PDA

View Full Version : Stick your fork in me...

Bubba
05-09-2018, 10:59 PM
When you pop a ready meal into the microwave... and the instructions ask you to “pierce film several times”... how many times do you actually pierce it?

Have you ever thought that your piercing could be inadequate or indeed... excessive??

Come on, make me feel less weird.

Sephex
05-10-2018, 08:26 AM
I poke it a couple of times with a gleeful smile while Don't Fear the Reaper is playing at a moderate volume.

Iceglow
05-11-2018, 11:07 PM
I tend to go full ham and let rip like a psychopathic murdering bastard. Using the sharpest knife I have.

Not really, I tend to actually stab it like 6 times, maybe more, depends on the size of the package

Noct
05-12-2018, 12:26 AM
I name it Count Rugen and introduce myself as Inigo Montoya.

Shauna
05-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Depends on the size of the package...

FFNut
05-12-2018, 07:42 PM
I don’t buy those kinds of meals but I do use lots of plastic wrap. Once you poke through that’s all you need.

Mr Gashtacular
05-13-2018, 09:16 PM
"several" is like 3-7 not 6-10 you weird weird man

Chibi Youkai
05-15-2018, 12:10 PM
I usually just pull a corner up, unless work has been a pain, and I feel like stabbing something. Then, multiple times.

Darth Ganon
05-16-2018, 03:19 AM
I normally use a sharp knife for many tiny holes. That way it's not shredded, but plenty of venting.

Mr. Carnelian
05-16-2018, 03:09 PM
I stab it slowly and methodically twelve times whilst saying how much I hate it, Murder on the Orient Express style.

Fynn
05-16-2018, 03:40 PM
I’ve never used a microwave

Psychotic
05-16-2018, 04:53 PM
I try to cover a good portion of it, but it depends on if the sauce is on the lid. I don't pierce where there's sauce. Do you want to get sauce on you? Because that's how you get sauce on you.
I’ve never used a microwaveWHAT

Fynn
05-16-2018, 05:11 PM
I just make all my food in the oven or on the stove. That’s what I have them for.

Bubba
05-16-2018, 06:03 PM
I’ve never used a microwave

What, really? Do you own a microwave?

Fynn
05-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Nope. Never saw the point. If I reheat stuff, the oven does the job, and I don’t buy pre-made stuff that goes in the microwave either so yeah.

Mr. Carnelian
05-16-2018, 06:21 PM
Nope. Never saw the point. If I reheat stuff, the oven does the job, and I don’t buy pre-made stuff that goes in the microwave either so yeah.

Confirmed: Fynn is a time-traveller from the past.

Fynn
05-16-2018, 06:44 PM
No I just prefer to make my own food from scratch. Microwaves are icky.

Mr. Carnelian
05-16-2018, 06:46 PM
No I just prefer to make my own food from scratch. Microwaves are icky.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-cook-microwave

You can use microwaves for cooking, too! And they're so simple and convenient. Don't be a snob.

Fynn
05-16-2018, 06:52 PM
I’m not being a snob for expressing a preference. You’re being very rude.

Chibi Youkai
05-16-2018, 07:44 PM
I think it's pretty impressive you have the patience to cook every night. I love cooking, but come home from work so tired a lot that all I want to do is nuke something and curl up with a book.

Fynn
05-16-2018, 08:02 PM
You get used to it

Formalhaut
05-16-2018, 08:13 PM
I don't actually have microwave meals that often, but I admit microwaves are super useful for reheating food. Hell I even use them for baking. Heating butter and chocolate together in a bowl is so much easier using a microwave on short blasts than waiting so much longer on a hob to heat it.

I'm not sure what you meant by icky, though Fynn. What's icky about using a microwave?

Foo
05-16-2018, 09:28 PM
I don't actually have microwave meals that often, but I admit microwaves are super useful for reheating food. Hell I even use them for baking. Heating butter and chocolate together in a bowl is so much easier using a microwave on short blasts than waiting so much longer on a hob to heat it.

I'm not sure what you meant by icky, though Fynn. What's icky about using a microwave?

Nothing, Fynn is just larping that it isn't strange not to own a microwave in 2018. If nothing else just for reheating some meals. Although I will admit, depending on what you're reheating the oven can do a better job.

But I don't always have 30 mins to preheat / cook my leftover pizza at 2:30 in the morning.

Fynn
05-16-2018, 09:36 PM
I have never had a situation in my life where I thought to myself “damn I really wish I had a microwave right now”

Like cool, of course stuff is for everyone. But I don’t think I’m particularly old fashioned for not having a microwave. I just never had the need for one in any capacity whatsoever. Nor am I criticizing anyone for having one. And I’m still a bit salty for being called a snob for that :mad2:

Psychotic
05-16-2018, 10:35 PM
I have never had a situation in my life where I thought to myself “damn I really wish I had a microwave right now”
fynn unless you have a microwave right now i'm going to change your user name to Spatchcock McGraw.

Foo
05-16-2018, 11:28 PM
fynn unless you have a microwave right now i'm going to change your user name to Spatchcock McGraw.

How about "Stovey McOven" ?

Fynn
05-16-2018, 11:54 PM
You guys are complete dicks. And that’s downright sadistic of you, Psy. You know I can’t even afford a baby bed for my baby.

Formalhaut
05-17-2018, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry Fynn :(

Besides, that's not even snobby. Not really. Snobby is owning an aga (https://twitter.com/floras_aga?lang=en-gb).

FFNut
05-17-2018, 12:10 AM
I never owned a microwave for the longest time ever when I lived alone either. Those meals are trout and though my wife has one now, I prefer using a toaster oven or a stove top to cook and reheat things too. I just use the microwave if I’m in a hurry now.

Psychotic
05-17-2018, 07:04 AM
You guys are complete dicks. And that’s downright sadistic of you, Psy. You think I take pleasure in this? I look at you, all microwaveless, and my heart breaks. But sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. You've felt it, haven't you? All your life it feels as though something is missing, like you're not really whole. You're so close to it, like it's just around the next corner, but somehow you never quite get there.

Well, what if what's missing is a microwave?! What if all you need to attain spiritual fulfilment with your life is to listen to the soothing hum of radiation heating up your food? Dare to dream, Fynn.

Fynn
05-17-2018, 07:05 AM
No. Ew.

Psychotic
05-17-2018, 07:14 AM
Would you ever consider selling me your soul for a microwave?

Fynn
05-17-2018, 07:23 AM
I kinda need it. What would you even do with it?

Psychotic
05-17-2018, 07:30 AM
HMwYay5UGy0

Bubba
05-17-2018, 08:02 AM
Fun fact: I sold my soul to Lee Rogers when I was eight for a packet of jaw breakers.

Mr. Carnelian
05-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Didn't mean to upset you, Fynn, sorry! I was just teasing.

If you don't need a microwave, then you don't need one. If you ever do need one, good news is you can get one for about 20 quid.

Psychotic
05-17-2018, 11:22 AM
No no no. Never back down, never apologise. Not for something like this. Fynn needs a microwave and we're going to make his life hell until he gets one.

Fynn
05-17-2018, 11:25 AM
There there, sweetie. It’s okay. Shhh

Mr. Carnelian
05-17-2018, 11:26 AM
No no no. Never back down, never apologise. Not for something like this. Fynn needs a microwave and we're going to make his life hell until he gets one.

In that case... Fynn, you are a devil-spawn for not having a microwave. Grrrrr.

Fynn
05-17-2018, 05:38 PM
I still find it hilariously ironic that I’m being called a snob for choosing not to have a microwave by someone who thinks literature peaked in the 19th century.

Foo
05-17-2018, 08:05 PM
get on my level!

Bubba
05-18-2018, 07:01 AM
There are 32 microwaves in that picture. You could literally open the world’s first extremely-fast-food restaurant with all that power.

Fynn
05-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Dream bigger. You could build a Large Hadron Collider.

Mr Gashtacular
05-18-2018, 08:54 AM
i cant believe that dude thinks fynn is a snob for calling you all out on being lazy idiots who dont know how to cook lmao

altho fynn did call microwaves icky which implies a certain snobbishness towards microwaves...at least thats what i think made the british people so upset hahaha

but dw fynn i have ur back, youre better than these oafs

Mr. Carnelian
05-18-2018, 11:37 AM
I opened a can of worms I really didn't intent to! Sorry. :(

Fynn
05-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Its too late, Carny. You have ruined everything forever. You must now but forty thousand microwaves to create a mini black hole and erase yourself from existence. Only then will the dates be appeased.

Foo
05-18-2018, 07:28 PM
i cant believe that dude thinks fynn is a snob for calling you all out on being lazy idiots who dont know how to cook lmao

altho fynn did call microwaves icky which implies a certain snobbishness towards microwaves...at least thats what i think made the british people so upset hahaha

but dw fynn i have ur back, youre better than these oafs

:monocle:

Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft knob. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ur ina proper mess knob.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-19-2018, 10:45 PM
I pretty much never do those microwaveable meals, but I usually just take the top off completely or cut slits into the plastic with a knife. I prefer reheating stuff on the stove, but I usually reheat in the microwave lately since it is faster.