PDA

View Full Version : Have you changed your mind about a movie lately?

Mercen-X
07-31-2019, 09:25 PM
I can't say I'm completely swayed one way or another, however, there are many films lately that I'm taking a closer more analytical look at. Yes, some of it comes from persuasive arguments online, but I don't just agree with everything that's said. There are things I read that ring true to what I've seen in a film and colors my perspective differently (like Film Theories), but it's not always clear cut.

Has anyone had a particularly strong shift in opinion about a film recently?

Ayen
08-01-2019, 01:34 AM
The Twilight movies. I know they're not good movies, but I get enjoyment out of them anyway. The same thing with the Ghost Rider movies. I guess you can call them guilty pleasure movies. I wouldn't argue that they're good, I just don't hate them anymore.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Hard to say. Part of me wants to say Casablanca, but my initial opinion of the film was pretty much based on my own ignorance. Same with Singing in the Rain.

Maybe the first two Thor movies. I felt they were both decent, but now I consider them some of the weakest films in the MCU after re-watching them a few times. Still, I feel like there is an obvious one here that I'm forgetting...:sleepy:

tidus79
05-07-2020, 09:28 PM
The first time I saw "Apocalypse Now" (when I was young) I don't like it at all!

Now I consider this movie a classic :D

Mercen-X
05-08-2020, 04:27 PM
I read an article about Iron Man 2. I really liked the movie. The article went from trashing its redundant story and lackluster villain to praising its ultimate importance to Tony's character throughout the MCU's run. Now I have "mixed" feelings. I acknowledge the film as flawed but also wonder how the franchise would have fared (or even existed) without Iron Man 2. Still, it probably could have been made better.

Recently, I also took a look at the re-release of SWANH. With all of the extra aliens and stuff GL crammed in with digital effects, you would think the first space "battle" could have been adjusted. Han Solo claims to know a "few maneuvers" and then does nothing.