PDA

View Full Version : Charmed

Ayen
08-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Who watches Charmed? And by Charmed I mean the original that first air in 98, not the new show now playing on the CW network which I have yet to watch.

I didn't watch Charmed when it was on TV, but I got into it at 2010. I was a fan of Alyssa Milano, but after a while I fell in love with all the characters. My favorite now has to be Piper Halliwell played by Holly Marie Combs. She did it all: mother, sister, wife, witch, fighter, hero, businesswoman. She had the whole pie and made it work. I couldn't think of a better character for women to look up to. Showing that you can have a family and a successful career.

Discuss.

Mercen-X
08-04-2019, 06:33 PM
I don't know if I just had a personal disconnect with Shannon Doherty, but I much preferred the show when the third sister was swapped out.

I also loved any episode about Cole. I like Dark Wyatt, Excalibur Piper, and the evil Charmed sisters.

I actually wrote a fanfic (wait no, I didn't). In my head, I designed a fanart of Prudence dressed royally on a throne lifted via telekinesis; Phoebe levitating in red leather; Paige in white orbing upward, and Piper in black wielding excalibur (looking kind of like Paine from FF). The idea is inspired by my desire to see this setup in action but I could not articulate a decent plot to excuse it. I once tried to get black orb to draw this but he had a lot on his plate and never got around to it.

I've also tried to hand-waive a crossover into Supernatural (and the Buffyverse), but fanservice is as fanservice does.