PDA

View Full Version : I don't care how popular it is...

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2019, 10:18 PM
We've discussed franchises we started but then fell off the wagon, and even some we want to check out, but what about franchises you have no real desire to partake in?

Spuuky
07-20-2019, 01:11 AM
I don't think I could possibly care less about Smash.

Slothy
07-20-2019, 02:09 PM

You're good people.

Freya
07-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Bethesda.

None of the games/gameplay clicked for me. I'm very meh about them.

Psychotic
07-20-2019, 09:03 PM
Bethesda.

None of the games/gameplay clicked for me. I'm very meh about them.This, but with Blizzard. :p

Example
07-21-2019, 05:35 AM
Assassin's Creed for me. Beat the first game and found it thoroughly mediocre, played an hour or two of the second and dropped it out of sheer boredom.

Vincent, Thunder God
07-21-2019, 12:02 PM

You're good people.

+1

Similarly I don't care about Mario Kart either, other than a quick game on the n64 occasionally.

Karifean
07-21-2019, 12:45 PM
Most WRPG, shooter and 3D Nintendo franchises. Not that I don't enjoy some of those occasionally, but as it stands I have no desire to play any Halo, Battlefield, Gears of War, Bioshock, Red Dead, 3D Zelda, first person Metroid, Gothic or Bethesda games. Could add the 3D open world Mario games but I did give those more of a try and just didn't enjoy them, so dunno if that counts.

Also not really interested in the Tales of or DQ games, though I might get to those if I ever make it through the mountain of JRPGs that look a lot more worth playing through.

Galuf
07-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Most WRPG, shooter and 3D Nintendo franchises. Not that I don't enjoy some of those occasionally, but as it stands I have no desire to play any Halo, Battlefield, Gears of War, Bioshock, Red Dead, 3D Zelda, first person Metroid, Gothic or Bethesda games. Could add the 3D open world Mario games but I did give those more of a try and just didn't enjoy them, so dunno if that counts.

Also not really interested in the Tales of or DQ games, though I might get to those if I ever make it through the mountain of JRPGs that look a lot more worth playing through.

Not to force you to play it or anything but. First person metroid is less a shooter and more classic metroid, if that has any bearing on anything.

Games i tend to avoide are sports and most fps games aswell.. Usually modern CoD and Battlefield. Battle royales are boring to me aswell. Pretty much jumped off the Halo boat aswell after Halo 5 being an absolute dissapointment.

Darkhero
07-21-2019, 07:23 PM
Most MMOs for me.

Lord Golbez
07-22-2019, 01:50 AM
Bethesda.

None of the games/gameplay clicked for me. I'm very meh about them.This, but with Blizzard. :p

Both of these and tons of other stuff. All FPS games. Halo. Dark Souls type games. Diablo type games. Lots of stuff.

Vincent, Thunder God
07-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Some other types of games I tend to not care about:

-Sports games

-Most licensed games based on TV/Movies etc

-Spin-offs from established IPs that release a crappy tie-in to a currently popular genre of gameplay

-Generic FPS franchises like Call of Duty and Gears of War

And yeah, I don't like MMO's either, especially when they're considered part of a main series (like XI and XIV)

Denmark
07-25-2019, 11:50 PM
Final Fantasy.

and most turn-based JRPGs, because zzz emoji

Ayen
07-26-2019, 12:10 PM
Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.

Mercen-X
07-30-2019, 03:18 AM
Warcraft, League of Legends, most online games actually. Most mobile games. Gachas. Most FPS games, racing games, all sports games, simulations, visual novels, Telltale games. Games on PC or other systems I never owned.

Post-NES Megaman. Post-PS1 Twisted Metal.
Fortnite, Borderlands (I almost tried it, but got bored at the opening sequence), Elder Scrolls, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragon Quest (except VIII which I bought for the FFXII demo), Drakengard, Dragon Age, BioShock, Portal, Guilty Gear and Blazblue (most fighting games outside of Mortal Kombat), "Tales of" since the first one, most-GTA clones, most-sandbox games, Halo, RDR, Mii games, dance games (esp DDR... neither my fingers nor my feet are fast enough for this genre). Most NIS, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, games like Monster Rancher...

A shorter list as to my likes: basically customizable games and RPGs.

Fynn
07-30-2019, 05:23 AM
Tales

And I don’t even know why. I just see it and I’m like “yeah no, I’ll pass”

Lord Golbez
08-03-2019, 06:00 PM
I don't think there's any great loss there. I play Tales games, but generally would describe them as decent, but mediocre.

Vincent, Thunder God
08-04-2019, 10:58 AM
I don't think there's any great loss there. I play Tales games, but generally would describe them as decent, but mediocre.

*homer voice* Shh! Don't tell WarZidane...

Karifean
08-04-2019, 11:07 AM

*homer voice* Shh! Don't tell WarZidane...

Hey don't go mixing up Tales and Trails now =P

Loony BoB
08-04-2019, 11:14 AM
Tales games, MOBAs (I think that's the word), Overwatch/Fortnite/PUBG style games. And for TV series, Breaking Bad springs to mind. And Dexter.