PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Miss

Fonzie
08-25-2018, 07:53 AM
We've all gone on with our lives.

I hope that with this we've found something we're comfortable doing day to day. This doesn't describe the topic though.

I want Sagensyg in this thread. Along with a few others, who would you like to speak to given the chance? A person who has left you here? :lol:

Lawr
09-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Here I am, what are your other two wishes? :D

Edit: What did you guys do to Shoeberto? Where did you guys hide his body?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-08-2018, 04:58 AM
Sometimes I miss people from 05/06 and wonder if they would think it's creepy that I still remember them and name drop them in a thread 12 years later because we weren't that close.

crashNUMBERS
10-02-2018, 03:37 AM
kawaii ryukishi

maybee
10-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Jiro, but luckily I'm able to talk to him through other means!

Jiro is the sociopathic Luigi Mario Kart gif guy right ??

Yeah, I miss him too. He seemed to be really cool.

Loony BoB
10-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Jiro still posts... occasionally!

I miss pretty much everyone, they all get their turn. Lately I have missed Wyllius and Nait. Thankfully, as Jinx said, for the most part I can still contact the people I'm closest to via Facebook, but it's the old chatroom and all the fun we had that I miss most, back when we still had some minor sense of anonymity to our banter.

Galuf
10-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Controversial as all hell. but i miss Ayen and Midgar mist.
a

Vermachtnis
10-04-2018, 01:07 AM
I miss Ayen too. And Zeromus_X and Momiji. Is Pumpkin still around? I feel like I haven't seen her in a minute.

Galuf
10-04-2018, 02:28 AM
I miss Ayen too. And Zeromus_X and Momiji. Is Pumpkin still around? I feel like I haven't seen her in a minute.
I think pumpkin is gone the now too.
I actually miss all the forum peeps really cos i barely come around here anymore.
You should come to discord more often so i can annoy you.

maybee
10-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Controversial as all hell. but i miss Ayen

Same here. Ayen was great. A good friend too.

CimminyCricket
10-06-2018, 09:55 AM
There are a few people that I miss that I don't have contact with, like Nominus and Tavrobel, but I have maintained contact with a majority of all the people who I spent the most time with here.

Chris
11-03-2018, 08:41 PM
This place in general.

Pike
11-04-2018, 03:38 AM
I miss Christmas :bigsmile:

Vyk
11-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Future Esthar

Chibi Youkai
11-04-2018, 06:28 AM
I haven't seen Freya on in a long time. She still around?

Vyk
11-04-2018, 10:25 PM

She is. She posted the other day in fact. Just not super active, but not gone. I have her on Facebook as well and because of that my PSN actually suggested her and BoB as friends a couple days ago. I should go back and add them

Shauna
11-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Freya is definitely still here being a mod or something. Discord is where you'll see her most.

Freya
11-05-2018, 06:28 PM

No. She died.

Freya is definitely still here being a mod or something. Discord is where you'll see her most.

Yeah, I'm mostly in discord moderating those nerds. I'm almost always around there. (you can join us over there (https://discordapp.com/invite/WxNtGS2), we're still fairly active.) I've been quite distracted with Inktober and NaNoWriMo though the past two months so i've been just less active everywhere because of this but I'm still around.

Chibi Youkai
11-06-2018, 07:36 AM
I keep forgetting that the forums have a discord. Been mostly hanging out in the Fat Chocobos one. Will have to pop in more often.

Dignified Pauper
11-12-2018, 01:53 PM
I see, no one mentions Marick D. Pauper anymore.

Loony BoB
11-12-2018, 03:48 PM
I see, no one mentions Marick D. Pauper anymore.
Perhaps we just Marick'ed our lists. ;)

sharkythesharkdogg
11-12-2018, 07:46 PM
BlackMage_Nuke seemed a decent sort.

Shoeberto
11-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Every now and again I wonder how foa is doing.

I don't dwell too much on the good old days anymore though I guess, but it's nice to run into you folks every now and again.

Pike
11-13-2018, 11:57 AM
BlackMage_Nuke seemed a decent sort.

congrats to all the winners of most underrated member

Mr Gashtacular
11-13-2018, 12:41 PM
i miss faris a whole bunch

there's a couple posters i miss from back in the day but honestly i forget their names. i remember their personalities though and they were good ppl

also i lost access to my skype so i lost access to the 2 or 3 eoffers i was talking to on there. bye shaibana :(((((

jenovajunkie
11-16-2018, 04:42 AM
I know no one misses me, I was always on the opposing end of gender discussions. I remember talking about how there is a difference between male and female brains, and I getting almost ostracized by this; ganged up on, lynched, whatever you call it.

Just today I was watching a video on youtube, and this transgender activist is saying there definitely is a male and female brain. This forum, *shakes fist*.

Wow, Pike is still here.

Pumpkin
11-21-2018, 04:33 PM

Hey

Shaun
11-23-2018, 01:13 AM
Just randomly stumbled upon this place again. It's been about ten years since I've logged in (I think), and goodness me, I can't remember writing almost 2000 posts. How embarrassing as most were written when I was an edgy teenager. :p Oh well!

I do have memories, but I can't specifically say who I miss. I remember Bob (obviously), Smittenkitten (who was great fun to talk to on the phone), a girl who stole my name and added an 'A', Anaisa, Badge, Francis (if that was his username), and a few others, but I'm drawing a blank trying to think of their names. Honestly my memory's gone to trout these years so it's nothing personal.

Shauna
11-23-2018, 07:23 AM
:colbert:

Moon Rabbits
11-30-2018, 05:19 AM
I miss Christmas :bigsmile:

Same

Jowy
12-08-2018, 08:20 AM
I miss Clo lots. She's so much fun to talk to / be around.

Doomgaze is very fun to mini golf with and is very fun even though he's a lightweight stoner.

Shorty is a living succubus; avoid at all costs.

Kildarre is very friendly.

I recall Avarice-ness being hot.

Araciel is all married and home ownership and trout currently.

The Man is The Man.

Moon Rabbits is fun to talk to! :)

Spending time with Calliope can be unique; she's very conscious about her area.

Pretty sure Scottie got hit by a truck in my delusional idea mind.

I am sorry I was drunk when I met you, Jojo. Ballard is great and you know I'm right, dammit. Merry Christmas.

Being an @ in #eoff back in the IRC days was pretty fun.

Misfit can also get hit by a bus for being a roastie.

MecaKane was always entertaining, albeit perpetually angry about random things and being usually single while stuck on an island.

Ally is a mediocre roommate but hot damn is she pleasant to spend time with. I'm gonna watch the Super Bowl though, smurf off.

I'm pretty sure I have more answers, but I literally signed up here half of my life ago. People come and go. Adapt and overcome, just never forget the people you love.

Loony BoB
12-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah, Kildarre/Knox! What a legend.

Rainecloud
01-17-2019, 02:49 PM
I miss this place! So many fantastic memories of chatting to fine folks here during my teen years. You chaps and chapettes helped me through so much, and I still think of you all from time to time.

Specifically: Xander, Loony BoB, Cid, Sephiroth1999AD, 'Kishi and Wyllius.

Also "Hi" to anyone that remembers me. I now have a Wife, two boys (15 and 16), a dog, a house and my own printing business. :-D

Loony BoB
01-17-2019, 02:53 PM
who the hell is this *checks* Raincloud guy?

;)

Strider
01-21-2019, 07:37 PM
I wonder what pureghetto is up to these days.

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2019, 02:24 PM
Future Esthar

We didn't deserve FE :(

Shoeberto
01-22-2019, 05:24 PM
man, yeah. He visited me IRL on two different occasions and I've completely lost track of him.

Psychotic
01-22-2019, 05:55 PM
man, yeah. He visited me IRL on two different occasions and I've completely lost track of him.What did he smell like? What did his skin feel like?

Strider
01-25-2019, 09:54 PM
man, yeah. He visited me IRL on two different occasions and I've completely lost track of him.What did he smell like? What did his skin feel like?

I'm sure I gave him a high-five at some point. I'd say his skin felt "regular".

I kinda miss the days when you'd occasionally meet random forum folks and do things like watch the bad Michael Mann Miami Vice movie. Which is exactly what PG and I did.

Scottie
02-03-2019, 01:10 PM
I missing having the time to talk about anything and everything with members old and new.

Shoden
02-04-2019, 04:20 AM
I miss Alive-Man, they used to harass- I MEAN LEAVE BEAUTIFUL, POETIC UTTERANCES in my usernotes for a while after I came back from the realm of purple user titles. Now it's like they're not even alive anymore.
I'll get my coat....

Clouded Sky
02-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Not sure if I can miss anything since I haven't been around. Nice to see Shauna in this thread and assuming she's pretty active by post count.

I was also literally about to type "Do you guys still keep Psy around as well?" before realizing he's a few posts up.

In general, I miss the old days!

Shauna
02-15-2019, 09:57 PM
Can't get rid of us

Denmark
02-16-2019, 11:58 PM
Denmark

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Some names that come to mind from the early days: Kikimm, Little Miss Awesome, Louby_4eva, Yazoo's Queen, Resha, Lord Shishio

There are also members that haven't logged in for years but I still talk to elsewhere:

Agrias, Kamiko, Rikku's_Lover, Zelly Hottie. Even though I talk to them, I feel their absence on the forum at times.

Scruffington
03-19-2019, 10:59 PM
Scruffington. Wonder what that guy's up to these days.

o_O
04-09-2019, 01:11 AM
Hi everyone. How are you all? :kakapo:

Loony BoB
04-09-2019, 08:32 AM
I'M GOOD THANKS MIKEFACE LOVE YOU

DMKA
04-10-2019, 12:21 AM
RSL
HOOTERS
PeeGee
nik0tine
Necronopticous
Leeza
The Abominatrix
Shlupquack
Giga Guess
Dr Unne
Raistlin
fire_of_avalon
kirobato

But most of all I miss ff babe and Kathryn.

SeeDRankLou
04-10-2019, 07:08 AM
I just miss the site in general, it was fun times. I cannot believe it's been 10-11 years since I've been here. I'm playing FFX-2 for PS4 trophies, and I was looking something up online. It linked to this site, where lo and behold, 13 years ago I had answered this question for someone else. Little did I know I was also answering myself in the future.

Names escape me, but I don't remember ever having a bad time on here. I looked through my friend's list, and I do remember fun and funny conversations with eternalshiva, so I'll say her.

Kalevala
04-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Felt a sudden urge to browse the forums after nearly 3 years away, and this is the first thread I see!

I, like quite a few others who have left, miss the forum and chat as a whole. I have quite a few people on Facebook, but there's something especially appealing about the ritual of lurking, posting, etc. I might try to be a bit more active and pop in a few times a week.

Cell
04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
I've somehow been here since 2003 and I don't think I've ever really spoken to anyone.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Felt a sudden urge to browse the forums after nearly 3 years away, and this is the first thread I see!

I, like quite a few others who have left, miss the forum and chat as a whole. I have quite a few people on Facebook, but there's something especially appealing about the ritual of lurking, posting, etc. I might try to be a bit more active and pop in a few times a week.

Missed you, my dude. Never forgot that deep voice lol.

I was mentioning in another thread how even though a lot of us are in touch on social media, newer websites tend to have rapid fire posts that disappear overnight, and with forums it's nice to have a topic for discussion that people can contribute to and build on over a period of weeks.

Kalevala
04-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Missed you, my dude. Never forgot that deep voice lol.

Likewise! 2014 Ciddies was probably some of the most fun I've ever had on the internet.

I was mentioning in another thread how even though a lot of us are in touch on social media, newer websites tend to have rapid fire posts that disappear overnight, and with forums it's nice to have a topic for discussion that people can contribute to and build on over a period of weeks.

That's an interesting way to look at it. Even though message boards have gradually been dwindling, no social media format I know of can handle longform, drawn out discussions like they can. There's also the culture and inside jokes that a community cultivates in this kind of setting that help make it more meaningful or special.

41-Inches-Wide
04-12-2019, 03:52 PM
LOONY BOB

DMKA
04-13-2019, 12:47 AM
I've somehow been here since 2003 and I don't think I've ever really spoken to anyone.
Yeah, judging by your post count you've been more of a lurker, which is cool.

Night Fury
04-14-2019, 01:14 PM
i miss you all!

War Angel
04-16-2019, 09:35 PM
Oh, man. There was a guy here who used to go by "Big D" or something close. He was a real gentleman, despite the nickname. :lol: I think he was from New Zealand. Very intelligent, very cordial and a real devil in debates. We differed greatly in opinions but I recall having lots of respect for him (he was also a good several years older than me - I'm 33 now).

Agrias
06-21-2019, 07:58 PM
Some names that come to mind from the early days: Kikimm, Little Miss Awesome, Louby_4eva, Yazoo's Queen, Resha, Lord Shishio

There are also members that haven't logged in for years but I still talk to elsewhere:

Agrias, Kamiko, Rikku's_Lover, Zelly Hottie. Even though I talk to them, I feel their absence on the forum at times.

HHHIIIIEEEEEEE

I forgot my login literally forever. Thats how old i am.

Dignified Pauper
06-21-2019, 10:43 PM
V Upset I still have not been mentioned here.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-21-2019, 11:49 PM
I miss Dignified Pauper I wonder what they're up to these days.

Dignified Pauper
06-22-2019, 10:28 PM
OMG! HI! HERE I AM! I AM WELL! I OPENED MY OWN BUSINESS AND LIFE IS CRAZY.

CimminyCricket
06-23-2019, 12:42 AM
I wish Dignified Pauper would go away

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-23-2019, 04:35 PM
I wish Dignified Pauper would go away

Dignified Pauper
06-24-2019, 03:51 PM
THIS IS HOMOPHOBIC

Masamunemaster
06-24-2019, 05:46 PM
I miss everyone! I still love this site, and was hoping someone made an app or discord to help keep everyone together. ☹

Karifean
06-24-2019, 07:19 PM
I miss everyone! I still love this site, and was hoping someone made an app or discord to help keep everyone together. ☹

We do actually have a Discord server ^^ Look in the top navigation bar.

Masamunemaster
06-25-2019, 12:14 AM
I tried google earlier today and it brought me to an expired link☹

Sephex
06-25-2019, 03:24 AM
There isn't exactly a who I miss, but a "when" if you want to be specific. Part of it was the early vibe of this place and part of it was also the more wild west nature of the internet. I just remember barley being out of high school and just the novelty of the avatars and signatures was cool. I grew up in that sweet spot where the internet really didn't get truly public until I was a teenager, and I didn't have constant access myself until I was 18. It's hard to explain, but simply seeing everyone express themselves through something like that had this warm feeling back then.

Masamunemaster
06-25-2019, 04:22 AM
I feel we could try to find everyone and bring us all together again. I'll make a post on the fb group in a few.

botnslave
06-25-2019, 05:11 AM
I don't remember why I joined, but I had good interactions here, not too involved, but I remember a few of the forum games, the "get to know an eoffer" I miss scottyffgamer from that, I had a good rapport with him I felt. Life sweeps people away, and things that may have been part of our daily routines may get lost not to be enjoyed again for years if ever remembered or revisited.

Psychotic
06-25-2019, 06:31 PM
OMG! HI! HERE I AM! I AM WELL! I OPENED MY OWN BUSINESS AND LIFE IS CRAZY.What does your business do?

Dignified Pauper
06-25-2019, 07:20 PM
OMG! HI! HERE I AM! I AM WELL! I OPENED MY OWN BUSINESS AND LIFE IS CRAZY.What does your business do?

I do strategy and operations management consulting for small businesses and non-profits.

Christmas
06-30-2019, 02:11 PM
I cannot even remember who I missed! :(

Dignified Pauper
07-05-2019, 12:37 PM

I am taking this personally.

Cuchulainn
07-05-2019, 09:17 PM

narcissist
noun [ C ] /ˈnɑː.sɪ.sɪst/

Heath
07-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Jiro still posts... occasionally!

I miss pretty much everyone, they all get their turn. Lately I have missed Wyllius and Nait. Thankfully, as Jinx said, for the most part I can still contact the people I'm closest to via Facebook, but it's the old chatroom and all the fun we had that I miss most, back when we still had some minor sense of anonymity to our banter.

#eoff was so much fun back in the day. I was thinking about it the other day and remembered that it was about 2003-06 that I was active there, and that's so much longer ago than I realised!

I'm fairly certain I've still got music on my phone which I downloaded via cl_out's playlist script.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-11-2019, 04:22 PM
There isn't exactly a who I miss, but a "when" if you want to be specific. Part of it was the early vibe of this place and part of it was also the more wild west nature of the internet. I just remember barley being out of high school and just the novelty of the avatars and signatures was cool. I grew up in that sweet spot where the internet really didn't get truly public until I was a teenager, and I didn't have constant access myself until I was 18. It's hard to explain, but simply seeing everyone express themselves through something like that had this warm feeling back then.

I can see where you're coming from. There was a lot of developing standards, cultures, customs, and methods of behavior. Email is different from regular mail, a chat room isn't talking to a group of people at a party, forums aren't like chat rooms.

It still continues to change, but experiencing the initial growth of online socializing in so many of its different ways was pretty cool to be a part of.

Mercen-X
07-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Iri Valentine who was for two weeks my "official online girlfriend". We were close enough that she had agreed to the idea if only for her own amusement and we briefly had signature tags that publicly announced our "relationship". This was the first and only time I have ever done anything like this.

black orb... well, as far as I know, I haven't seen his art in a while and it was some good stuff!

Jirito, my best friend if only because she never insisted I pay her for the 12 characters she illustrated for me, none of which I had to beg for. Granted, I'm sure she was just in a mindset of "free art means more practice" and likely had not been charging anyone else for her services either. Still, her art helped me to nurture several ideas I had incubating in the various disjointed corners of my mind and I feel I owe a lot of what I've accomplished to her... I haven't actually accomplished anything.

I don't exactly remember all of the people who participated in the DnDxstyle RPGs written by myself and others, but yes I miss them too, even the ones who had no sense for RPG rules (OOC, ignoring GM, shoving their Mary Sue self-inserts down our throats, etc.)

I also miss myself. After my initial first months on, my behavior had me well on my way to becoming a Cid's Knight, which may very have happened had I openly expressed more interest in having that responsibility. Unfortunately, it's a downfall of my personality that I do not want responsibility when I have to ask for it. If it is simply handed to me, I will do what needs to be done, but asking for responsibility has always left me feeling awkward and paranoid. Anyway, yeah, whatever window existed for any opportunity I might have had to become a CK shriveled and vanished into the void as I eventually began disappearing for greater lengths of time until I just didn't seem to be here at all anymore. Not I interact anywhere else, but for a few years, I simply wasted a lot of my time watching YouTube and reading Wikis.

Loony BoB
07-17-2019, 10:55 AM
I also miss myself. After my initial first months on, my behavior had me well on my way to becoming a Cid's Knight, which may very have happened had I openly expressed more interest in having that responsibility. Unfortunately, it's a downfall of my personality that I do not want responsibility when I have to ask for it. If it is simply handed to me, I will do what needs to be done, but asking for responsibility has always left me feeling awkward and paranoid. Anyway, yeah, whatever window existed for any opportunity I might have had to become a CK shriveled and vanished into the void as I eventually began disappearing for greater lengths of time until I just didn't seem to be here at all anymore. Not I interact anywhere else, but for a few years, I simply wasted a lot of my time watching YouTube and reading Wikis.
I don't think we've ever wanted people to ask to be a CK, and it tends to discourage us from Knighting the person in question if they do... you absolutely do not have to ask for it. We pick out the people as a group on staff, that's always been the way, really. Very few exceptions, all of them being CKs that retired and later asked to rejoin, some of which were approved and some not.

Slothy
07-17-2019, 09:13 PM
I kind of miss SeasideArms. No matter what else the forum was pretty busy for a short period of time.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Iri Valentine who was for two weeks my "official online girlfriend". We were close enough that she had agreed to the idea if only for her own amusement and we briefly had signature tags that publicly announced our "relationship". This was the first and only time I have ever done anything like this.

You and every other guy on here, brother.

Back in those days Iri Valentine was essentially a troll account for her and a friend to mess with people.

She eventually came clean and her last few active months here were the genuine thoughts and feelings of a real person.

FFNut
07-28-2019, 08:53 AM
I miss coming to to forum in general. Always someone to chat with that made my day.

Ayen
07-28-2019, 03:19 PM
I just missed the site in general.

Dignified Pauper
07-29-2019, 03:24 PM

narcissist
noun [ C ] /ˈnɑː.sɪ.sɪst/

HOW VERY DARE YOU!

Mercen-X
08-01-2019, 01:56 AM

You and every other guy on here, brother.

Back in those days Iri Valentine was essentially a troll account for her and a friend to mess with people.

She eventually came clean and her last few active months here were the genuine thoughts and feelings of a real person.

Wish I could've been here for that... I'm so disillusioned :roll2

chionos
08-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Calliope and eestlinc. All the people.

Del Murder
08-17-2019, 05:30 AM
I had lunch with Calliope today. :smug:

Relena Peacecraft
08-17-2019, 05:32 AM
Except for my first three months here, I was never much of a forum person, but there are countless people I had tons of fun with in chat. So many I probably couldn't name most of them off the top of my head. Also plenty of people I regret not keeping in contact with, but I suppose that's just typical of life in general.

zorander
08-18-2019, 05:53 PM
I miss the days when I was active in this forum. Alas, different person, different times.

Chemical
08-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Hard to believe my peak activity was 20 years ago!

I miss the community. And gaming. I still play games (largely board games and I am now a Dungeon Master!) but it would probably shock some techies to find out I still run a ZSNES modulator on an HP mini 110 (c.2009) with Windows 7... I recently received a threat cleverly disguised as an “update” suggesting all support from Microsoft would soon be terminated.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-19-2019, 09:43 PM
I miss :goomba:

Shadowdust
09-23-2019, 05:15 AM
Man, I miss a lot of people. I regret having not been more active on here through the years like I was in the first few. I made a few friends here that I unfortunately have lost contact with.

Squally Leonharty and DK are by far the ones I miss most though. I spent a lot of time chatting with both on Yahoo Messenger back then. Dan (DK) always had me laughing and usually at Laurens (Squally) expense. I'm kind of glad I don't ever clean my hard drive storage because I can still laugh at the infamous Squally dance that Dan was so kind to upload and eventually morphed into several remixes, lol!

There a lot of other people I miss too. Unne was one of the guys I respected most on this forum. We had differing views on some things but I always appreciated that his threads came from more of a place of trying to understand others more than just jumping on his soapbox and spouting his own ideas. EOEO was never better than when he was posting there.

There's a bunch of others here too that I miss but considering I've written a two paragraphs for three people, I would most likely have a book at the end of this post.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-05-2019, 05:20 PM
nik0tine

he laughed at a random post i made about mental health that ended in a Labyrinth scene voiced in Dark Knight batman speak