PDA

View Full Version : Best Summons

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Which FF had your favorite collection of Summons?

Shiva95
07-20-2019, 12:52 PM
I chose FFX. Yuna's eidolons are really powerful; I really like their Overdrives and how they work.

Galuf
07-21-2019, 05:14 PM
Close between VIII and X, but i chose VIII because i liked its original ones a bit more. Eden, Quetzacotl and pandemona were cool

Mr. Carnelian
07-23-2019, 11:26 AM
X, mostly because of Shiva. Seriously funky hair.

Rez09
09-05-2019, 03:53 PM
FF4 has my favorite summons, not necessarily because of their battle prowess, FF3 probably wins that for me due to busted ass Sages, but due to the narrative elements involving them. I remember being a kid and killing the mist dragon and being all, 'Nuuuuuuuu! T-T' afterwards, then titan, what, spawns a mountain range in your face in response? That was pretty awesome. Finding the Feymarch later on in the game basically seals it for me, since you see the summons have their own little society underground, and Rydia was hanging out with them for all that time.

Espers had their own village in FF6 as well I suppose, but, and frankly this may just be my hatred for the Maudin section slowing the game to a halt for that five minutes I stopped caring about the third time through the game, I think the place is boring as all hell and you don't have any real interaction with it, and none of the other games in series really do anything with the summons that leads me to especially like them at all -- they are basically just (usually outclassed) nukes with long run times. :shrug:

Vermachtnis
09-06-2019, 12:12 AM
I went with X for being playable characters. I also like XIII's concept and almost picked it. Then I remember I only used Odin like twice and never touched it again. Riding around on Sleipnir was neat. But X has my favorite Shiva and Bahamut design. And Anima is all around cool.

Ayen
09-08-2019, 01:26 AM
VIII for Shiva. I just liked her character design for that game. Made her Squall's go to summon.

Jessweeee♪
09-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Tough choice, but I went with FFX due to their more complex role in combat. A bit of a cheap win, but I liked that in game where they had a strong place in the plot we had more we could do with them.

Second choice FFVIII because of how broken the passive abilities are lol