PDA

View Full Version : May be a stupid question but...

MJN SEIFER
04-13-2018, 03:40 PM
If you're live on YouTube, is there a way to make sure that you don't need to eat or take a bathroom break? I know it's embarrassing, but you obviously can't do either of these live (you could probably eat, though it's not really polite), but postponing either doesn't seem healthy.

Do they just make sure that they have done all they need to before they start? Or have there been live streams where they suddenly go away for a moment, because I haven't seen that many live streams?

I'm asking in case I do one.

maybee
04-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Don't have a clue about Youtube, but on Twitch they just put up a break screen for about 20 mins. You need to eat, drink and pee though- holding it in is not healthy. Just say you need to eat and pee, and pause ?

Darkhero
04-13-2018, 06:32 PM
How long to you plan on streaming for? My Twitch streams are 3 hours so I usually don't need to, but whenever I need to go AFK for anything I'll put up a break screen as maybee said and mute my mic.

Loony BoB
04-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Yep, I watch a lot of streamers and that's the standard practice.

Foo
05-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Some people out there will pay good money to watch you eat on stream. The Internet is a silly place. :quina:

Loony BoB
05-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Fun fact: My partner actually got up to open the door for a delivery and she was gone for a full hour or so. I called (I was at work, watching on my phone) and we saw the cat moving around and stuff so we knew the feed was live... but no Sarah. Eventually we guessed she'd locked herself out, I asked my boss if I could head home early and found her sheepishly sitting in the flat block's stairwell with a delivered package. People stuck around the full hour she was locked out and her audience actually was going up instead of down as people got invested in the mystery of it all. xD