PDA

View Full Version : Comic Books

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2018, 10:14 PM
So I've been in a bit of a comic book mood lately thanks to a coworker and I trying to make our own book. It got me going through my old collection which ended up really surprising me because I was unaware of some of the weird stuff I accumulated thanks to those 20 books for $20 deals. I ended up with a more eclectic collection than I thought, though it is quite smaller than I remember it being.

I've also been catching up on some old-timey classics that I missed out on like finally reading V for Vendetta and The Killing Joke.

For those wondering, I was a hardcore X-Men fan who got into the franchise thanks to the awesome 90s cartoon show. Most of my collection involve the X-Books. What did other people collect? Who are your favorite heroes? Favorite story overall?

Scotty_ffgamer
09-24-2018, 02:19 AM
I’ve been thinking about starting up Marvel Unlimited again since Spider-Man PS4 came with a free month code. It’s just really daunting to know what to read or where to start. Last time I had it I was just reading the Ultimate universe stuff since it was somewhat more self contained with a beginning and end.

Anyways, I don’t really have a lot of comics myself. I have the Locke and Key series which I liked quite a bit. I also have Kingdom Come from DCs stuff. I thought I had the graphic novels Marvels and Red Son, but in the end i think those were my roommate’s in college. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim alright. I also borrowed Bone once, and that may be my favorite comic I’ve read.

Spider-Man and Batman would have been what I collected as a kid if I ever got comics. I was just satisfied watching the cartoons back then, though.

Christmas
03-12-2023, 02:26 PM
READ IT ONLINE FOR FREE!!

Dr. Acula
03-13-2023, 09:35 AM
I only got into comic books very recently, when an old work colleague gifted me a copy of DIE, a comic about a group of people who were sucked into the world a Dungeons & Dragons-esque tabletop game and have to reflect on their trauma 20 years later. It has an excellent, though rather dark, story and the art style is incredible.