PDA

View Full Version : What do you find scary?

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2018, 06:11 AM
Been reading up a bit on horror and fear lately, so I was curious to learn what are you afraid of? Not just phobias, like what kind of movies or tv shows have scared you before and what not as well.

carefulmom
06-29-2018, 10:21 AM
the movie Conjuring scared me

Bri
06-29-2018, 02:08 PM
First of all let me say that I love/live for anything spectacularly scary movies. So many has scared me that I can't name but one that I recently watched not too long ago is a movie that's called Annihilation. Creepy, unsettling and kept me up the first few nights. Now I am looking forward to seeing A quiet place.

maybee
06-30-2018, 01:50 AM
Not to sound edgy or anything, but "friendzone-y '' males ( and females sometimes ) give me the shudders.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
06-30-2018, 07:34 AM
blindness. Oh, and debilitating damage to my left hand. Two of the most horrifying concepts to me.

Psychotic
06-30-2018, 09:32 AM
Not to sound edgy or anything, but "friendzone-y '' males ( and females sometimes ) give me the shudders.b-but m'lady! *awkwardly looks down and shuffles feet* this just means you have never encountered a truly nice guy! *clenches fist to show my iron will but find it difficult due to my grease-drenched palms* they say chivalry is dead but not while a gentleman like me still draws mortal breath! *nervously adjusts collar, grips $30 katana replica I bought on eBay firmly*

Anyway to get on topic, infinity. The idea of the mind always being on, forever, with no end in sight, is terrifying. Steven King's The Jaunt (https://lingualeo.com/es/jungle/the-jaunt-by-stephen-king-477690#/page/1) really stuck with me, and some of the things they do on Black Mirror about human consciousness (or copies of it) being held in infinity made me feel uncomfortable too.

maybee
07-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Not to sound edgy or anything, but "friendzone-y '' males ( and females sometimes ) give me the shudders.b-but m'lady! *awkwardly looks down and shuffles feet* this just means you have never encountered a truly nice guy! *clenches fist to show my iron will but find it difficult due to my grease-drenched palms* they say chivalry is dead but not while a gentleman like me still draws mortal breath! *nervously adjusts collar, grips $30 katana replica I bought on eBay firmly*

https://78.media.tumblr.com/8e0a0c9247b988c67ddba6c79f8e77c7/tumblr_inline_nw7m2e6HsJ1qafrh6_500.png

Vermachtnis
07-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Anyway to get on topic, infinity. The idea of the mind always being on, forever, with no end in sight, is terrifying. Steven King's The Jaunt (https://lingualeo.com/es/jungle/the-jaunt-by-stephen-king-477690#/page/1) really stuck with me, and some of the things they do on Black Mirror about human consciousness (or copies of it) being held in infinity made me feel uncomfortable too.

That and I find the opposite end of the spectrum just as terrifying. That one day, it'll just end. That one day, I won't exist anymore. That nothing will. I've kept myself up at night thinking about these two things.

Bubba
07-02-2018, 04:05 PM
I find questions about what I find scary, scary.

AAAAAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Loony BoB
07-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Just that general losing those that I love thing. The idea of swimming in the ocean (ie, way out from land, like when people dive off navy boats in the middle of nowhere) leaves me pretty scared too. Beyond that I'm not sure I get scared very easily, unless you count jump-scares which I just call being shocked/frightened rather than actually scared.

carefulmom
07-03-2018, 08:43 PM
I am also afraid of death

Darth Ganon
07-03-2018, 10:28 PM
All that creepy stuff in the ocean? Yeah, that junk.

As far as just stories/movies/TV goes, simple ghost stuff is what spooks me.

Fynn
07-04-2018, 09:20 AM
You know, I’ve been mulling over this thread for a while now, and it’s weird. Normally I’m a person who overthinks things and comes to a million conclusions, but when asked what I’m afraid of, I really can’t say. And that’s not to say I’m not afraid of anything, because I’m a bundle of anxiety, it’s just really hard for me to answer. Used to be afraid of bugs, the dark, heights, etc, but I’ve kind of overcome those.

I think all that’s left and what’s really great to me when I encounter it in horror is adult fear. Death of a family member, sickness, etc. what I’m most scared of, however, is that I’ll keep procrastinating all my life and never even get close to achieving what I want to achieve. Worse than dead: forgotten.

Christmas
02-12-2023, 01:37 PM
Cockroaches. :(

Mr Gashtacular
02-13-2023, 07:54 AM
im scared that im almost 35 and still shitposting into the void

Loony BoB
02-13-2023, 01:57 PM
Things I found scary back then: Losing people, the open ocean.

Things I find scary now: I mean, still the above, but I'm more so actually scared of what people will think of me if I tell them my honest feelings about pretty much anything serious. Will they think I'm a creep if I tell them I compliment them? Will they think I'm a burden if I tell them I need their help? Will they hate me for dredging up the past if I apologise for something that has weighed on my mind? Will they think I'm annoying for talking to them at all? Will they hate me if they know I intentionally stopped maintaining our friendship because I felt I was a hindrance? Will they think I have ulterior motives if I wish them happy birthday?

The mind works in stupid, awful ways and mine seems to only worsen in these regards over time.

I am very open about 95% of things and that five percent has slowly but surely, through the course of being burned on many occasions, had a more and more solidly defended wall set up around it.