PDA

View Full Version : Best Non- Square Enix JRPG Comp. Round 8 !

maybee
09-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Covenant
OR

Chronicles ?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8xtMnzk8I9Q/hqdefault.jpg

Shadow Hearts

VS

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/122387_3ds_xenobladechronicles3d_image150203_1018_001.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C386
Xenoblade Chronicles

Closes in 24 hours

Vermachtnis
09-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Shadow Hearts holds a special place in my heart. I remember this one boss, while he was going on about something, the party was talking about this cushion he was setting on. Cracked me up.

WarZidane
09-28-2018, 03:53 PM
Despite the poll itself not mentioning it, I assume this is Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant, since that's what the post says :p

Anyway, Shadow Hearts: Covenant. One of my favorite PS2 RPGs. I like Xenoblade Chronicles, but I feel like it's bloated with too much filler, which detracted from it to the point that I never actually finished the game.

Jinx
09-28-2018, 05:53 PM
Shadow Hearts: Covenant is one of my favorite games of all time. It's so fucking great. The music, the locations, just gorgeous. The story is beautiful too. Also, how they take a fairly serious story (fuck, Anastasia is one of your party members, and we all know how that ended) and adds such stupid, hilarious stuff into it. I genuinely love the shit out of this game and stan for it so hard.

Also, collecting the crests just to do the Solomon Key puzzle is crazy hella fun. I don't know why.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-29-2018, 12:53 AM
I’ve always wanted to play shadow hearts covenant. I’ll have to pick it up one of these days.

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2018, 05:40 AM
A little one sided here. I never got far into Shadow Hearts 1, let alone play the sequel. I do want to try again, it was just me trying to play it at a rough time and sort of forgetting about it. Xenoblade is a pretty snazzy game though that did a lot of things right and proved to people Monolith Soft can make games that are not just 80% cutscenes, so that' groovy. It also has one of the coolest world designs I've seen out of the genre in a long time.

Jinx
09-29-2018, 12:21 PM
A little one sided here. I never got far into Shadow Hearts 1, let alone play the sequel. I do want to try again, it was just me trying to play it at a rough time and sort of forgetting about it. Xenoblade is a pretty snazzy game though that did a lot of things right and proved to people Monolith Soft can make games that are not just 80% cutscenes, so that' groovy. It also has one of the coolest world designs I've seen out of the genre in a long time.

the first game hasn't aged well, just play covenant

Vermachtnis
09-29-2018, 07:48 PM

the first game hasn't aged well, just play covenant

What are you talking about? Hasn't aged well.

SHLOOOP
cl6Zo2dFqyc

Chibi Youkai
10-01-2018, 05:13 AM
Shadow Hearts Covenant. Hands down. It had a great story, great characters, and a fairly unique battle system. Also, was probably one of the longest PS2 games to come out. Spent so many hours on that game. Also, I leave for a few days, and miss most of this, lol. Oh well.

Fynn
10-01-2018, 06:00 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles is such an important game to me that I don’t even know where to begin.

maybee
10-01-2018, 06:12 AM
Another draw. That means that Xenoblade is through, as I voted for Shadows.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.technobuffalo.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F01%2FShadow-Hearts-Covenant-630x385.jpg&f=1

*CLOSED*

Jinx
10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
BUT CHIBI YOUKAI CAME IN AND TIE-BROKE D: