PDA

View Full Version : Taps

Galuf
10-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Weird, i know, but have you ever wondered like me about how taps work?
They are really confusing. At first i thought maybe there's water in the taps that come out when you twist them, but i don't think that's it. I just don't know how these gravity defying beasts work... I'd ask if anyone here knew but... It's obvious there's no answer

Shauna
10-03-2018, 04:39 PM
taps aff

Slothy
10-03-2018, 07:50 PM
I just don't know how these gravity defying beasts work...

I can't claim to be an expert on plumbing, but it's been my understanding that when it comes to the question of how plumbing works, the answer is frequently gravity.

crashNUMBERS
10-03-2018, 11:22 PM
coming into this conversation with the mindset: “oh! my brother brews beer. maybe I can help” but leaving with “oh..”

Galuf
10-04-2018, 12:26 AM
coming into this conversation with the mindset: “oh! my brother brews beer. maybe I can help” but leaving with “oh..”
I mean i legit dunno how they work. Just thought id make it sound dumb and goofy as i usually do with things lol

Mr Gashtacular
10-04-2018, 10:53 AM
when you turn the tap it opens a little door and the water is happy to be free and comes out to see you

Galuf
10-04-2018, 01:27 PM
when you turn the tap it opens a little door and the water is happy to be free and comes out to see you

Damn thats scary. Gonna have waterophobia now!

Skyblade
10-04-2018, 06:10 PM
The tap is a valve. The pipes are filled with water under pressure. Opening the valve releases the pressure and allows the water to flow to you. Pumps in the distribution centers ensure that more water flows in to replace that which you remove, and keep the pressure at the proper level.

The reason it takes hot water a while to get hot is that while the water heater may have hot water stored, the pipes themselves are not heated, so the colder water must be flushed out first.

Galuf
10-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Ooft thank you mr skyblade. now i will have to think about something else when im in the bath.

Rocket Edge
10-12-2018, 02:46 PM
What about those push down taps when they won't spring back up and WONT STOP FLOWING WITH WATER. And then you're drowned and miserable. Tragic.