PDA

View Full Version : E3 2018

Shauna
06-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Let's talk about new video games.

Or not, since so far we've had EA's presentation which was p much a load of nothing and we have Microsoft later today which will have 0 games because what does the Xbox One even have going for it????

Jinx
06-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Now that I am a PS4 owner, I'm looking forwards to that. Possible FFXIV expansion trailer? Unlikely, as they mostly do that at fanfest, but that's not til November which seems like a long time. More FFVII info? Also unlikely. But hey, those are what I would like to see! PERSONA 6?!

Also Nintendo. They're my must-watch every year, and usually the only portion of E3 I care about.

Example
06-10-2018, 02:29 PM
I just hope we finally get some news on the FF7 remake.

Jinx
06-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Yeah it was E3 2015 when the trailer was shown, right?

Bubba
06-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Yeah it was E3 2015 when the trailer was shown, right?

It certainly was... and we’ve pretty much had bugger all since then.

I’d like to see some Red Dead 2 gameplay as well as an update on The Last of Us 2.

Example
06-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Yeah then we got a gameplay trailer half a year later, then nothing. Now that KH3 is nearing completion surely they must have something worth showing for FF7R, right?

Shauna
06-10-2018, 03:19 PM
:erm:

Jinx
06-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Yeah then we got a gameplay trailer half a year later, then nothing. Now that KH3 is nearing completion surely they must have something worth showing for FF7R, right?

lol u sure are optimistic

Psychotic
06-10-2018, 03:46 PM
They'll probably announce FFXVI with a vague CGI trailer that doesn't really tell you much of anything. I mean, it's coming out in 2025 so they're running out of time.

Jinx
06-10-2018, 03:48 PM
They'll probably announce FFXVI. I mean, it's coming out in 2025 so they're running out of time.

at first i was gonna say [citation needed]

but then i remembered what year it was

top drawer, old mate

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Well Kingdom Hearts III has a release date (http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/09/kingdom-hearts-iii-launches-january-29-2019/). January 29th, 2019. So you have that at least.

I imagine Squenix's press conference will focus on DQXI and KHIII for their Japanese studio as well as Eidos and mobile titles as usual. I can see them releasing a new teaser trailer for VIIR, but I doubt we'll hear anything informative concerning it.

Fox
06-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Persona 6 or bust! I guess that would be at Sony's conference. I'm also interested in any "Tales Of" games that might be coming, although not sure that's really an E3 thing.

From the big mainstream stuff, I think Spider-Man is the game I'm most curious about. I have a vague feeling that Sony might have a new From Software game up their sleeves too.

Slothy
06-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Word on the street for the last week or two was that Square had taken the 7 remake back from whatever company they had working on it and dumped everything and started over. I guess we'll see if they say anything here.

Shauna
06-10-2018, 10:17 PM
The MS thing has been chock full of games, and some of them I'm pretty psyched for.

Not for Xbox, mind you.

Loony BoB
06-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Never been a massive fan of MS but that was a very solid E3 session from them! PC gaming looking good for the near future, I hope most of these aren't Xbone exclusive at launch.

Shauna
06-10-2018, 10:51 PM
It was a good showcase of games that will be available even if you don't have an Xbox One!

Gotta admit, right, Gears Funko Pop game is what the world was waiting for. We have transcended.

Anyway.

That Kindgom Hearts trailer. Tales of Vesperia. Tomb Raider! A new Life is Strange game. Devil May Cry. Another Metro game.

Battletoads was a left field hit though.

And there was a bunch of other stuff that I don't even care about, so I'm sure everyone will have something from that show of games from MS.

Psychotic
06-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Gotta admit, right, Gears Funko Pop game is what the world was waiting for. Yes, actually. :colbert:

ok not really and I own smurfing gears of war pops

Wake me up when the cringe compilation comes out.

Shauna
06-10-2018, 10:58 PM
idk there was a significant lack of cringe, they kept the time people were on stage to a minimum. The Division 2 had some "totally unscripted" in-game chat which was always fun.

So Bethesda and Digital Devolver are up later on.

Tomorrow we got SE, Ubisoft and Sony

Then Nintendo on Tuesday.

I look forward to watching some of these.

Loony BoB
06-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Interesting to see a game with DBZ, Naruto, One Piece and Death Note characters fighting against each other. What surprised me most is that happened in a Microsoft E3 instead of Sony. Can't imagine it's an exclusive because Japan would have a fit.

Shauna
06-10-2018, 11:09 PM
These Jump games have existed for a long time, so I wasn't hugely surprised by its existence. But it was interesting to see it with a place at E3 for sure.

Shauna
06-10-2018, 11:11 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-Stars_Victory_VS

I forgot this one was released in the west

Loony BoB
06-10-2018, 11:15 PM
Wow, what a cast! I actually knew about half of those anime too.

Fox
06-10-2018, 11:56 PM
Where's Elias from Ancient Magus Bride though

Mirage
06-11-2018, 12:20 AM
Let's talk about new video games.

Or not, since so far we've had EA's presentation which was p much a load of nothing and we have Microsoft later today which will have 0 games because what does the Xbox One even have going for it????
Considering a lot of games are multiplatform, quite a few.

That cyberpunk trailer was amazing.

Freya
06-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Microsoft's conference was a meh.

Sequels and stuff is cool but I wanted some more new original games. Didn't have that on Microsoft it seems.

Loony BoB
06-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Microsoft's conference was a meh.

Sequels and stuff is cool but I wanted some more new original games. Didn't have that on Microsoft it seems.
While I can get wanting a new IP, I think most people would say this was a pretty good conference, probably the best in Microsoft's history at E3.

EDIT: There were still a few. Sekiro, Captain Spirit, We Happy Few, Session and Tunic. Some debateable in whether they aren't sequels disguised under a new name I guess, but that's gaming for you.

Denmark
06-11-2018, 12:34 AM
just waiting for todd to drop that TES VI reveal at the end of the bethesda conference

or for fo76 to not be bad, either or

Loony BoB
06-11-2018, 12:39 AM
I'm annoyed I have to sleep through a potential ES VI announcement but the fact that ESO is getting an expansion makes me think they'll not say anything about ES VI so the attention will remain on ESO. Can't help but get excited either way! Even a slight chance is enough to hype me up when it comes to Elder Scrolls :D

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2018, 03:21 AM
Well I was skeptical about the idea of a DMC5 but after watching the trailer, I'm on board. Maybe not Day 1, cause I want to make sure they fix the level design issue DMC4 had first, but the premise looks interesting and I didn't have too many issues with Nero.

Sekiro: Shadow's Die Twice looks promising. Samurai Souls, or basically From Software doing their own take on Nioh.

I would have liked the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer better had it left out the voice-over. It looks promising but I get the feeling it's going to be a GTA/Saints Row clone with an ineffectual "badass" main character. I'll wait to see if future info changes my mind.

Fynn
06-11-2018, 05:34 AM
I would have liked the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer better had it left out the voice-over. It looks promising but I get the feeling it's going to be a GTA/Saints Row clone with an ineffectual "badass" main character. I'll wait to see if future info changes my mind.

Considering CDPR’s track record of main characters who appear o be that on the surface but are really anything but, I’d say you have nothing to worry about ;)

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2018, 05:51 AM
God bless you From Software, you're finally going to release Metal Wolf Chaos outside of Japan.

Bubba
06-11-2018, 08:02 AM
Well there it is, Elder Scrolls VI.

I could never get into them myself but I can imagine there are some pretty excited nerds out there!

Mirage
06-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Well I was skeptical about the idea of a DMC5 but after watching the trailer, I'm on board. Maybe not Day 1, cause I want to make sure they fix the level design issue DMC4 had first, but the premise looks interesting and I didn't have too many issues with Nero.

Sekiro: Shadow's Die Twice looks promising. Samurai Souls, or basically From Software doing their own take on Nioh.

I think the idea that it's gonna be a GTA clone is completely ridiculous. Are you familiar with the source material?

Freya
06-11-2018, 03:20 PM
I wanna know what starfield is about. I like stars. Excited to see what today brings us!

Bubba
06-11-2018, 03:35 PM
I wanna know what starfield is about. I like stars. Excited to see what today brings us!

Sci-fi Shooter/RPG hybrid?

Well seeing as Mass Effect no longer wants to be Mass Effect, it'd be nice to see some more Mass Effect.

Cell
06-11-2018, 04:06 PM
All I care about is Metal Wolf Chaos XD. Everything else is completely and utterly irrelevant to my justice

Psychotic
06-11-2018, 04:28 PM
I wanna know what starfield is about. I like stars. Excited to see what today brings us!How do you feel about fields?

Freya
06-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Well I guess I like fields!

Maybe we're going to have a star management game where you plant stars in fields and watch them grow.

10/10 would play

Bubba
06-11-2018, 05:38 PM
The prospect of this game gives me the fields.

Freya
06-11-2018, 06:39 PM
SE stuff was meh. Wonder what that babylon's fall is, it has peaked my interest though

Loony BoB
06-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Yeah, two new IPs there. I wonder if Quiet Man will be VR or not. Wasn't too fussed about what else we saw, although the Tomb Raider vid was nice.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2018, 07:08 PM

I think the idea that it's gonna be a GTA clone is completely ridiculous. Are you familiar with the source material?

Obviously I don't. :p

So I looked it up and saw that it is based on a tabletop RPG, and considering who is making it, it's going to be an RPG. Still the narration kind of didn't sit well for me and made me feel the main character was a bit too generic for my taste, which is not what I want in a cyberpunk story. I'll wait to see if future trailers and info will change my mind, but as far as first impressions go, I'm not dazzled.

Loony BoB
06-11-2018, 07:12 PM
For a good case on how two trailers can contrast completely, check out the Just Cause 4 trailer in the MS conference and the SE conference. The MS one looked like it was mistaking the game for the next Last of Us at the beginning, while the SE one was all about what people actually like Just Cause for.

Fynn
06-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Don’t worry, Wolf. The trailer didn’t wow me either, and I’m a Witcher/CDPR fan with my long time BFF working at the company. Hope it gets better the more we see though

Freya
06-11-2018, 07:21 PM

So I looked it up and saw that it is based on a tabletop RPG, and considering who is making it, it's going to be an RPG. Still the narration kind of didn't sit well for me and made me feel the main character was a bit too generic for my taste, which is not what I want in a cyberpunk story. I'll wait to see if future trailers and info will change my mind, but as far as first impressions go, I'm not dazzled.

I think I read that your character is customizable so that's why generic cause, generic player character

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2018, 07:34 PM
That's likely the case, but I still feel that trailer would have been more effective if we didn't have the narration. There is enough evidence to show we're in a tough and rumble place of street gangs, cybernetics, and corporate exploitation. We didn't really need generic cyberpunk badass 2055 spelling it out for us.

As for Squenix's showing. Not surprised by how underwhelming it was. Their biggest reveal popped up a day before their press conference, and most of the other titles were things we knew were already in the works. Babylon's Fall has piqued my curiosity. Almost looks like Squenix trying to get into all this Dark Souls love going around.

Hopefully Sony will have a decent showing, cause I'm very likely going to zone E3 out after that.

Psychotic
06-11-2018, 07:48 PM
I thought the trailer for C2077 looked great. Obviously no gameplay but as a piece of world building and scene setting it whet my appetite for more.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2018, 08:04 PM
After watching the DQXI English trailer, I'm chuckling to myself cause you can tell it's an example of American Kirby is Hardcore trope (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmericanKirbyIsHardcore), cause DQ is a lot goofier and light-hearted than the trailer made it out to be. With that said, the game doesn't look too bad, getting a bit of a DQVI vibe off of it.

Rocket Edge
06-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Missed the entire SE conference. I'll catch up with that tomorrow. Thought Beyond Good & Evil 2 and the new Tom Clancy game looked pretty sick. I'm off work this week so gonna catch up with E3 as much as I can.

Mirage
06-11-2018, 11:53 PM

It's very likely that you will be able to create your own character, so whatever personality the trailer dude had, it probably won't matter in the final game.

Spuuky
06-12-2018, 03:26 AM
Maybe. You don't create a character in their last very successful, popular marquee game in open world style.

Freya
06-12-2018, 03:54 AM
Death stranding is still wtf

Depression Moon
06-12-2018, 04:38 AM
Overall a little underwhelmed from everyone except Devolver Digital, but I still feel the E3 spirit. I really hope Nintendo brings it tomorrow

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2018, 05:14 AM
Death Stranding looks as trippy as I imagined it was going to be. Happy to finally get a gameplay trailer, though I can't help but tease Kojima for stuff like the fact it looks like a stealth based courier game over realistic terrain with exciting new features like realistic goosebumps. Isn't the future amazing? I kid, but it's still intriguing, which is what I look for in a trailer. Curious to know how much of the plot was recycled from Silent Hills, cause the switch to an odd horror stealth mode in the end of the trailer feels like something that would have been in that vaporware title.

Fox
06-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Maybe. You don't create a character in their last very successful, popular marquee game in open world style.

When the trailer was glitching out at the start there was a message to fans hidden in it where they confirmed character creation.

https://twitter.com/UnluckyBenny/status/1005936753495158784

Loony BoB
06-12-2018, 08:55 AM
The above message in text form:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kind of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up our sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But, to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's read, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Meh, my point still stands that the trailer would have been better for me if they didn't bother with the narration. I'm not usually impressed with flash, which is why the DQXI trailer was hilariously bad in my opinion cause Squenix is trying too hard to convince us lazy westerners that DQ can be as flashy and badass as Final Fantasy, when we all know this game is going to be like most DQ titles, turn based and filled to the brim with bad puns while still being a pretty solid JRPG.

The Death Stranding Trailer was better for me cause it left me with questions. I want to know what the fuck is going on. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like a generic cyber punk game, with the trailer trying to hit up every cliche the genre has produced. That's not to say I feel it will be bad game, but if they were trying to impress me, they failed. So I'm going to hold back any anticipation for it until I see what else it has to offer. I like trailers that leave me wondering, not a highlights reel or showing us the devs did their homework on what the genre can do. I mean for crying out loud guys, this is a cyberpunk game, do something cyberpunkish with your trailer.

Aulayna
06-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Sony's format this year really didn't translate well to livestreaming. I'm sure it was bewildering and interesting for those in attendance, but it had way too many voids for livestreaming.

Overall, I think the games revealed I'll be picking up are:

- KHIII
- Fallout 76
- TES 6
- Resident Evil 2
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- The Division 2
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey

The Switch has some cool stuff coming to it, hopefully more to be announced today too, but I still haven't picked up that console yet.

Mirage
06-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Meh, my point still stands that the trailer would have been better for me if they didn't bother with the narration. I'm not usually impressed with flash, which is why the DQXI trailer was hilariously bad in my opinion cause Squenix is trying too hard to convince us lazy westerners that DQ can be as flashy and badass as Final Fantasy, when we all know this game is going to be like most DQ titles, turn based and filled to the brim with bad puns while still being a pretty solid JRPG.

The Death Stranding Trailer was better for me cause it left me with questions. I want to know what the fuck is going on. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like a generic cyber punk game, with the trailer trying to hit up every cliche the genre has produced. That's not to say I feel it will be bad game, but if they were trying to impress me, they failed. So I'm going to hold back any anticipation for it until I see what else it has to offer. I like trailers that leave me wondering, not a highlights reel or showing us the devs did their homework on what the genre can do. I mean for crying out loud guys, this is a cyberpunk game, do something cyberpunkish with your trailer.

Are you done moving the goalposts now?

Loony BoB
06-12-2018, 04:19 PM
No need to get your knickers in a twist, you're both entitled and allowed to have your own opinions on games, goalposts be damned.

I got curious about PS4 vs Xbone exclusives this E3. All Xbone games are on Windows, so changed it to Sony vs MS. Seems if you have a PC there are fewer and fewer reasons to have an Xbox One.

MS
Battletoads
Gears 5
Session.
Forza Horizon 4 (out 2018)
Crackdown 3
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Halo Infinite
OUTER WILDS

PS4
Déraciné
Spider-Man (out 2018)
Death Stranding
Trover Saves the Universe
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part II
Fist of the North: Lost Paradise (out 2018)
Ghost Giant
Days Gone
Tetris Effect (out 2018)

Both pretty solid but think Sony edged MS on games this time around. The multiplatform games were excellent for all.

Fynn
06-12-2018, 08:27 PM

The Death Stranding Trailer was better for me cause it left me with questions. I want to know what the smurf is going on. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like a generic cyber punk game, with the trailer trying to hit up every cliche the genre has produced. That's not to say I feel it will be bad game, but if they were trying to impress me, they failed. So I'm going to hold back any anticipation for it until I see what else it has to offer. I like trailers that leave me wondering, not a highlights reel or showing us the devs did their homework on what the genre can do. I mean for crying out loud guys, this is a cyberpunk game, do something cyberpunkish with your trailer.

Are you done moving the goalposts now?

Someone’s grumpy today. Grumpier than usual, I mean ;)

Freya
06-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Are there any more conferences or are we done with new announcements?

Fynn
06-13-2018, 01:35 PM
Is nintendo’s Over?

Loony BoB
06-13-2018, 03:59 PM
Everything is done. Yeah, Nintendo had a conference about games that lasted a few minutes and then Smash Bros had a 30 minute conference.

Fynn
06-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Gotta say this has been underwhelming overall

Shauna
06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
There's been enough for me to come away with some positive thoughts about video games going forward.

Rocket Edge
06-13-2018, 07:12 PM
There's been enough for me to come away with some positive thoughts about video games going forward.
Same. Just caught up with the gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima which is a must buy for me. I love the setting.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-13-2018, 07:28 PM
If anyone's interested there was a live performance by the composers and VA's from Grim Fandango - haven't watched it yet but it's sure to be good if you're a fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDTMa8jJG4&index=102&list=WL

Psychotic
06-13-2018, 07:56 PM
The trailer that disappointed me most was Death Stranding. I've been following it keenly with it having the golden trio of Kojima, Reedus and Battrout smurfing Crazy. And hey the trailer certainly gave more of those three at least! I didn't really know what to expect from the gameplay. Naked Norman Reedus wrestling with an octopus with human arms? Naked Norman Reedus engaging in a trivia challenge against a giant viscera covered baby perhaps? Who knows!

The gameplay in that trailer was... dull. It's the last word I expected to use to describe this game but there we are. That was a lot of walking through some pretty uninspiring landscapes that I've seen the likes of in plenty of other games. Pretty sure that river was Straight Outta Skyrim and the city reminded me a bit of The Last of Us. Hiking with a giant box on your back and crouch walking past smoke ghosts doesn't really feel like it's going to be all that fun either.

And yeah yeah, I know, it's just a trailer and they'll save some more of the juicy stuff for later, and Kojima is famous for his usual go-to "aha! you thought that was the game but it was not, in fact, the game! I am a GENIUS!" move. I think there were too many art assets for this not to be actual game footage and the aforementioned juice will have to be particularly tasty to be worth all that open world hiking. Either way, I can only judge it based on what I saw and what I saw, weird trout and Reedus's beautiful face aside, didn't really inspire me.

Lamia
06-13-2018, 08:17 PM
No Dark Souls IV, Metroid Prime 4, or FF7 remake stuff. :( (To be fair Dark Souls IV hasn't been announced and the developer said III was the last one, but I am holding out hope. Star Ocean 5 and Soul Caliber VI still happened after all).

I am really interested in Death Stranding but what they showed wasn't much of anything. Guess I am going to have to wait
longer to find out how the game will play.

I'll definitely be picking up the next "EVERYONE IS HERE" Smash Bros for Switch :D And omg Ridley.

Freya
06-13-2018, 08:46 PM
The trailer that disappointed me most was Death Stranding. I've been following it keenly with it having the golden trio of Kojima, Reedus and Battrout smurfing Crazy. And hey the trailer certainly gave more of those three at least! I didn't really know what to expect from the gameplay. Naked Norman Reedus wrestling with an octopus with human arms? Naked Norman Reedus engaging in a trivia challenge against a giant viscera covered baby perhaps? Who knows!

The gameplay in that trailer was... dull. It's the last word I expected to use to describe this game but there we are. That was a lot of walking through some pretty uninspiring landscapes that I've seen the likes of in plenty of other games. Pretty sure that river was Straight Outta Skyrim and the city reminded me a bit of The Last of Us. Hiking with a giant box on your back and crouch walking past smoke ghosts doesn't really feel like it's going to be all that fun either.

And yeah yeah, I know, it's just a trailer and they'll save some more of the juicy stuff for later, and Kojima is famous for his usual go-to "aha! you thought that was the game but it was not, in fact, the game! I am a GENIUS!" move. I think there were too many art assets for this not to be actual game footage and the aforementioned juice will have to be particularly tasty to be worth all that open world hiking. Either way, I can only judge it based on what I saw and what I saw, weird trout and Reedus's beautiful face aside, didn't really inspire me.

You worded this basically how I felt about it too. I just, I mean it seems interesting? Just not something for me personally.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Smash Bros looks cool as always, but I would like to know what content there will be besides items and characters. I’d like to know what kind of modes there will be. I also felt it didn’t warrant taking up most of the Nintendo direct and would have liked to see more from other games. I thought that Mario Party looked pretty good, actually.

Sony and Microsoft left me mostly positive. There is some cool looking stuff. Squares conference was mostly meh. I didn’t see any of the others.

Spuuky
06-13-2018, 11:22 PM
No Dark Souls IVWell, they are making a game that's most likely going to be almost identical to Dark Souls but in a different setting, so there is that.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
06-14-2018, 04:29 AM
Nothing really has stood out to me so far. But I'm really difficult to please, soooo...

Maybe if I got more news on Project Re:Fantasy or Project Prelude Rune, I'd be happy. But so far nothing.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2018, 06:16 AM
No Dark Souls IVWell, they are making a game that's most likely going to be almost identical to Dark Souls but in a different setting, so there is that.

Maybe not, actually. FromSoftware just released some info on Sekiro (http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/13/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-classes-stats-online-communication/), and apparently it won't have classes, stats, or online components. It's being pitched as a pure action-adventure game.

As for E3, kind of an underwhelming year overall. Most of the big name titles are games I'm not interested in (KHIII, ESVI, Smash) or were games for systems I don't own like Octopath Traveler. Sekiro looks interesting, but I wouldn't mind more info. I'm happy we finally got some gameplay footage for Death Stranding, but I'll echo that it was a bit underwhelming. On the other hand, considering how much hype it's been getting, maybe it was a good thing to release something that would lower expectations. I'm not really bothered by the idea that what we saw in the trailer is the extent of the gameplay. I doubt it will be but either way, we're still talking about a man who made one of the best survival horror games in the last five years involving two hallways and a bathroom that repeat, so maybe there is more than what we're seeing here. Either way, the game still doesn't have much going for it besides being bizarre and mysterious. Also DQXI looks pretty good, and will likely be the only SE game I'm looking forward to for awhile that I can actually play unless SaGa Scarlet Graces gets a release date sometime this year.

Fynn
06-14-2018, 06:34 AM
Im still salty we’re not getting the 3DS version in the West :nonono:

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2018, 06:42 AM

I'm not surprised we're not getting it. The 3DS version was basically made for Japan, while the PS4 version was made for the West due to gaming device preferences.

Fynn
06-14-2018, 07:26 AM
I’m not saying I’m surprised either. I’m just really really angry.

maybee
06-14-2018, 02:56 PM

Same here. I love the 3DS and it looks like Nintendo just wants to murder it off for the Switch, despite it still doing pretty strongly.

Bubba
06-14-2018, 05:04 PM

Zora
06-15-2018, 02:12 AM

Is that confirmed? I wonder if Nintendo might do the legwork whenever the Switch version comes over as a simultaneous release.

Fynn
06-15-2018, 05:26 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/28/dragon-quest-xi-not-coming-3ds-west-switch-version-arrives-much-later/

The switch version will most likely just be a port of the PS4 version so that’s not really any consolation for me. The 3DS version was pretty much a completely different game aside from the story.

Depression Moon
06-15-2018, 06:44 PM
The Resident Evil 2 remake looks really good I mean really good.

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2018, 07:52 AM
This trailer slipped past me, what I get for missing the conferences.

KJFQhEY9udE

Looks like what would happen if Mœbius and Journey had a baby.

Darth Ganon
06-18-2018, 06:12 AM
The main thing I got out of E3 this year (besides KHIII trailers and a release date) is that I'm so glad I didn't buy the DLC characters in Smash Wii U/3DS. I was going to, too, but I already had Mewtwo from pre-ordering it and that blocked me from downloading the character package because Nintendo doesn't know how to overlap DLC (or they do, but don't because it forces people to spend more individually).

I'm just sad that there was no teaser for a new Zelda.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
06-21-2018, 07:51 AM
This trailer slipped past me, what I get for missing the conferences.

That's because they wantedI it to slip past you.

But seriously, that looks really rad. Color me intrigued.

Depression Moon
06-25-2018, 05:25 PM
I don't think it was shown at any of the conferences.

maybee
06-26-2018, 04:41 AM
I'm just sad that there was no teaser for a new Zelda.

Why ???

A new Zelda just came out.

Darth Ganon
07-03-2018, 10:37 PM
That's just how much I enjoy Zelda. I was kind of hoping there was a side game maybe being worked on that would be holding us over until the next big one.

Conrad
10-05-2018, 05:35 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-Stars_Victory_VS

I forgot this one was released in the west
Thanks for the link.