PDA

View Full Version : Creepiest locations in Final Fantasy

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Since it's Halloween season, let's discuss the spooky side of Final Fantasy. What do you feel are some of creepiest locations in the FF franchise?

Rez09
10-11-2018, 06:42 AM
Underwater in FF7; that music is creepy as all hell and there's a big green monster floating about.

Mr Gashtacular
10-11-2018, 09:43 AM
This is a tough one. I don't think there were many places that gave me chills or made me scared in any way.

I think Burmecia is a close one, but maybe its more sad and desolate.

Kuja's palace is more creepy when you think about him traipsing around in his thong reading books by candlelight, but otherwise not so much.

Ultimecia Castle maybe? They tried, at least.

Wait, the most creepy place by far is the hotel at the gold saucer

Vermachtnis
10-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Tam Tara Deepcraft Hard.

Even during the first visit it's no fun. It's overun with zombies and spiders and spirits and the boss is the Lovecraftian Piscodemon. Before you cleared it, another adventuring party didn't have such good luck. This healer got her tank killed and is carrying around his head. Fast forward to the post game and one of the other members of that party has gone missing and the last one asked you to find her. So you go back into Tam Tara. The first boss is the missing member. She's dead and controlling a hoard of zombies. The second boss of the dungeon is simply called Spare Body. It's creepy. Then you get to final boss. That healer has gone off the deep end and that head she's carrying morphed into this flying abomination that you have to kill and the whole time, she's laughing.

And then after the boss, she falls off a cliff. Smiling as she falls. Then while you're talking to the one remaining party member this image flashes like something from a survival horror game.
https://i.imgur.com/r6kjLSJ.png

Here's the BGM for the dungeon.
OYWMNUGLnqs

It's been like three years and it's still my favorite dungeon.

Fynn
10-11-2018, 10:34 AM
XII has some spooky locations, I’d say. Mostly because of all the stuff ready to murder you if you go in unprepared. The Feywood theme still gives me shivers for that reason.

Though I can’t really think of a place that caught me off guard with its creepiness right now. I might come back here later once I figure out what it is.

EDIT: Wait! I got two! Exdeath’s castle in FFV suddenly turning fleshy and stuff was really unexpected and that made it very unsettling. And then there’s the trail of blood sequence in FFVII which is one of my favorite moments in the game

Jinx
10-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Underwater in FF7; that music is creepy as all hell and there's a big green monster floating about.

Oh shit, yeah. This one, for sure.

Lord Golbez
10-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Shinra mansion in FF7
Ghost train in FF6
Cid the Ghost in FF3!!! Spooky!

maybee
10-11-2018, 03:43 PM
https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-V-Advance-(by-Dr-Pepper)/Update%2027/2-FF5UpdateFourteen02.png

W H A T T H E * U C K I S T H I S P L A C E ?

Jinx
10-11-2018, 04:01 PM
psychotic's mind

crashNUMBERS
10-11-2018, 08:37 PM
https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-V-Advance-(by-Dr-Pepper)/Update%2027/2-FF5UpdateFourteen02.png

W H A T T H E * U C K I S T H I S P L A C E ?
yes. this design was sick (as in cool) though. we need more satanic imagery in FF

MJN SEIFER
10-12-2018, 01:34 PM
It would be interesting if they pulled something like Exdeath's castle in one of the later games, with more modern graphics.

maybee
10-12-2018, 08:03 PM
It would be interesting if they pulled something like Exdeath's castle in one of the later games, with more modern graphics.

:stare:

Psychotic
10-12-2018, 08:56 PM
psychotic's mind5 years ago maybe, I got old and boring.

V's ship graveyard and VII's train graveyard are spooky delights. And dat phantom train tho.

Mr Gashtacular
10-13-2018, 10:05 AM
And then there’s the trail of blood sequence in FFVII which is one of my favorite moments in the game

Can't believe I forgot this one - this would be it for me.

Galuf
10-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Yeah exdeaths castle was just cool when I didnt realize what the design was. But when I did it got awesome.

not too sure of creepy locations since none really creep me out, some like the aforementioned underwater from ff7 are more sad to me. Although I do think the crashed gelnika is creepy, and the northern crater in disc 2 with the wind and lightning. Also I found the Fanatics tower in ff6 kinda creepy too, but now its more a feeling of revenge agajnst the magimaster for what he did on my first playthrough.

Vyk
10-14-2018, 12:33 AM
And then there’s the trail of blood sequence in FFVII which is one of my favorite moments in the game

Ghost train in FF6
I can still vividly remember how compelling these scenes were because of their atmospheres

I'm going to throw out Xenogears since its a Square property, and aside from all the deep diving into psychosis and stuff, which has great imagery and creep factors, one of the most compellingly creepy places in that game for me was some meat factory. Soylent Green is people