PDA

View Full Version : Dating

Wolf Kanno
07-26-2018, 07:59 AM
I've been working on a romance piece lately and the subject of dating came up within it and has left me in a bit of a conundrum. I don't necessarily feel I'm a good dater, at least in terms of coming up with something fun for both my partner and I to do. What about other people, what activities do you find yourself doing on dates?

Whether you still do it with that special someone, or currently doing so in order to find that special someone. Answer these three dating questions:

1. What would be your most ideal "dream" date?
2. What would be your "date from hell"?
3. What is the best date you've ever been on?

carefulmom
07-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Well, been married for a couple of years but still dream of getting the best dates

I prefer star gazing. Been wanting it so bad.
2. What would be your "date from hell"? Hmm... none that I can think of
3. What is the best date you've ever been on? A candlelit dinner at home while children are asleep.

Depression Moon
07-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Well I'm 28 and I just been on my first date and never heard from that person again, so I can't really answer your questions.

Wolf Kanno
07-26-2018, 05:06 PM
Honestly the first two questions are hypothetical and don't have to be based on real experience. What sounds like the best/worst date could you have. Only the last question is based on personal experience.

Obsidian
07-27-2018, 05:35 AM
Wandering around aimlessly and my date and I finding entertainment through mutual humor. For me it is that simple.

The polar opposite: someone you just can't communicate with at all.

A night of puns on a dock near a Hyatt hotel before we sat around in the lobby and bantered more while trying to pass ourselves off as guests.

Psychotic
07-27-2018, 04:15 PM
I always found the best moments of dates were never the dates themselves but the car journey back and just pulling up somewhere and sitting and talking about everything and nothing and losing all track of time.

FFNut
08-03-2018, 10:44 AM
The best date I was on was I took my now wife down the river on a raft. It was a nice relaxing day where we got a chance to just enjoy the beauty of nature and get to know each other. That was the day I fell in love with her.

Fynn
08-03-2018, 10:49 AM
I always found the best moments of dates were never the dates themselves but the car journey back and just pulling up somewhere and sitting and talking about everything and nothing and losing all track of time.

Ooh definitely. The conversations you have in the middle of the night with your SO are the best

Loony BoB
08-03-2018, 02:31 PM
1. What you do doesn't matter, it's the person you're with. I guess one thing you could say is that things just happen to go well, and there's no negativity.
2. When the person you're with annoys you, has bad conversation skills, is racist, kills babies etc. and yet is totally into you and will not take any hint that the day is over, even if you're being forthright about it. I think that would be the worst thing for me. Also if they start crying and say you're the only reason they're living etc. And then you get stuck in a room with them somehow. Maybe an elevator. Effectively any kind of situation where you find yourself stuck with someone despite completely hating it.

Also, I guess being stood up.

3. I honestly don't know. I don't linger in the past and/or spend much time reminiscing. xD I know of dates I've had that were amazing, but for me holidays become a big long date, or a sequence of consecutive dates, and they're far more enjoyable. The road trip along Great Ocean Road (between Adelaide and Melbourne) was particularly awesome.

Mr Gashtacular
08-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Most dates I've been on have been chilled out, grabbing some food. In my experience, most dates that needed a gimmicky fun unique "thing" to do have been making up for a lacking in something else (like the ability to hold a conversation). i know thats not always the case, but in my experience it's what happens.

ive never had any truly bad dates - but i've usually gotten to know the person well before the date actually happens. i've never been on a blind date or met anyone on tinder or w/e and i find that idea a little scary actually.

best dates have usually involved driving around, stopping somewhere nice, getting a bite to eat, maybe getting up to the knuckle in the back seat, then home and a "checking you got home safe" text

Biggy_Wambo
08-09-2018, 11:43 AM
So there are many subtlety to dating, many nuance that goes unsaid or randomly occurs within a spectrum of emotion and exists for the both of you in your reality. If I have any advice, it is as follows:

MOOD - every date should have The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby play at some time. If you have a car, make sure you play when you pick them up, and you can also play on the drive back for extra effort. If you don't have a car, a mobile phone can work, turn it up without saying anything and leave sweet music on in the background.
Toy Soldiers by Martika works also but to less effect. If you play a female voice with music, it makes your date think you hate her and envious. She may bolt.

LOVE - if there is no love there is no love. Love impossible without love. Make sure your date at least likes you and if they do not refer to step 1.

MOVIE - watching a movie is good for dating because it means you get away with not saying anything whatsoever and you are basically improving your relationship with absolute zero effort on your part. This is the aim of game. Less is more, love is love, after all you're my wonderwall.

WONDER - you must be mysterious. The lady hates knowing who she is dating. Every time you establish some kind of coherent personality, shatter it and act completely different. This assures the lady you are wild and unpredictable, being unstable helps create a excitement on the date.

BRAIN - use your brain! Make sure you do this.

SAFE - always use protection unless you want many puppies scampering around or smaller creatures living inside of you causing all sort of havoc.

HELLO - communicate. Answer even if she say nothing. Think on your toes. Be strong. Get angry as much as you can, this explains you as strong capable man. Shout, if you can.

There is much more but this is for another time.

Vasher
09-10-2018, 04:01 PM

Skipping the formalities and getting right to the sex. (Just kidding)

Running through the motions and never getting to the sex. (Just kidding)

Picked her up, but never made it to the restaurant/movie because too much sex. (Wasn’t “Best Date Ever”)

Seriously though, I was going to say something similar to what Bob did. The best dates start with the connection. The best relationships start with the connection.

My best times are spent with my best friend, my wife. We still go on “dates” every once in a while, but more often than not, we’ve got our 3 kids with us, which offers a whole other level of entertainment.

TouristOperator
09-11-2018, 05:20 AM
1. "Dream Date."

Sitting at night, on a clear, cool, moonlit night, by a still, quiet body of water somewhere far away from any kind of 'civilization.' Idk what it is about lakes, or somesuch, but the thought of it is nice. Building a fire in the moonlight together by a quiet lake, and then talking together about all of existence.

2. "Date From Hell"

When you have an unpleasable person out on a date, it doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing. So many people just can't appreciate anything less than absolute perfection in this world. I've had many dates go like this. The person just wants control of the sun in the morning and the moon at night. It's demoralizing and heartbreaking, because everyone wants to please their date.

3. "Best Date Ever."

This is gonna sound strange, but for the longest time in my life, I didn't have a car or even a bike. I walked everywhere, sometimes just out of boredom. When I first met my SO, she actually walked all over town with me. :) It was such a wonderful feeling to not be alone on those long walks for once in my life, that I get a little misty eyed just thinking about it.