PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite holiday?

Freya
11-05-2018, 06:35 PM
I love Halloween myself. I just love how you see all these really excitable people so proud of their outfits and just having a fun time with candy and safely spooking each other. It's a fun one.

I also love the decorations that come with Christmas but I think it's encroaching too many other holidays. Some crazy people, *cough* Jinx *cough* want to ignore all the other holidays and just celebrate it. I saw things in August! AUGUST! That's still summer!

Galuf
11-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Im a firm believer that holidays should be a month thing not a year thing. it detracts from the whole experience and makes otherwise non carers even less carey.

As for my favourite holiday? Halloween yeah, because its at the best time of year and its not overblown to hell in shops and stuff at other times of the year. Its humble. Shout out to easter for being the ugly step child to christmas apparantly.

Dignified Pauper
11-10-2018, 05:16 AM
Christmas Day, but also Spring Christmas - otherwise called Easter, and then there's late spring Memorial Christmas Day, then Christmas in July, then Labor of Christmas Love Day in September, then the first Christmas Holiday - Thanksgiving, followed by CHRISTMAS!

Freya
11-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Christmas Day, but also Spring Christmas - otherwise called Easter, and then there's late spring Memorial Christmas Day, then Christmas in July, then Labor of Christmas Love Day in September, then the first Christmas Holiday - Thanksgiving, followed by CHRISTMAS!

Why are you this way?

Spuuky
11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Chinese New Year. Best food, best decorations.

nirojan
11-11-2018, 03:36 AM
Christmas...because
*starts singing*
It’s the most wonderful time of the yeaaar

:erm::erm::erm:

I’ll see myself out

Dignified Pauper
11-11-2018, 05:05 AM

Why are you this way?

Why am I what way?

Scotty_ffgamer
11-11-2018, 07:24 PM
I'd say Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I've always enjoyed scary stuff, whether it be scary movies, games, books, or just going out into the woods in the middle of the night with the intention of being creeped out with friends. All of this was particularly fun in college since all of my roommates would get really into it for the entire month of October.

As an added bonus, it's basically the only holiday where my family doesn't expect to see me. That's not to say I don't like seeing my family, but other holidays like Christmas get really tiring when it gets really busy at work, and any day off I have have to be spent going around between my side of the family and my wife's side. I always enjoy seeing family and eating the food though, so I can't complain too much.

Lord Golbez
11-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Christmas is both my most favorite and least favorite holiday. Most favorite because it's awesome. Least favorite because it's the most demanding on time and energy and most other holidays you can ignore or participate in to whatever degree you wish.

Galuf
11-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Christmas is both my most favorite and least favorite holiday. Most favorite because it's awesome. Least favorite because it's the most demanding on time and energy and most other holidays you can ignore or participate in to whatever degree you wish.
Holy trout this guy gets it! Christmas is fun and all but its damn stressful and thats not really fun, none of the other holidays stress me out except chirstmas because no one expects you to do anything for the others.

Vasher
12-01-2018, 08:39 AM
...then the first Christmas Holiday -“Pre-Christmas” otherwise known as “Thanks-For-giving-us-Christmas”, followed by CHRISTMAS!

Fixed.

Bri
12-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Halloween is my favorite

Wolf Kanno
12-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Halloween and Christmas

Fynn
12-03-2018, 05:16 AM
Halloween and Christmas

Same. Though Easter is pretty fun as well

Aulayna
12-04-2018, 12:35 AM
Brewfest, Hallow's End, and Feast of Winter Veil.

Pilgrim's Bounty though? No thanks.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
01-14-2019, 03:00 AM
Halloween :lol:

Bubba
04-21-2019, 11:42 AM
I do love Christmas. Seeing family and friends, being merry and also my son’s face on Christmas morning. I also love educating whinging Christians that the origins of Christmas and its traditions have nothing to do with Christianity :)

Jiro
04-23-2019, 05:13 AM
Easter is great because I get days off without any real obligation to spend time with anybody else. It's actually time to recharge. Of course, this Easter I decided to paralyse myself so things haven't gone to plan.

Cell
04-26-2019, 01:43 PM
I most just feel the same way through most of them, they're aight not much more. As I'm a Scot I'll go for Hogmanay as it's a huge booze up.