PDA

View Full Version : Since we're reviving old IPs...

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2019, 08:48 AM
Romancing SaGa 3 remake, Trails of Mana Remake, a questionable Front Mission Spin-off, and games like Brave Exvius doing a lot of cameos from older IPs; it just feels like Square-Enix is trying to dig through there backlog and bring back the wonder years of their game development. So which dead IPs would you love to see SE surprise the world with in a post-VII Remake world?

Vermachtnis
06-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist or whatever.

WarZidane
06-21-2019, 10:56 AM
A Valkyrie Profile 3 would be great, yeah. It'd also be nice if Trials of Mana leads to a new Mana game.

Then of course there's Parasite Eve (just ignore 3rd Birthday) and Chrono (but don't ignore Cross because that game was great)

Fynn
06-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Xenogears remaster please

Lord Golbez
06-21-2019, 04:23 PM
New Chrono game please for the love of all that is good. It s finny that at the time CC came out I felt the time gap was long enough that I was happily surprised a sequel to Chrono Trigger was coming and that was only 5 years. At this point 5 year gaps in series are more commonplace but we've been almost 20 without a Chrono game (and surely will be over that by the time one comes if it ever will).

And no, I don't want it to be "Chrono Trigger 2." That's the kind of crap I can get as fanfiction games if I want. I want a legitimate new entry in the series with new characters, gameplay, and story just like Chrono Cross but set in that world and drawing connections to the previous two games.

Wolf Kanno
06-23-2019, 09:33 AM
I feel Dew Prism/Threads of Fate deserves another shot. The original game was pretty good though not exactly groundbreaking, but the secret ending left the game on a cliffhanger.

I would love to see the Ivalice team do a follow up or at least a remaster of Vagrant Story.

If SE could team up with Mistwalker, I would love to see a third official Chrono entry, but like Lord Golbez, I would prefer something with a new cast and scenario that is loosely connected to the setting much like Chrono Cross.

If SE could team up with Monolith Soft, even if this winds up being a Switch exclusive, I would buy the system in a heartbeat for either a remake of Xenogears or a prequel/sequel, preferably one focused on Lacan and the Shevat-Solaris war from 500 years ago.

I also hope that SE may one day do remastered ports like the Romancing SaGa titles for Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure of the Rudras, and Einhander

Also, while it has been getting love from SE the past few years, I'd rather see SE release a collection of the Front Mission series instead of trying to make new entries.

Rez09
06-25-2019, 02:25 PM
I'd be on board for a FM 1-5 collection, especially since 2 and 5, both among the higher regarded titles in the series, never saw release outside of Japan. That said, I'd also be on board for a full remake of FM1 using the upgraded systems from later entries, as the game has one of my favorite stories in the series, but some of the most binary combat and Wanzer building. Speed -> Switch -> Speed -> Switch -> Spe . . . oh, you're dead now. Right, someone else attack me! Annnnnnnnd . . . Switch -> Speed ~

Jiro
06-27-2019, 12:06 PM
I wanna play another installment in The Bouncer. I'm kind of hungry for some melodramatic brawling in my life.

chionos
08-12-2019, 01:58 AM
These are all the wrong answers. The only acceptable answer is Brave Fencer Musashi.
We would also accept Vagrant Story.

Ayen
08-17-2019, 01:28 AM
Chrono and Xenogears.

Jessweeee♪
08-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Give us a resolution to that Threads of Fate secret ending!!!

Mercen-X
08-24-2019, 04:55 AM
Personally, I wish SE would acquire the rights to Crystalis and give me remake... or sequel, I'm good with either.
Brave Fencer Musashi.

The Sequel was not great. Would love a chance to experience the original.

Valkyrie Profile 3

Would play.
Xenogears

Haven't but would play.

New Chrono game please for almost 20 years without a Chrono

I want a legitimate new entry in the series with new characters, gameplay, and story just like Chrono Cross was but set in that world and drawing connections to the previous two games.

Either Chrono Breaker or Radical Dreamers would be fine by me.

Threads of Fate.

I would love a follow up Vagrant Story.

I also hope that SE may one day do remastered ports like the Romancing SaGa titles for Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure of the Rudras, and Einhander

Never completed Threads or VS. Would love to take another crack at it.

I wanna play another installment in The Bouncer.

Bouncer made me feel like I was playing Ehrgeiz, which isn't bad, but makes me wish the latter's adventure mode was more story-driven rather than Rogue-like.