff in Edinburgh regardless because of it being HP's origin). But Universal might be cool. Will all depend on funds!

:stare:

Loony BoB
04-12-2018, 02:23 PM
I can at least say that JK Rowling seems like a fantastic person from what I've read from her, I just don't care about her characters, particularly the lead character.

Freya
04-12-2018, 02:26 PM
:stare: :stare:

Why do we still let you exists UGhhhhhh

I do wonder how well Florida markets itself to Ukers. Because you're not the only one form over there who's like "florida is a place i want to go!" They must have a wicked good marketing team there.

Loony BoB
04-12-2018, 02:45 PM
I mean, it's on the coast closest to us and it has sunlight and beaches, and it has things to do. There are possibly other destinations I'd prefer to go if it weren't for the fact that it also has people there that both Sarah and I would love to meet.

For now, the plan is this year: Australia (done), a UK road trip and some short visits to Italy and Greece. Next year, Japan and Florida and perhaps another weekend or two in Europe. 2020, back to Australia. That's the general idea, but these things will naturally always change over time.

Shoeberto
04-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Friends, climate, relative proximity meaning we can just do one week instead of two, maybe a bit of Disney World while we're at it. :)
Yeah that's all legit. I think in the states we're all just super jaded on account of Florida Man and the fact that they have the nicest winters in the country.

Foo
04-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Bora Bora. One of the most beautiful places on earth.

Freya
04-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Yeah Bora Bora would be one for me too! It just looks so beautiful there!

Mr. Carnelian
04-12-2018, 08:42 PM
I'd really like to show Formy Rome some day, so I'd start there.

Chibi Youkai
04-13-2018, 09:50 PM
New Zealand and Australia. Maybe pop down to Antarctica for a few hours provided unlimited funding.

Bubba
04-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Thailand, because it's in season.

Now I can’t unsee Thailand as a dog sniffing the arses of all the other countries.

I would definitely go to New Zealand first for a prolonged stay to visit my sister and her family. After that I’d love to visit Hawaii... maybe on he way back from New Zealand :D

Vincent, Thunder God
04-14-2018, 06:45 PM
I'd visit the UK because part of my family is from there and I could meet Fatal Impurity.

Aulayna
04-15-2018, 12:47 PM
ALL THE DISNEY PARKS

theundeadhero
04-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Maybe the convenience store down the street? After that I may even venture far enough to find some lunch.

Iceglow
04-15-2018, 09:11 PM
First stop Birmingham to pick up my girl. Second stop The Maldives. Third Stop.... who knows, wouldn't matter so long as I had her with me. :)

Sarisa
04-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Japan, I've wanted to go ever since I was a teenager; though England could be pretty fun too as I'd actually speak the language. If I got to take other people with me though I might pick Ireland instead as my mom's wanted to go there ever since she was a little girl, but our family just can't afford it. It'd be nice to give her something to cheer her up from all these medical bills.

Mr Gashtacular
02-28-2022, 06:08 PM
I can at least say that JK Rowling seems like a fantastic person from what I've read from her, I just don't care about her characters, particularly the lead character.

THIS POST HAS AGED LIKE A PARTICULARLY FINE VINTAGE MILK HASNT IT

Mr Gashtacular
02-28-2022, 06:10 PM
i am planning to go to NYC this year for honeymoon but if an unlimited budget is truly the case i guess i'd either do some really fancy stuff in NYC or go to Japan, Hawaii or Iceland which are also on the bucket list but are particularly pricey either to travel to or buy beers in

Dr. Acula
03-01-2022, 03:00 AM
First off, I love how many people are saying NZ. Can confirm it is an excellent place and we need the tourism money.

This is a toughie! Probably the French Riviera, since the unlimited budget would mean I could actually afford it. From there I'd probably do a Europe round-trip and then head on to Asia.

Quindiana Jones
03-01-2022, 03:06 PM
First off, I love how many people are saying NZ. Can confirm it is an excellent place and we need the tourism money.

This is a toughie! Probably the French Riviera, since the unlimited budget would mean I could actually afford it. From there I'd probably do a Europe round-trip and then head on to Asia.

I had the choice to emigrate to Canada or NZ and I chose Canada and I made the wrong choice. :|

Dr. Acula
03-01-2022, 09:48 PM

I had the choice to emigrate to Canada or NZ and I chose Canada and I made the wrong choice. :|

Yes. Yes you did.

Quindiana Jones
03-01-2022, 10:08 PM
If I had known a global pandemic would radically alter the working traditions of the entire world, I would have gone for NZ! D:

I'm too old to immigrate now, though.

Bubba
03-03-2022, 02:05 PM
we see loads of HP stuff in Edinburgh regardless because of it being HP's origin

LIES!!!

JK Rowling came up with the whole idea whilst on a delayed train from Manchester to London Euston. MANCHESTER is the true inspiration for the entire wizarding world just like it was the inspiration for all of my err... success.

She wrote some parts of the books in Edinburgh. Though when she began to physically write the story she was actually in Clapham, London. But the true origin of Harry Potter was when she had the idea... which was in MANCHESTER, ENGLAND.

MANCHESTER LAA LAA LAA
MANCHESTER LAA LAA LAA

Quindiana Jones
03-03-2022, 02:27 PM
Fighting the good fight, Bubba. Those filthy Scots going full stolen valour on glorious Manc heritage.

Loony BoB
03-04-2022, 10:10 AM

xD I can't say I follow celebrity controversy but I have certainly heard about the Rowling stuff that has happened in recent years. Welp.

Regarding my earlier post about places to visit: I did indeed end up going to Italy in 2018 and Japan in 2019, so great success there. No Florida, though. I'm single these days and hate traveling while single, but I might do a shocking thing in the coming couple of years and finally travel back to New Zealand to see my family and friends there.

Bubba
03-04-2022, 12:11 PM

xD I can't say I follow celebrity controversy but I have certainly heard about the Rowling stuff that has happened in recent years. Welp.

Regarding my earlier post about places to visit: I did indeed end up going to Italy in 2018 and Japan in 2019, so great success there. No Florida, though. I'm single these days and hate traveling while single, but I might do a shocking thing in the coming couple of years and finally travel back to New Zealand to see my family and friends there.

I'll be finally going on my three-week holiday to New Zealand to see my sister in January 2023. Let me know if you're back by then!

theundeadhero
03-04-2022, 01:35 PM
My answer hasn't really changed in the past four years.

Christmas
03-08-2022, 08:23 AM
Zanarkand of course. This is a FF site. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
03-09-2022, 01:23 PM
Oh man, Christmas, I dunno how to tell you this...

(havent played ffx all the way through but Zanarkand is dead people city right?)

Christmas
03-10-2022, 06:06 AM
WTF? You got some balls to post on a FF site. Go play with your cucumber or something.

Del Murder
03-11-2022, 07:57 PM
Amalfi Coast, where my wife has always wanted to go.

If we can pick fictional places, I would choose either Rivendell or some sci-fi city that isn't dystopian. Maybe a place from Mass Effect pre-Repears.