PDA

View Full Version : Where are you guys wasting your time at anymore?

Freya
08-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Cause it's not here!

I tend to frequent facebook groups, reddit, tumblr, instagram, pinterest, discord, and twitter.

Where are you nerds hanging out?

Psychotic
08-15-2018, 08:21 PM
MySpace Dot Com and Habbo Hotel.

Freya
08-15-2018, 08:28 PM
MySpace Dot Com and Habbo Hotel.

I'm in your Top 8 though, right?

Psychotic
08-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Yes. You are awesomesauce rawr XD

Shauna
08-15-2018, 09:23 PM
Not online mostly I guess? Video games? I don't really know.

Hoju
08-16-2018, 02:36 AM
There's another forum I go to. I'm sometimes on discord or just lurking facebook groups.
And look at that, I found my way back here today :)

Mr Gashtacular
08-16-2018, 09:59 AM
i kinda look at reddit a lot just for funny pictures and stuff, i dont have an account or post or anything. there's a couple chat groups and discords i frequent. a couple irc channels here and there. i look at twitter a loooot, but its mostly for work-related and social activism stuff - again, i mostly lurk :)

Loony BoB
08-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Twitch and Monster Hunter World. I still visit here pretty regularly compared to most sites. I'm sporadically on FFXIV depending on the patch and my availability. 12 weekends a year I'm at a comic convention of some sort, too, which takes up a load of time.

Darth Ganon
08-17-2018, 05:37 AM
I've been spending more time doing things in the real world lately, so it's been the Internet in general that's been getting neglected by me at the moment.

I'm not entirely sure how it's paying off for me so far, though.

Dignified Pauper
08-23-2018, 02:23 AM
FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM!

You guys... it's 2018.

Leeza
08-23-2018, 05:39 AM
Ingress/ (https://www.ingress.com) is what's occupying my time lately. It's not a game that you can sit on the couch to play. You have to go outside. Way outside.

Cassandra Prime Vancouver (http://events.ingress.com/anomaly/cassandraprime/vancouver) is where I will be this weekend....saving the world. :cat:

Fynn
08-23-2018, 06:24 AM
Mostly just life in general, what with my kid here now. Video games, books, writing and YouTube is what I do besides this place (and its discord) as a pastime.

Night Fury
08-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Discord and twitter

Vermachtnis
08-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Working mostly. I check here at least once a day though. The only other forum I visit is PSNP. Gotta get those trophies.

Aulayna
08-23-2018, 10:39 PM
World of Warcraft, Disneyland Paris, Twitter.

In that order.

xD

Sephex
08-24-2018, 04:36 PM
I've been working a lot of myself mentally. Mostly the staff knows this, but last year was very rough for myself, friends, and family for various reasons.

Otherwise, there are several YouTube channels I watch and I've been playing lots of games when I can. Mostly through Metroid Prime, did a bunch of Hollow Knight recently (stuck on Final Boss and am taking a break since I legit got furious when not beating it), and recently got into the Danganropa series (I'm early in the second game, no spoilers)!

Work is also going well, but keeping me very busy too. That and I've been trying to get more active. I am closing on in 70lbs lost. Below are pics. The first one was me at a con meeting ProJared and PBG in July of 2017. The other photo was taken a few days ago.

https://i.imgur.com/BQWebLU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8tk8N9w.jpg

sharkythesharkdogg
08-24-2018, 07:05 PM
In the middle of building a race car for my dad/with dad, going through a vintage race car/getting it race ready again for a customer, and just got my girlfriend's car back on the road. Along with the typical work load.

So car things, as usual.

Jonathan
08-24-2018, 09:04 PM
DISCORD AND FACEBOOK

Scotty_ffgamer
08-30-2018, 02:05 AM
I’ve mostly just been working and playing FFXIV since people from work convinced me to play again. Otherwise I’m just hanging out with my wife.

Edit: I’ve also been doing a ton of reading. About to finish up what exists of Brandon Sanderson’s stuff and will need to figure out what to read next. I really like being able to get library books on my kindle.

Pike
09-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Tumblr and Discord. And work.

Vyk
09-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Freaking YouTube and I've begun to hate it. It really starts to suck ones life away. Spending the better portion of of an evening just watching other people play games. I miss the forum. I miss having an internet life. I miss having a social life. I miss spending time being creative. So I'm basically dying with the forum

TouristOperator
09-14-2018, 04:13 AM
Don't know if this thread really applies to me since I'm so new, but I've been wasting my time going to job interviews/looking at apartments.

I'm only now realizing how little sense that sentence made, because I really don't have a lot of time to waste, when I think about it.

In summary, I don't know why I'm saying this and you should stop reading.

You rebel. I like you.

Chibi Youkai
09-16-2018, 01:10 AM
Mostly FFXIV. Y'all should join us in the insanity.

Strider
09-19-2018, 05:51 AM
I'm mostly on the hell site that is Twitter dot com these days, and I write for a USA Today sports site and work now that I'm finally out of school forever.

Loony BoB
09-20-2018, 01:18 PM
OMG HI STRIDER <3

Bubba
09-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Does it matter? We’re all just wasting time until our inevitable deaths. I for one wish it would hurry the fuck up.

Jiro
09-21-2018, 01:26 PM
I spend all of my time, free and otherwise, around games. Aside from my teaching commitments, I am also semi-recently getting into tabletop roleplaying games for the first time, and will be writing my own—about (possibly gay) witches—this coming summer. I am also starting on my first VR project with some colleagues, which will be an audio-narrative experience... that also, if you have vision, will include some dope proc-gen terrain based on the audio. It's kind of ambitious for my skill set but I have a good team to help mitigate the hardest parts. Otherwise, I lurk Facebook and Twitter and am on the board of directors of a charity.

TouristOperator
09-21-2018, 03:32 PM
I found a job and an apartment, not that youse guys asked :D

qwertysaur
09-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Sort answer: Math, Stack Overflow, Github, and other developer sites.

Long answer: I am writing and testing a class that teaches Calculus using Python scripting. I've been to a lot of meetings and written several proposals for the class. hit a snag when the provost of the college quit at the same time as the dean and vice dean, so I had to do all of it twice. But now the class is going well and my students are doing very well for themselves.

I'm also playing around a lot with a lot of machine learning toys. My favorite right now is TensorFlow through AWS because I get to use a cloud based GPU to do the heavy lifting for me when it comes to training models. It's really nice.

I also am working on a couple pet projects for mobile phones. The first is an AR game that can finally work now that Apple released a stable new build of AR kit. I have a working prototype that was overloading the phone but there are a lot of updates in v2 that make the game runnable. The second is a website that accesses your phones camera and gps. You put something like a sign in the camera and it will detect the text and translate it for you into your native language. Great for traveling to foreign countries to use.

I also am a co organizer of one of NYC's 2 Google Developer Groups, (we make events and bug google to send us swag and money. They give more often than you think) So I help plan the events and give talks about the stuff I make. It's a lot of fun.

I also play games for research. :bigsmile:

Chibi Youkai
09-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Sort answer: Math, Stack Overflow, Github, and other developer sites.

Long answer: I am writing and testing a class that teaches Calculus using Python scripting. I've been to a lot of meetings and written several proposals for the class. hit a snag when the provost of the college quit at the same time as the dean and vice dean, so I had to do all of it twice. But now the class is going well and my students are doing very well for themselves.

I'm also playing around a lot with a lot of machine learning toys. My favorite right now is TensorFlow through AWS because I get to use a cloud based GPU to do the heavy lifting for me when it comes to training models. It's really nice.

I also am working on a couple pet projects for mobile phones. The first is an AR game that can finally work now that Apple released a stable new build of AR kit. I have a working prototype that was overloading the phone but there are a lot of updates in v2 that make the game runnable. The second is a website that accesses your phones camera and gps. You put something like a sign in the camera and it will detect the text and translate it for you into your native language. Great for traveling to foreign countries to use.

I also am a co organizer of one of NYC's 2 Google Developer Groups, (we make events and bug google to send us swag and money. They give more often than you think) So I help plan the events and give talks about the stuff I make. It's a lot of fun.

I also play games for research. :bigsmile:

You have an incredibly awesome job. So envious.

Fonzie
09-23-2018, 07:44 AM
I do mostly PHP/JavaScript/MySql along with IT solutions for a company I joined around a year ago.

Christmas
04-01-2023, 01:38 PM
Work. :(

Loony BoB
04-01-2023, 03:13 PM
Mostly just doing my own thing, chatting with friends, watching shows, and recently have got a little back into some of my old Twitch haunts. D&D whenever the group(s) are all available, which is once or twice a week.

Shoeberto
04-03-2023, 05:46 PM
The dead gay internet forum SomethingAwful dot com, and also mastodon and matrix chat. Sometimes I hang out with my kid, IF I HAVE TO I GUESS.

Quindiana Jones
04-05-2023, 11:27 PM
Work. :(

this. :|