PDA

View Full Version : When a minor character is your favorite character in a movie or show

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-19-2018, 05:24 PM
Why do you think that is?

i.e. When someone's favorite Star Wars character is Greedo.

On paper there's nothing about their motivations, accomplishments, or screen time that would lean them to someone's favor. Maybe not even a memorable line. And yet sometimes a minor character in a show will become your favorite character.

Jinx
10-19-2018, 06:23 PM
I think it can be easier for us to identify with the smaller folks, sense so few of us get to go on intergalactic adventures.

Mr. Carnelian
10-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Like Jinx says, minor characters can be more relateable. For example, I might well feel more affinity with a minor gay character (as they often are) than for the main character.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-20-2018, 08:05 AM
I think something else that might play into it is not wanting to have the same favorite character as everyone else, consciously or not, which would set you apart from a casual fan and make you more interesting to talk to about a subject.

Galuf
10-20-2018, 11:56 AM
I think something else that might play into it is not wanting to have the same favorite character as everyone else, consciously or not, which would set you apart from a casual fan and make you more interesting to talk to about a subject.
Thats until that minor character becomes a meme and suddenly its everyones favourite lol

Spuuky
10-21-2018, 03:37 AM
This is probably how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSv4wrd7AUQ

Lord Golbez
10-22-2018, 09:42 PM
It means they like shooting first or not shooting first. There are literally no other reasons to have Greedo as a favorite character.

Vyk
10-24-2018, 06:21 PM
Thats until that minor character becomes a meme and suddenly its everyones favourite lol

My cabbages!

Psychotic
10-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Madril is the best character in LotR and his death at the hands of Gothmog in RotK is the thematic low point of the trilogy. If you disagree you don't understand cinema please be quiet.

(Although if you think Gamling is the best instead then you're ok I guess)

Rez09
10-26-2018, 09:31 PM
It's hard for me to think of examples of this, but the ones that do come to mind often deal with comedy surrounding them or something about them striking me as interesting and unnoticed by most people. So, comedy and elitism, maybe? I dunno. Gotta get my OG cred for noticing Tarkin was awesome in the original Star Wars before everyone else, yo.

Seriously though, I love Cushing's look in that film, so good.