PDA

View Full Version : Why don't

Jinx
07-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Characters from this game have a last name when they do in every other Final Fantasy? Fuck, Seymour's name is Seymour Guado and Kimahri is Kimahri Ronso. So am I to believe that it's Yuna Human? Rikku Al Bhed?

stupide

Psychotic
07-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Auron Unsent.
Tidus Dream.
Wakka Beautiful-Boy.

maybee
07-23-2018, 07:21 AM
Square got lazy. They used to do full surnames, birthdays, blood types etc and then they got all "here's Tidus, he like water sport ".

Vermachtnis
07-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Yuna is her last name. Her full name is High Summoner Yuna. They say it all the time. Jeez.

Loony BoB
07-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Verm: I thought her first name was simply "Summoner" and last name "Yuna", and that they were just really keen on welcoming her.

MJN SEIFER
07-24-2018, 09:16 AM
I have seen two places (one magazine I don't own and a website called "Final Fantasy Compendium", if it's still on that site, I'll check later) refer to Seymour's first form (i.e. the one where he is his everyday self) as Seymour Solus, so back in the day I had a headcanon that that was his full name.

It should be said, I have not seen it stated officially, and it's not in the game, so I don't know where they got "Solus" from. The magazine also made it look like he was only Seymour Solus after Anima had been dismissed as well.

Shauna
07-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Yuna is her last name. Her full name is High Summoner Yuna. They say it all the time. Jeez.

Verm: I thought her first name was simply "Summoner" and last name "Yuna", and that they were just really keen on welcoming her.

Don't be silly guys, nobody has the first names High Summoner.

It's Lady.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-24-2018, 04:32 PM
There are a couple of characters that seem to have two names that I can remember. There’s Wen Kinoc and Yo Mika. I don’t know why them and no one else though.

I also like to think that Auron’s full name is actually Sir Auron. They do call him that, right?

Mr. Carnelian
07-25-2018, 10:19 PM
Maybe their culture doesn’t have surnames.

Mr Gashtacular
07-25-2018, 10:49 PM
if your culture didnt have surnames you;d just be Mr.

MJN SEIFER
07-26-2018, 01:17 PM
I wonder if anyone's ever tried to give the fanmade surnames, but actual surnames that sound like they could be surnames, and not just whatever their species is. A good idea would be to take a leaf out of Final Fantasy's usual book, and try to make them sound like surnames, but also have them be something relevant.

I mean, I don't know if they all are, but Final Fantasy tends to give its characters names that relate to that character, but still take a bit of thought to understand, like it relates to their storyline or their character, be it a word that means what they're referencing or something else, like... a name shared with someone who was a similar character to them or something. So basically find a word or something that fits with that character or something (Guados and Ronsos can be included), and turn that into a surname - you can change it up, or keep it as it is, as long as the meaning doesn't jump out too much, unless you are overly familiar with the meaning.

Again: I have no idea where the idea of Seymour Solus comes from (maybe that was fanmade all along?), but according to The Final Fantasy Compendium, "solus" means "alone and ignored", which they liken to his backstory.