PDA

View Full Version : Whelp, I feel old...

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2019, 10:16 PM
This just popped up on my YouTube feed.

SRHM2ecKrxU

It's bad enough music I grew up with is now being used as Wal-Mart easy listening, now I've lived long enough to see someone do a cover of a anime opening theme I watched in high school.

What has made you feel old lately?

TrollHunter
04-24-2019, 11:58 PM
One of my classmates in community college is 8 years younger than me. Shes 15 I'm 23 going on 24.

Also I went through my old maplestory screenshots last night and a lot of them were from like 2009 and 2010. Yeesh. That's at least a century ago.

Vermachtnis
04-25-2019, 01:57 AM
This video is older than people on this forum and I watched it high school.

OpNQeBWw3Fk

And kids are talking about growing up on the Playstation 2 and 3 generations and they're retro now. I graduated highschool the summer before the PS3 came out. And most of my games are older than my niece who just turned 5 in December.

Sephex
04-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Half my life ago I was legally an adult.

maybee
04-25-2019, 04:35 PM
Omg, I love that song ! That was the opening song for Gundam Wing correct ?? Man, I haven't watched a Gundam series since that one with the edgy kid with the scarf. ):

Cell
04-25-2019, 08:34 PM
A friend's kid laughing at how old a Spectum ZX they found in his attic being "ancient" while we remembered playing it heavily.

Chibi Youkai
04-26-2019, 05:21 AM
I work with a bunch of 18 and 19-year olds. they say something every day that makes me feel old.

Bubba
04-26-2019, 01:07 PM

Same.

A friend's kid laughing at how old a Spectum ZX they found in his attic being "ancient" while we remembered playing it heavily.

This was my first ever computer. I think we persuaded mum to buy it due to it having a keyboard and she could "do work" on it. Lol.

Nothing really makes me feel old these days though, tbh. I'm sure 38 sounds ancient to some members on here but it's only a number. I think people who feel younger do actually look younger. I still feel like I'm in my twenties. While I know I don't look that young I think I look younger than 38.

Cell
04-26-2019, 01:40 PM

Same.

This was my first ever computer. I think we persuaded mum to buy it due to it having a keyboard and she could "do work" on it. Lol.

Nothing really makes me feel old these days though, tbh. I'm sure 38 sounds ancient to some members on here but it's only a number. I think people who feel younger do actually look younger. I still feel like I'm in my twenties. While I know I don't look that young I think I look younger than 38.

I've found once you pass thirty or so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Loony BoB
04-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Yeah, as much as I love to drum up how old I feel sometimes, realistically I don't feel that different to how I did in my late 20s. I think that's basically you set once you hit around 25-ish.

louby_4eva
04-27-2019, 09:14 PM
I went to see Papa Roach last week and had a sore back before the support had finished. It made me realise that I should only go to gigs where seats are available from now on!

Cell
04-28-2019, 09:13 AM
I went to see Papa Roach last week and had a sore back before the support had finished. It made me realise that I should only go to gigs where seats are available from now on!

Papa Roach are still a thing?

angel
05-01-2019, 06:27 PM
I was looking into getting FFXII for the switch and then decided to log into this site. That made me feel old.

Loony BoB
05-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Hot damn, angel! Now there's a walk back into the distant past.

Chris
05-11-2019, 10:49 AM
I don’t feel old. Why would I? I am hot.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-11-2019, 12:53 PM

It's you! :monocle::monocle::monocle::monocle::monocle:

Seeing members I talked to 14 years ago makes me feel a little old, haha.

Wow, I'm 28. I guess I have been here half my life.

Bri
05-13-2019, 04:34 PM
I definitely know I'm old (32) when I talk to my friend about Doug or Are you afraid of the dark, lol

sharkythesharkdogg
05-14-2019, 09:12 PM
One of my classmates in community college is 8 years younger than me. Shes 15 I'm 23 going on 24.

Also I went through my old maplestory screenshots last night and a lot of them were from like 2009 and 2010. Yeesh. That's at least a century ago.

I'm older than one of my teachers.

Slothy
05-14-2019, 09:37 PM
I definitely know I'm old (32) when I talk to my friend about Doug or Are you afraid of the dark, lol

I hate anyone who is too young to know what these are.

Mr Gashtacular
05-15-2019, 04:33 PM
im starting to interview and hire ppl who are literally just turning adult and they are smarter than me and know what all the weird video game slang is and they are just nice ppl and it makes me sad because i have to google half the smart and slang things they say

Vasher
05-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Our eldest son is in High School and will be getting his Driver’s License soon. Still feel “young”, eat well, excersize. I am “old enough” to take being “carded” as a compliment. It happens often enough, just the other day at Disney’s California Adventure, “we have to card anyone that looks like they are under 30...”. I always thank them, I guess I am “that old”. 41, still a ways to go before I’m farting dust and pissing rust. :P