PDA

View Full Version : Your type of humor

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2018, 10:39 PM
What do you find funny?

Fynn
06-21-2018, 10:47 PM
I’m quite versatile when it comes to humor, but nothing cracks me up quite so much as dark humor. Puns are a no-no though

Shauna
06-21-2018, 10:52 PM
No.

Fun.

Allowed.

Wolf Kanno
06-22-2018, 12:01 AM

Vermachtnis
06-22-2018, 02:10 AM
"So it was my friends birthday the other day. I got him an elephant for his room. He said, 'Hey, thanks for the elephant.' I said, 'Don't mention it.'"

Whatever that is. Those silly little jokes are my favorite.

Darkhero
06-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Dry humor and puns. A lot of puns.

escobert
06-24-2018, 11:57 PM
Dry humor. Also, simple stuff.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-25-2018, 09:33 PM
I tend to like British humour. I especially like absurdist humour that comes out of nowhere and surprises me. I don't tend to laugh a lot, but usually the element of surprise helps. I also like really bad puns and coming up with weird creative ideas based on movies or whatever.

Loony BoB
06-28-2018, 02:57 PM
These days it's more about what I don't find funny. I prefer British to American humour when it comes to stand up comedians, for the most part. I'm not a fan of "let's just be really random and stupid" stuff like you get with the likes of Dane Cook, who is a terrible comedian as far as I'm concerned. I like puns. I like dark humour, to an extent (read: I like Jimmy Carr's stuff, beyond that level of dark humour it's a case-by-case basis). I like innocent humour, like kids and whatnot. I like happy/silly comedy, like that of Adam Hills or The Emperor's New Groove.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
06-28-2018, 07:34 PM

me: "true, true..."
me: thinks about how I just watched The Death of Stalin yesterday
me: looks back at the picture
me:
me: "oh my god"

I can't believe I only just got the punchline lmao

gil.langelaan
07-02-2018, 02:54 PM

Darth Ganon
07-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Dark and dry humor with the occasional dirty joke sprinkled on top. I also appreciate a good pun as I like to annoy people with them.

Kibbs Kibbard
07-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Well... I'm an arse hat by nature and by class (Level 99 Arse Hat here) so I tend to laugh the most from others misfortune. That being said, I do like a other types of humor, it just depends on how funny I find it.

Freya
07-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Dry humor, puns, and clever wordplay/smart humor.

Crude humor, I'm not a fan of. Offensive things in the guise of humor, not a fan of either. "haha it's true, Women DO like to nag hahaha" :roll2

I do find political, smart humor funny. Political humor about peoples looks or whatever is not funny to me. But if it's a clever joke about current world politics, I laugh.

When I say "smart" humor, what I mean is things that tend to require more knowledge about than just your every day knock knock joke. I think because it's not average it feels more amusing to me because it also doesn't get joked about as much. It's not that you're actually smarter than others but that it's about topics that require a little more basis to go off of.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-15-2018, 11:09 PM
My teenage years were a steady diet of George Carlin and Bill Hicks. I loved the mix of gallows humor and world commentary, but in hindsight I also feel like they made me too cynical.

I've been a fan of Bo Burnham since his early YouTube days and I like the way he incorporates music into his comedy. He's great at using words and phrases with double meanings so that certain things he says can be interpreted in many different ways.

I also really like Hasan Minhaj and his Netflix special Homecoming King was amazing. The stories and pictures he shared were relatable, but through his lens in a way that was unique to his experience. His jokes about rejection and what happened in the aftermath of it all were great.

Shadowdust
07-16-2018, 06:26 AM
I have a mildly dry sense of humor but I grew up on really goofy slapstick humor and love it. In order to truly laugh, I need someone with me. Some comedy can be enjoyed alone but anything can be funny if you have someone to laugh with you. I just recently started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it leaves pretty winded from laughing so hard a lot of times.