PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think Episode 1 will end?

8ther
05-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Where do you the first part of the FF7 remake end on? I have this sneaking suspicion that it will likely end after the party escapes from Midgar, which would be a bummer for me as Red XIII would only be playable for a brief period of time.

The ideal ending point in my opinion would be after the first Jenova fight aboard the cargo ship.

Jinx
05-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Leaving Midgar would narratively make the most sense, but they'd have to GREATLY expand upon it to be worth it. Like, let you explore new sectors, maybe add in a few more missions with Avalanche.

After the first Jenova fight would also be a good place to stop, what with arriving in a new continent, and furthering the mystery of Jenova.

WarZidane
05-29-2019, 04:17 PM
Cloud drowning Aeris.

Psychotic
05-29-2019, 05:34 PM
I had thought it'd be the escape from Midgar but if the rumours are true (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/172490-Some-Remake-Rumors) and we're only getting two episodes, the end of disc 1 is the logical conclusion.

It's hard to gauge because we've really only seen footage from the first hour or so of the original game.

maybee
05-29-2019, 09:22 PM
After the Cloud Motorbike Escape thing.

Aulayna
05-30-2019, 11:41 AM
After the opening cutscene.

Shiva95
05-30-2019, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended with Aerith's death.

Fynn
05-30-2019, 04:16 PM
I had thought it'd be the escape from Midgar but if the rumours are true (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/172490-Some-Remake-Rumors) and we're only getting two episodes, the end of disc 1 is the logical conclusion.

It's hard to gauge because we've really only seen footage from the first hour or so of the original game.

I’d love that because then you get an entire second full priced game that runs on sheer unadulterated stupidity

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Hard to say since it isn't going to be a scene by scene remake but more of a rebooting.

Wolf Kanno
05-31-2019, 12:48 AM
If I was only going by what we've seen in the trailers. Leaving Midgard, if the rumors were true that the episode content will only be two, I'd say end of Disc 1.

Vermachtnis
05-31-2019, 06:49 AM

WHAT!? She dies? Dude spoilers.

maybee
05-31-2019, 06:53 AM

WHAT!? She dies? Dude spoilers.

Didn't you know ? Snape kills her.

Jokes aside, I do think we should start being careful with FFVII spoils ???

Psychotic
05-31-2019, 07:31 AM
Jokes aside, I do think we should start being careful with FFVII spoils ???Maybe if they change any major plot details - so if Aerith lives because she gets Phoenix Down'd.

Bubba
05-31-2019, 09:30 AM
How much in total do we think we're gonna have to spend on this game to see everything?

It's gonna be in the hundreds, right?

WarZidane
05-31-2019, 10:37 AM

Nah, the knowledge that Aeris dies is so ubiquitous now, there's no point in treating it like other spoilers. It'd be like trying to avoid saying that Vader is Luke's father because they're re-releasing the original Star Wars trilogy.

Cell
05-31-2019, 01:02 PM
I would be surprised if it was anything but leaving Midgar- there would be a hell of a lot of space needed to turn Midgar into something real, which wouldn't leave much space for the world map, Kalm and the Chocobo Ranch. If not Midgar, the only other point early on I can think as a point to stop episode one would be as you get on the ferry to Costa del Sol.

maybee
06-01-2019, 02:31 AM

Nah, the knowledge that Aeris dies is so ubiquitous now, there's no point in treating it like other spoilers. It'd be like trying to avoid saying that Vader is Luke's father because they're re-releasing the original Star Wars trilogy.

Yeah, but there's people out there that's not going to know. And there's people out there that don't know the Star Wars twist either. ( believe it or not) These became well known spoils, because people just didn't care originally and always spoke about it, we don't have to re follow that when it comes to the new gen of FFVII fans.

Lord Golbez
06-07-2019, 04:29 PM
If they've managed to avoid spoilers thus far it's doubtful it will be this thread, which is specifically marked as an FF7 thread, that ends their luck. I don't doubt there are people who don't know about Aeris. They're just not people who frequent threads about FF7. Just like anyone that doesn't know about Vader has probably never even seen a Star Wars film and certainly doesn't go on internet message boards dedicated to Star Wars.

As for where the first episode will end, probably after a fight with Genesis, because this game is gonna be filled woth BS.

Shauna
06-07-2019, 06:10 PM
It won't end, they'll have some kind of endless rotation of menial rubbish for us to do forever so they don't have to finish other episode(s).

Jinx
06-07-2019, 08:15 PM
It won't end, they'll have some kind of endless rotation of menial rubbish for us to do forever so they don't have to finish other episode(s).

FFXIV/2

Sephex
06-09-2019, 11:06 PM
It will end right after after the group swing away from the Sector 7 plate crashing.

The scene fades to black...

Then you find yourself awake in a moving wagon.

Ralof: Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.

Fox
06-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Judging from all the trailers so far I'm starting to think it'll end at Seventh Heaven. You walk into the bar for the first time, an incomplete model of Tifa with placeholder textures stands behind the counter. Fade to black.

"Episode 2: 03.03.2021. Pre-order now for $60 at Square-Enix.com"

maybee
06-11-2019, 04:48 AM
Looks like it's going to end at the Motorbike Chase Escape from Shrina INC.

Episode 2 might be Nibelhiem to Nibelhiem. Tifa figure.

Episode 3 Vincent to Jenova Life. Aerith figure.

Episode 4 Climbing the mountain to Cloud's return. Zack figure.

Episode 5 Cloud's return to Sephiroth's cave/ end. Sephiroth figure.

SE is going to lengthen this out as much as possible.

Loony BoB
06-11-2019, 07:29 AM
So from what I read from the E3 news it'll be a two disc adventure, ending at the finish of Midgar with the entirity of the outside Midgar area on the second disc.