PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Resolutions 2019

Wolf Kanno
12-31-2018, 10:19 AM
New year is coming and I'm curious if people have any gaming resolutions next year? Going to try to eat into that deficit? Plan on buying a new console or upgrading your PC to a state-of-the-art gaming machine? Going to try and get back into a genre you haven't played in awhile? Maybe marathon an old series you love? Any gaming plans for 2019?

MJN SEIFER
12-31-2018, 10:59 AM
Do some gaming videos for YouTube, if that counts? One of my resolutions in general is to work harder at being a YouTuber in general.

Fynn
12-31-2018, 11:21 AM
Try to play less, actually.

Fox
12-31-2018, 12:30 PM
- Continue catching up on some of the million games I have on my backlog.
- Try not to buy too many games that I am not going to play for years.
- Make significant progress on the game I am making.

Sarisa
01-02-2019, 04:21 AM
Try to make a dent in my backlog of unfinished games. I've got some FF titles to get through including the XIII saga, VI, and and the last legs of Tactics and VIII. I have some Tales titles in Zestiria and Symphonia 2 as well as Destiny and Eternia. I've got some visual novels to finish up including Stein's Gate, Danaganronpa, and Tokyo Dark; the latter which actually was published by Square Enix. And finally some miscellaneous games including LoZ a Link to the Past, Betrayer in my steam library, and Teen Titans 2 for the GBA. It's just so hard for me to go back and finish old console games when I can play new shiny things on my PC.

Vermachtnis
01-02-2019, 05:57 AM
I almost finished my resolution from last year. I wanted to get my trophies per day into the positive. I got to 0.99. Not too bad from the 0.68 I started the year with.

I have the same resolution I had last year and the year before. Have my finished game to new game ratio be in the positive. I did that last year too, I finished with a +1. A huge improvement over the -9 of 2017. And I want to work on my getting my trophy completion to 50%. Which falls under the umbrella of finishing games.

Lord Golbez
01-02-2019, 07:00 PM
That's not how ratios work....

Spuuky
01-03-2019, 01:11 AM
Well, +1 is a ratio of x+1:x, which is a positive number. So I disagree.

Lord Golbez
01-03-2019, 04:09 AM
Alright, if you're going to split hairs, then I guess I'm going to have to get more specific about it. :p You can't have a negative ratio of finished games to new games unless at least one of finished games or new games itself can be negative. So unless you've found a way to unplay games, I don't think you ever have to worry about a ratio of -9.

Also, I guess more fundamentally, no it isn't. A ratio of +1 only exists when the two quantities are equal. x+1 is definitely not equal to x.

Fynn
01-03-2019, 05:56 AM
What a fun thread

Lord Golbez
01-03-2019, 06:25 AM
Good, because now I'm going to teach you how to solve a partial differential equation using separation of variables. Now, suppose that one variable is new games and another variable is finished games.

Karifean
01-03-2019, 10:19 AM
It was a fun thread while it was about Gaming Resolutions 2019.

Speaking of which, I hope to catch up on some of the things on my backlog and actually finish some games I'd been wanting to for a while now. There's other things I'd like to devote time to as well, but we'll see.

Psychotic
01-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Witcher 3, FFX and FFXII Zodiac Age. I own all of these games and note that I also intended to play these in 2018...

As I now have a switch, Breath of the Wild is now on the radar.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Spiderman are new entrants to the list. I don't own them yet though!

Spuuky
01-03-2019, 10:42 PM
I can't answer about my new year's resolutions because the new year starts in February.

Fynn
01-04-2019, 10:37 AM
You can still think about your resolutions

Mr Gashtacular
01-04-2019, 10:53 AM
quality of posting in this thread is off the charts

resolution: maybe get a ps4 finally and play a couple games i want to play there.
resolution: dont re-play any FF this year; only play FF i havent played before (or at least complete an FF i havent completed before)

Aulayna
01-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Go another year without pre-ordering/pre-purchasing anything.

Levian
01-06-2019, 07:20 PM
My resolution is to do whatever the smurf I want. Yes, that's how punk I am. Being a completionist is in my blood, but games are too large these days so I'll end up not wanting to game at all if I try to ~100% everything. I've come to realize that I should just play what I want when I want it and not beat myself up over not finishing up sidequests after doing the main story.

Of course, I intend to fail this resolution as soon as possible. I have an urge to complete every storyline in Detroit: Become Human and it's going to destroy me as a human being but I'll probably do it anyway.

WarZidane
01-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Actually get beyond the chapter 1s in Octopath Traveler and preferably finish it too.

Besides that..nothing really when it comes to playing games, sure there's a giant unfinished backlog but most of them i have no intention of going back to, rather spend my time elsewhere.

Maybe actually get started on making a game of my own. :p