PDA

View Full Version : Gaming OCD

Wolf Kanno
07-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Are there any elements in games you have some OCD with? Do you have to collect every Ring/Coin in a Sonic/Mario game? Have to obtain all the weapons available in a game? Need to be number one on a leader board at least once in a multiplayer game? Always use the same team or set-up in a game you've played a few times? Have to collect one of every item? Have to make your first playthrough a "perfect game"? What games do you have OCD issues with?

Loony BoB
07-06-2018, 01:08 PM
In many FF games I want to Platinum. I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at the moment and seem to be incapable of progressing the storyline while the map isn't completely clear of things to do via sidequests / collectables.

Midgar Zolom
07-06-2018, 10:14 PM
I used the be a lot more OCD when I was younger, a little on the stubborn side but it's what got me mastering games. Now I just try and do as much as I can. I'll always play alongside some solid online resources that aid me in not missing important items etc. In truth I don't play many new games, I'm on more of a nostalgia trip.... I master Final Fantasy VII once a year though, that seems to be a compulsion.

Vermachtnis
07-08-2018, 10:29 AM
When I have control over it, stats must end in 0 or 5. In Dark Souls I spend five levels in a row on the same stat. Same with items in all games. Gotta keep them at 5 or 0.

And in games with classes or skills I won't change until I've leveled or learned a new skill.

Mercen-X
07-09-2018, 03:47 AM
I'm pretty much OCD on every game. I probe around for items, things to see, NPCs to talk to, lore, equipment, skills, grind for max stats, completing bestiaries, play every mini-game, and explore 100% of every map (where possible). Sometimes my OCD comes into conflict with my procrastination and laziness and I'll give up on something I've been working for, shrugging it off as a trophy I don't need. I mean, I don't need any of it, yet I wasted hours on all of it for whatever reasons and now it's sheer lack of energy that mars my desire for it forcing me to realize I could have been doing something more productive and fulfilling (which in itself is a ritual bloodletting of my self-worth). This partly moves me to stop playing a game altogether.