PDA

View Full Version : Which idea sounds better?

Ayen
07-29-2019, 01:38 AM
Okay guys, I need an opinion on something. Which idea sounds more interesting:

"Ayen's Video Game Reviews"

Where I review anything under the sun on any platform that I have available. Or:

"The Sega Brat"

Where I only review old Sega games from the 80s and 90s which I'll rebrand "The Video Game Brat" when I run out of Sega titles to review.

Either video idea will be family friendly as I wish to attract more people to my videos.

Or should I do both?

FFNut
07-29-2019, 01:50 AM
I say why not both?

I’m the Saga brat Ayen and this is Ayen’s video game review!

Has as a nice ring to it I say.

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2019, 05:30 AM
I'd say do both, but start as the Sega brat and work your way up to a general games critic. Better to start with a gimmick and once its used up, move into broader territory.

Ayen
07-30-2019, 12:21 PM
I'd say do both, but start as the Sega brat and work your way up to a general games critic. Better to start with a gimmick and once its used up, move into broader territory.

That's what I was thinking. That the Sega Brat would appeal to a more niche audience. There is a lot of critics on YouTube right now, but how many devote their time to retro Sega titles?

I'll share what I had in mind as the first 13 videos for each series. Maybe that will help steer the voting.

Ayen's Reviews
Monster Rancher
F.E.A.R.
Evil Zone
Battle Tanx
Auto Destruct
Broken Helix
Road Rash/Road Rash 3D
San Francisco Rush Extreme Racing
Spider-Man
Metroid
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Armored Core

The Sega Brat
Sonic the Hedgehog
Alex Kidd Miracle World
Streets of Rage
Comic Zone
X-Men 2 Clone War
Cyborg Justice
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Mortal Kombat
Doom
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist
Sailor Moon

Cell
10-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Will forever vote Sega.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-17-2019, 03:45 PM
Well, you have several people with similar ideas, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. However, it works best when you can create a bit of a persona around the your name. Being a brat or having a bratty personality could be funny or it could get grating. Even arguably one of the more popular reviewers, angry Nintendo nerd, became annoying to me after more than a few videos. Perhaps something like the Sega Sage would open you up to Sega reviews and also interesting factoids and Sega history. A knowledgeable guide to all things old school Sega.