PDA

View Full Version : Square-Enix's Best Non-FF Game Finals: Storytelling Round

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2018, 03:19 AM
In this round, vote for which game you felt had the strongest plot and cast of characters including villains. Which game was your favorite as a storytelling medium.

VS.

VS.

Vermachtnis
12-14-2018, 03:43 AM
Trigger has my favorite cast of characters from any game. And while I love the episodic feel of DQVII and the story of Xenogears is fantastic. Chrono Trigger is a time travel story done more or less right. Without being too bogged down. And there's that one side quest where this guy was being a jerk, so we went back and were nice to his ancestors and he was nice in the present.

Lord Golbez
12-14-2018, 08:58 AM
To me this one is a very clear victory for Xenogears and the reason I would choose Xenogears over CT overall. Don't get me wrong, CT has a fun plot and it's well told, but there's no real comparison between CT and the depth of the story in Xenogears, the history of its world, and well developed characters. It's just on a completely different tier of storytelling. Then there's DQ7. It does it's job but it's not even on the level of Chrono Trigger, let alone Xebogears.

WarZidane
12-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Absolutely definitely most certainly 100% Xenogears.

Fynn
12-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Absolutely definitely most certainly 100% Xenogears.