PDA

View Full Version : Unsolved Mysteries

Wolf Kanno
10-06-2018, 07:16 PM
Games have become a story telling medium since the late 90s, and due to the youthful nature of the medium, some things fall into the cracks. Little story plots or side elements that beg questions from the player. So what are some of the unsolved mysteries that you would like to know the answer to?

Jinx
10-06-2018, 07:23 PM
HOW THE HECK DO I REVIVE AERIS

Rez09
10-07-2018, 04:38 AM
A looooooong time ago there was a mystery involving Tales of Destiny on the PS1, in particular a bizzare trigger no one understood in the final dungeon and a chunk of dialog about 'saving the boy' or something similar, this in a game where a generally popular male character kicks the bucket. There were a fair number of people poking around trying to figure out what this was about and the mystery kind of deepened when people figured out the main character's sister WAS a fully playable character, just for some reason completely inaccessible. I don't really know what came from all of this, since it was well over a decade ago I last looked into it, but it was a cool mystery at the time all the same.

maybee
10-07-2018, 11:19 AM
HOW THE HECK DO I REVIVE AERIS

You need to go back to Aeris's house and head back to her room and sleep there, Cloud will use the "tissues " that he got from the Gold Saucer and cry. Cloud will say that he wants Aeris back. Go and level up the Revive Materia to full and head back to Midgar and head back to Aeris's church. You will see Aeris's ghost there. Head into the menu and press on the Revive Materia. Aeris is alive again, but she doesn't remember who you are or what happened. You need to find Zack's ghost. To find Zack's ghost, you need to make a "Rainbow Chocobo ", a Rainbow Chocobo can be made by breeding a Gold Chocobo with the full Revive Materia. A Rainbow Chocobo should be born. Fly the Rainbow Chocobo near Kalm and a try and trigger a battle. Zack will see the Rainbow Chocobo. Cloud will tell Zack to touch the Rainbow Chocobo with him. Zack is back to life. A hidden cutscene will play with Cloud and Zack both smiling happily on the Rainbow Chocobo.

Cloud tries to trigger back Aeris's memories with Zack, but he fails too. Aeris steals the Rainbow Chocobo and flies off to the sky.

Head back to Aeris's room and sleep there again, Cloud will use up all his tissues. Zack will knock on the door and asks to join your party instead. If you say yes, Zack will join. If you say no, Zack will be later seen fighting Aeris for the Rainbow Chocobo near the Gold Saucer. Aeris kicks Zack in the balls, kicking Zack again, and runs off with the Chocobo.

Wolf Kanno
10-07-2018, 07:23 PM
A looooooong time ago there was a mystery involving Tales of Destiny on the PS1, in particular a bizzare trigger no one understood in the final dungeon and a chunk of dialog about 'saving the boy' or something similar, this in a game where a generally popular male character kicks the bucket. There were a fair number of people poking around trying to figure out what this was about and the mystery kind of deepened when people figured out the main character's sister WAS a fully playable character, just for some reason completely inaccessible. I don't really know what came from all of this, since it was well over a decade ago I last looked into it, but it was a cool mystery at the time all the same.

From what I can tell. it's likely either a mistranslation since the original had a really rushed and lobotomized translation, or it's a leftover from the main script that was not cut when they made some of the changes.

Vyk
10-14-2018, 06:52 PM
There are some fascinating deep dives into missing colossi in Shadow of the Colossus, you can watch videos on YouTube or read the dozens of forum posts over the course of a decade or so of research. People were dedicated and diligent about it for some reason