PDA

View Full Version : One Save File to rule them all....

Wolf Kanno
07-05-2018, 06:23 AM
This will likely only apply to Pokemon fans and a few other titles, but what are your thoughts about RPGs or games in general that trap you with only one save file?

I've been tinkering around with the idea of getting back into Digimon World Dusk for my handheld gaming. but the game has only one save file so in the case of Digimon, I would be getting rid of my previous badass file and starting completely over for a playthrough I'll likely not finish.

Fynn
07-05-2018, 07:51 AM
I used to worry about that much more but now I just don’t care. If I want to start a new game, that old save file is of no use to me at all anyway. Plus, whenever I do have more save space, I always end up saving in just one slot anyway. So I’m not bothered.

Wolf Kanno
07-05-2018, 10:29 PM
I think my bigger issue with this problem is that I have a few Digimon only because my GF traded them with me, so starting over means I lose out on some exclusive Digimon since she traded her game years ago.

Fynn
07-06-2018, 05:16 AM
So a trophy that has no inherent value is preventing you from reliving a game you want to play.

Loony BoB
07-06-2018, 12:44 PM
I think it's kinda dumb, personally.

Skyblade
07-06-2018, 02:33 PM
I despise games with only one save file. Because it costs you all your progress to restart. And sometimes I like to go around and derp with my high level parties, or explore more in an endgame file. All sorts of stuff like that.

At least we'll have multiple save files on the Switch Pokémon game.

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2018, 07:42 PM
So a trophy that has no inherent value is preventing you from reliving a game you want to play.

More like I'll lose my easy access to a few of my favorite mons, which was part of the reason I bothered getting the game in the first place. I'll probably never touch my copy of Pokemon Blue because it has a file with all three starters on my team. Thankfully I have Red so starting a new file isn't a big deal.