PDA

View Full Version : [KH] Will you be mad if????

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-23-2019, 06:36 PM
I'm kind of nervous because I haven't seen anything about any Final Fantasy characters in KH3. I would be disappointed if they arent in it. I've watched alot of the leaked footage and such and there seems to be no indication of them being in it or even the Radiant Garden world.

Fynn
01-23-2019, 06:59 PM
Don’t care at this point tbh. They’ve long since lost their relevance in this universe.

Shauna
01-23-2019, 07:02 PM
I care not a single jot.

Vermachtnis
01-23-2019, 07:11 PM
I want to know what happened to Zach. He showed up in Hercules World in BBS and then vanished.

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2019, 07:33 PM
Don't care, they haven't been relevant since the first game. Not to mention that the only characters I imagine showing up besides the old standbys would be Lightning and Noctis. Considering how underwhelming all of their cameos have been, I'm not going to miss having them never appear again in the series.

WarZidane
01-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Don't really care. They worked as supporting cast in 1 and 2 because KH was still new and had few characters of its own, but now that there are a bunch of original characters, they've outlived their purpose, and I'd rather not have cameos and FF fanservice take screen time away from KH characters.

The Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden world has also been in what, every single KH game so far? I'm okay with taking a break from that world at this point.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-24-2019, 04:01 AM
I’d kind of like the hollow bastion crew to still exist, but even then I wouldn’t care too much. I’d accept a moomba appearance though.

Lord Golbez
01-24-2019, 04:47 AM
I'll be mad if there's no Darkwing Duck. Which I know there isn't, so I'm already mad.

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Oh, as if they're not going to be in it. I will resign my EoFF Adminship if Lightning is not in this game.

Fynn
01-24-2019, 08:16 AM
It was nice knowing you.

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 11:15 AM
It was nice knowing you.Confident, eh? Alright, let's get you some skin in the game! After the game is out I'm going to try to change your user name to something of my choosing for a week. We shall see if I have the power to do so.

Fynn
01-24-2019, 11:55 AM
To quote the Master of Masters: “Nah, not possible.”

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 02:17 PM
what do you know that I don't

Fynn
01-24-2019, 02:25 PM
You’ll see ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-24-2019, 02:32 PM
The Hallow Bastion arc and Auron's arc closed up nicely, so it wouldn't be a big disappointment. But I wouldn't mind seeing them again all the same.

Vermachtnis
01-24-2019, 05:18 PM
The trophy list is out and there's nothing for Radiant Garden/Hallow Bastion.

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 05:40 PM
The trophy list is out and there's nothing for Radiant Garden/Hallow Bastion.OH NO!!!

maybee
01-24-2019, 06:14 PM
Never enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts versions of Final Fantasy characters, so yeah, Team No Care.

The only one that was really enjoyable was Auron.

Fynn
01-24-2019, 06:20 PM
The trophy list is out and there's nothing for Radiant Garden/Hallow Bastion.OH NO!!!

Honestly, though, the Radiant Garden arc is complete so I’m glad Nomura didn’t choose to go the pandering route with this this time around

Aulayna
01-24-2019, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't lose any sleep if there wasn't a single FF character.

Wolf Kanno
01-24-2019, 07:46 PM
We still have a Hercules world, and with the exception of 358/2, Hades gimmick is always to send an FF character there. I imagine if we keep the trope alive, it will be Lightning chosen to face Sora and Hercules. I'm sure we'll get a few FF characters, and I'm sure they'll be as relevant as they've always been.

Fynn
01-24-2019, 07:49 PM
Are you sure though?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wolf Kanno
01-24-2019, 07:54 PM
Perhaps not that we'll follow this scenario again, but I'm pretty confidant Lightning will show up in the game in some shape or form.

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 08:05 PM

Honestly, though, the Radiant Garden arc is complete so I’m glad Nomura didn’t choose to go the pandering route with this this time aroundI do agree here. I don't need more of Cloud brooding around before he has a flashy battle cutscene with Sephiroth which ends in a tie because ooooooooh so powerful and coooooooooool.

Anyway I have every confidence that Larxene will use the word "Lightning" in the game.

Fynn
01-24-2019, 08:56 PM
That doesn't count and you know it. I am waiting for you to give up your mantle once the game premieres.

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 09:36 PM
Maybe I'll make my last act punishing you for spoilers. ;)

Or telling you about how great the Lightning McQueen summon is.

Fynn
01-24-2019, 09:40 PM
Is he though?

And honestly, what spoilers? Do you honestly think they’d put her in there and not market her to hell and back?

Psychotic
01-24-2019, 09:49 PM
The JP version of the game is out. I know the truth, Fynn. Lightning Farron is coming. You better believe it. 12½ more years of Psychotic on staff.

Loony BoB
01-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Psy can you please stop gambling your admin status at EoFF I don't want to have to get another person in to do all the grunt work. :mad2:

Psychotic
01-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Psy can you please stop gambling your admin status at EoFF I don't want to have to get another person in to do all the grunt work. :mad2:I have bad news dude I think I'm actually going to lose this bet. Fynn knows the mind of Nomura like no other. If he says she's out, she's out.

Loony BoB
01-25-2019, 03:21 PM
What if she appears in DLC? Does that count?

And you can retire and then immediately come out of retirement. If Paul Scholes can do it anyone can.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Only if it causes another Admin thunderdome scenario.

Psychotic
01-25-2019, 04:24 PM
If she's in DLC I get to ban Fynn.

Fynn
01-25-2019, 04:24 PM
Oh please, Paul. You know you’d miss me.

I trust Psy will be more careful with his admin title next time. Staff membership isn’t always easy to get back ;)

Psychotic
01-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Ooh Fynn no he di'n't!

Anyway the answer to this question is available with a quick Google search now that it's out in Japan. If you're curious and lazy, here are all the Final Fantasy characters in KH3:

Moogles. That's literally it.

So yeah, no Lightning, no broody Cloud, no YRP summon, nothing. So I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Goodbye.

Fynn
01-25-2019, 06:12 PM
the game actually leaked in December. You could’ve googled that earlier

Anyways, Moogles at this point are as much an FF thing as they are a KH thing, so I don’t think they count as cameos anymore

maybee
01-27-2019, 04:41 AM
I watched somebody play the Hercules world on Twitch and

You see statues of Auron and KH Cloud for a second, before Hades destroys them lol

Loony BoB
01-28-2019, 07:20 PM
Anyways, Moogles at this point are as much an FF thing as they are a KH thing, so I don’t think they count as cameos anymore
That's like saying Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are just as much a KH thing as they are a Disney thing.

EDIT: My thoughts on the actual topic at hand: If they aren't going to include Final Fantasy characters, at least that's one fewer series I have to bother getting into. I was legit considering buying the series and playing them through after FFIII and FFIV so I could catch up on it and then enjoy all the FF in the latest game but now that's out the window. :shobon:

Fynn
01-28-2019, 07:56 PM
Since they've been in the series for so long and have a role that is completely distinct and disconnected that anything that has been done with them in the FF series - and, consequently, many fans who have only played KH may view moogles as a strictly KH thing, as they're not really treated like an FF cameo in it - then yes, I would argue Moogles nowadays are as much a KH thing as they are an FF thing, so I wouldn't count them as a cameo.

Loony BoB
01-28-2019, 08:21 PM
I repeat my earlier comparison. Do you view the same of every Disney character that has been in each game?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I'm actually surprised you'd say Moogles are a KH thing when they only reason they're in there in the first place is because they're an FF thing.

I wonder how many people will ever look at Mickey Mouse and say "oh wow it's that Kingdom Hearts character", and for someone to point out that they're mostly a Disney character, and for the other person to go "Well, they're just as much a KH character as a Disney character, really." :lol:

EDIT: To drive the point home: "Each of the Kingdom Hearts II Moogles is named after a notable Final Fantasy Moogle. Most of them are named after Moogles from the Mognet in Final Fantasy IX."

Fynn
01-28-2019, 09:45 PM
No I don’t because FF characters don’t have nearly enough recognizability to even compare to the Disney characters, some of which have almost a 100-year legacy at this point and are an integral part of pop culture. Of course people will recognize Mickey Mouse as Mickey Mouse faster than they would some pink mole thing from some weird game series that hasn’t even had proper moogles in a main titles since FFXII (XIV if you count MMOs)

KHII happened ages ago, and the moogles are still around without any particular FF names. Many FF elements have faded out over time, and so has the FF-element in the Moogles, who have since become an integral part of the KH universe. They’re not cameos anymore if only because they are never actual characters or guest appearances of actual characters from FF - they’re just the generic shopkeeper in this universe. If Mog or Montblanc popped up - sure that would be a cameo. As they are now, they just don’t fit the bill.

Lord Golbez
01-28-2019, 09:45 PM
I 100% agree with your point that Moogles are not equally FF and KH things. However, if rephrased, I could probably come around to Fynn's point. I think at this point it's fair to regard Moogles as a general Square mascot as opposed to specifically an FF mascot.

Mog of Montblanc meets Mog of Narshe.

Fynn
01-28-2019, 09:51 PM
I mean, we’ve reached a point where fans begged for the reintroduction of moogles in the latest FF game and it got delivered in a patch, while every single KH has moogles in the same role they always pop up in the series. Which one feels more like a cameo at this point.

Lord Golbez
01-28-2019, 10:17 PM
KH does. Definitely KH. A much shorter lived series that specifically included moogles to mash up Disney and FF versus the series that originated Moogles and included moogles in many entries just not having them in the last few entries? It's no contest. They definitely belong to FF more than KH. They shouldn't be considered out of FF just because of the ridiculously long production times on new series entries. There's no way any sensible person would say "oh FFXVI has the moogles from Kingdom Hearts."

I don't think either one counts as a cameo though. Just if it were a contest for which series Moogles belong to, FF would win hands down.

Fynn
01-28-2019, 10:22 PM
Still not a cameo anymore with how they’ve been integrated into the series universe. They may originate from FF, but they’re a consistent presence in KH that goes beyond being a simple cameo.

Anyway, I’m done here. If you’ve got the energy to keep this dumb little point going, be my guest. I’m not changing my mind anytime soon.

Aulayna
01-29-2019, 01:06 AM
EDIT: My thoughts on the actual topic at hand: If they aren't going to include Final Fantasy characters, at least that's one fewer series I have to bother getting into. I was legit considering buying the series and playing them through after FFIII and FFIV so I could catch up on it and then enjoy all the FF in the latest game but now that's out the window. :shobon:

It's always hard to get the tone across with text, but I am convinced this is bait :p

Lord Golbez
01-29-2019, 02:34 AM
Maybe. I'm seriously at least waiting until it drops to $20 and that's at least partially because they did not meet my demand of including Darkwing Duck. That's not bait, but tbh I probably wouldn't have gotten it at full price anyway. Maybe $40 with DW.

Fynn
01-29-2019, 05:15 AM
I’m sure they’ll put in Darkeing Duck in KH re: 358/3 Days of Future Past in 2047

maybee
01-29-2019, 06:03 AM
I’m sure they’ll put in Darkeing Duck in KH re: 358/3 Days of Future Past in 2047

Chain of Dream X Chi Memories Pluto's Norted Dreams 8.9 Mix x Nomura's Belt Feitsh has to come out first.

Fynn
01-29-2019, 07:52 AM

Chain of Dream X Chi Memories Pluto's Norted Dreams 8.9 Mix x Nomura's Belt Feitsh has to come out first.

I know but Darkeing Duck isn’t confirmed for that one. I know we’re getting a House of Mouse and Phil of the Future world for it though

Loony BoB
01-29-2019, 08:31 AM

It's always hard to get the tone across with text, but I am convinced this is bait :p
Ask anyone in the Twitch community I hang out with and they'll confirm that KH is one of the few games I've been mulling over. :p It was generally between KH, Zelda games and FFIV for the game I play once I'm done with FFIII. Maybe some random indie game though. But then, I play about 1-2 games a year on Twitch as I'm extremely sporadic to say the least...

I’m not changing my mind anytime soon.
I'm fine with you being wrong, it's okay. ;) All good mate, we're just of very different opinions.

Psychotic
01-29-2019, 11:30 AM
This shit is why I resigned from staff :colbert: play KH anyway you goon, it's pretty good!

Fynn
01-29-2019, 12:02 PM
You’re asking BoB to act rationally

Psychotic
01-29-2019, 01:01 PM
BoB can be incredibly rational but he is also very stubborn :p

This battle is already lost. Nomura himself could show up at BoB's door, beg forgiveness, pleasure his member and keep his soup glass topped up all evening and he still wouldn't consider playing KH now.

Loony BoB
01-29-2019, 06:38 PM
Why do all that when he could just put more FF into it? :D But really I'd prefer he focus his energies towards Final Fantasy VII: Remake. Maybe he can put Sora into it. Hell, put Sora into a few FF games, making Sora just as much a Final Fantasy thing as a Kingdom Hearts thing. :smash:

Fynn
01-29-2019, 06:41 PM
I’m the exact opposite. Forget the dumb remake and just have Nomura focus on more KH for the rest of his life. He’s running out of time and all thise plots won’t resolve themselves!

Loony BoB
01-29-2019, 07:39 PM
He's done your thing for ages now, it's our turn! You can have him for keeps afterwards.

Wolf Kanno
01-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Maybe he can put Sora into it. Hell, put Sora into a few FF games, making Sora just as much a Final Fantasy thing as a Kingdom Hearts thing. :smash:

Remembers that Sora has appeared in World of Final Fantasy, Record Keeper, and Brave Exivus...

Fynn
01-29-2019, 08:24 PM
He's done your thing for ages now, it's our turn! You can have him for keeps afterwards.

Have Toriyama do it for you then and leave Nomura alone!

Lord Golbez
01-29-2019, 08:29 PM
Honestly prefer if Nomura leaves FF alone. He can do character art (I guess), but leave direction to Kitase, please.

Psychotic
02-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Welp noctis is definitely in this game if you go to Toy Story world hahaha

Fynn
02-01-2019, 08:55 PM
*Yozora

Psychotic
02-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Come to think of it actually Riku's hair and outfit is basically Noctis too

Scotty_ffgamer
02-01-2019, 09:22 PM
I was so confused when I went to the toy story world for a bit. I knew what that scene would end up being, but it went on a good amount longer than I thought it would.

Fynn
02-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Psy, I need to hear your thoughts once you see the secret ending

Lord Golbez
02-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Did you finish the game already? Wasn't it just released on Tuesday? Is it that short? Or put another way, approximately how many hours did you clock it at?

Fynn
02-01-2019, 09:35 PM
I don’t have a PS4, so I cannot play it. Which is a tragedy, I know. Despite my retrospective, SEChas failed to notice me as the #1 KH fan.

But YouTube is a thing.

WarZidane
02-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Did you finish the game already? Wasn't it just released on Tuesday? Is it that short? Or put another way, approximately how many hours did you clock it at?

Not the person you aimed this question at, but 37 hours on proud mode, left plenty to explore post-game though.

maybee
02-03-2019, 01:49 AM
I don’t have a PS4, so I cannot play it. Which is a tragedy, I know. Despite my retrospective, SEChas failed to notice me as the #1 KH fan.

But YouTube is a thing.

I recommend getting off yer lazy bum and buying a PS4- because while KH3 is not perfect and has some blemishes, the game is brilliantly fun, and you need to play it.

Fynn
02-03-2019, 05:47 AM
I wish nothing more than to have a PS4. However, I am an adult with a child and have priorities. I can’t afford to make my family starve for five months by getting a PS4 instead. Bills don’t pay themselves and my financial situation isn’t ideal, as in I have pretty much zero disposable income.

So yeah, spoilers it is :monster:

Psychotic
02-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Psy, I need to hear your thoughts once you see the secret endingDo you remember on one of the FF Talks you once mockingly wailed "But what about Nomura's vision?!"

Pretty sure that's how Nomura himself unironically feels about it you know.

Fynn
02-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Exactly

maybee
02-11-2019, 02:26 AM
Omg, the secret ending. And I thought I had troubles getting over the past. :stare:

Vermachtnis
02-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Kingdom Hearts 4, or whatever

Is going to start off with TWEWY world. And we're going to get some actual SquareEnix worlds. And Yozora is going to be antagonistic, coming from a game that doesn't exist and he's pissed. I don't think he'll be the big bad. Just taking up a similar roll to Riku from the first game.

Fynn
02-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Kingdom Hearts 4, or whatever

Is going to start off with TWEWY world. And we're going to get some actual SquareEnix worlds. And Yozora is going to be antagonistic, coming from a game that doesn't exist and he's pissed. I don't think he'll be the big bad. Just taking up a similar roll to Riku from the first game.

Honestly? I feel the secret ending was teasing DLC more than anything, what with Sora and Riku being in their III attire. The epilogue is the real teaser for 4.

Also, calling it now: Sora is the Master of Masters.