PDA

View Full Version : Game Subscription Services (PS Now, Xbox Game Pass)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Do you subscribe to any of these?

I don't. I prefer to own the games I play. I also don't like the idea of games going away when my subscription expires.

I used to love going into video stores and being able to rent physical games. I guess it's different now because any game you play leaves an imprint on your console, like having to download the whole thing or the trophy/achievements you get.

I do like Xbox Live and PS Plus, but that's mostly for the discounts. I've never played their "games of the month".

Mirage
05-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Are these game streaming services? I don't play any console games that would have acceptable input lag if streamed.

I used to like PS Plus games when Sony was the underdog and actually made available good, triple a games almost every month. Now that they're in the lead, they don't care about good freebies anymore so I never play them.

Loony BoB
05-31-2018, 01:11 PM
There have still been some good games in PS Plus, although I agree they aren't what they once were. I also like the cloud saving and the discounts, though.

EDIT: Actually, just checked the PS Plus games we've been getting over the past year and they're really pretty good tbh.

XCOM 2, Beyond: Two Souls, Mad Max, Rayman Legends, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Batman: The Telltale Series, Darksiders II, Just Cause 3, inFamous: Second Son, Until Dawn, Game of Thrones (Telltale), Life is Strange, etc.

Gutted some of those slipped past me. At least I think they did.