PDA

View Full Version : Lame things you're ashamed to be proud of

Mercen-X
08-05-2019, 06:29 AM
I just played Monopoly not 15 minutes ago. I won by such a margin that I was actually donating property to my impoverished rivals just to extend the duration of the game. In the end (we set a time limit), all that they had of value was cash which could not even compete with my own paltry $4000.

When anyone owed me money, I pretty much ignored them unless they had something else of value like their own mortgaged property (which I never bothered to buy back) or a GOJF card (which I usually ended up using the very next turn, "oh, the luck"). I offered to let one of them work off their debt like a good little minion. I forgave so much rent, I probably would have broke the bank if I hadn't been feeling generous.

I have only played this game a few times in my life. Maybe 6. I had not won before. I once lost after the fourth roll of the dice. How does that even happen? This was a big moment for me and I spent most of my time changing out my smaller bills so my total would be easier to count since everyone already knew I was the night's kingpin. I am not proud of my pride but damn tonight felt good... which is just pathetic and sad, but I'll take it.

Anyone else got a worthless triumph notched in their wins collumn? Or is it just me?

Wolf Kanno
08-05-2019, 06:52 AM
The management team at my work was doing E.Q. tests and I both correctly ranked the order of empathy among my peers and was dead last in the test. I scored a 20/200 points. Granted, I'm not exactly ashamed about this either.

Mercen-X
08-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Lol, I love that

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-05-2019, 10:41 AM
The "weird flex, but okay" thread.

Karifean
08-05-2019, 11:22 AM
I can get 0:0.0 in Catcher Chocobo in less than 5 minutes easily, and I did it for a stranger in Sweden a short while ago using PS4 shareplay. I'm way better at this minigame than any human being should ever be. I think my record time is something like -18 seconds (if it didn't get truncated to 0).

Fox
08-05-2019, 09:11 PM
Dan Gheesling thanked me during a Mario Maker stream because I translated the Japanese title of a level he was playing.

Fynn
08-05-2019, 09:27 PM
This dude that translates fantasy literature into Polish (not even a prominent dude or anything) had this lecture where he talked about that. He had us translate fragments of the Witcher into English. He said he liked how I translated the line into "Sounds like you're asking for a whipping, boy."

Fynn
08-05-2019, 10:52 PM
I'm not a furry.

That's exactly what a furry would say

Heath
08-06-2019, 04:08 PM
I won a Blue Peter Competition Winner's badge.

Actually, sod that: it's not lame at all.

Ayen
08-06-2019, 05:12 PM
I got an award for being insightful.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-06-2019, 05:29 PM
My wife thinks I'm the greatest just because I treat her like any decent human being should treat another human being. Respect and support.

I can't say it doesn't feel good to be appreciated, but still, feels like I'm cheating the system.

Slothy
08-06-2019, 06:40 PM
My wife thinks I'm the greatest just because I treat her like any decent human being should treat another human being. Respect and support.

I can't say it doesn't feel good to be appreciated, but still, feels like I'm cheating the system.

It is shocking how many people can't manage this when I agree it's like the bare minimum that people should strive for all the time. Sometimes I'll hear or read about how badly many fuck that stuff up and no matter how many stories I hear I still don't understand their thinking.

Mercen-X
08-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Personally, I think that if you're given an actual award, it usually isn't lame. Unless it is for something ridiculous like "loudest belch".

Ayen
08-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Personally, I think that if you're given an actual award, it usually isn't lame. Unless it is for something ridiculous like "loudest belch".

MLT Belch on Command.

God, I miss the Ciddies.

Chemical
08-23-2019, 09:11 AM
Back in my crazy twenties a Kiwi taught me how to snort a piece of spaghetti up my nose and cough it out my mouth so that some was still hanging out of my nose. 🥴 I’m still pretty chuff about it; though I wouldn’t admit this to any of my grown up friends... who I like... and want to keep...

Chemical
08-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Back in my crazy twenties a Kiwi taught me how to snort a piece of spaghetti up my nose and cough it out my mouth so that some was still hanging out of my nose. 若 I’m still pretty chuff about it; though I wouldn’t admit this to any of my grown up friends... who I like... and want to keep...

teach me, senpai

😂
I bet I could!

https://afv.com/spaghetti-snorting-teen-boy-flosses-nose-noodle/

sharkythesharkdogg
08-26-2019, 05:13 PM
I knew a lady (Well, met/interacted with a few times when hanging out with large groups of friends.) when I was in the Air Force that could drink through her nose.

Hilarious at first. Thinking about what path that fluid had to take before being consumed.......still pretty funny.