PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ciddies

Ayen
08-10-2019, 01:30 AM
I found out earlier this week you don't these anymore, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. Rest in Peace, Ciddies, your insanity will be missed. Now what are your favorite moments from the Ciddies?

I remember my first Ciddies in 2013 where I won Best Member, MLT to win my first Ciddy, and MLT to be Staff. I don't remember what the fourth category I was nominated for was, but I didn't win that one.

Discuss.

Fynn
08-10-2019, 01:33 AM
I never got best member :(

Del Murder
08-10-2019, 05:21 AM
My Ciddies are in a box in my attic somewhere. I'll show my kids someday.

Ayen
08-10-2019, 03:02 PM

Neither did I :(

I don't remember. I was drunk.

You're always drunk, though.

Chibi Youkai
08-28-2019, 09:23 PM

Nah, that's just not true.

I remember my first ciddies. I think I had just created this account because my previous one was made before I was 13, and I wanted to compete "honestly" or some silly early teen bs like that. Ended up feeling too shy to actually compete. I think I was a junior in HS before I felt confident enough to compete. Went for the music category, sung Suteki da ne. Was a lot of fun.

Edit: Now I remember, it wasn't just age, it was because I moved to the US, forgot my password, and couldn't reset it since that email address didn't exist anymore.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-29-2019, 03:38 PM

Nah, that's just not true.

ty bb :flirt:

True, but "drunk during the Ciddies Jinx" is typically more entertaining that "sober while the Ciddies are taking place Jinx."

EDIT: Didn't "drunk during the Ciddies Jinx" give us Wolf Canoe? That one always gets me. :lol:

Loony BoB
08-29-2019, 05:27 PM
I loved the first time we did a thread for the revelations. Also, doing them with a broken hand was crazy.

Freya
08-29-2019, 07:08 PM
I never got best staff and so I now regularly abuse my powers out of spite.

Shauna
08-29-2019, 07:09 PM

friendly reminder to all that when the ciddies triumphantly return, i do no such thing

Del Murder
08-29-2019, 07:37 PM
You could just abuse your powers to win it. I've rigged the Ciddies on at least three occasions I can remember. Loony BoB's passwords are very easy to crack.

Psychotic
08-29-2019, 07:41 PM
You could just abuse your powers to win it. I've rigged the Ciddies on at least three occasions I can remember. Loony BoB's passwords are very easy to crack.Two and a half. You know full well who had to be the bait in the honeypot trap you set.

Dignified Pauper
08-30-2019, 02:29 AM
Honestly, me never winning a recognized member special title is the real travesty here.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-30-2019, 03:48 AM
The voice recording Ciddies was a ton of fun, and Wolf Canoe was definitely a great moment.

Chibi Youkai
08-30-2019, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry I missed that one. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Aulayna
09-03-2019, 08:12 PM
I really wanted to win best avatar and signature back then. I never did.

RIP

Heck, I don't even remember the ones I actually won anymore :lol: (thank you for the votes though!)

Ayen
09-04-2019, 01:22 AM
I campaigned for you, but no one would listen. They were too busy voting Psych for Best Member every. single. year.

Bubba
09-05-2019, 08:13 AM
I campaigned for you, but no one would listen. They were too busy voting Psych for Best Member every. single. year.

Not every year :cool:

Fynn
09-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Pumpkin also won once

Psychotic
09-05-2019, 10:26 AM
I campaigned for you, but no one would listen. They were too busy voting Psych for Best Member every. single. year.It took me 6 years to win my first Best Member and another 6 to win my second. People kept saying "Oh Psy will win AGAIN" when I wasn't even nominated for it!

Wolf Kanno
09-05-2019, 10:38 AM
I campaigned for you, but no one would listen. They were too busy voting Psych for Best Member every. single. year.It took me 6 years to win my first Best Member and another 6 to win my second. People kept saying "Oh Psy will win AGAIN" when I wasn't even nominated for it!

I'll likely be banned for this, but do you really want to know the truth? :shifty:

BoB and Del always held the real Ciddies in a private forum you were not privy to. What you always felt was a the actual Ciddies was just a farce the rest of the forum put on for you. Neither of them wanted you to know how popular you really are because everyone knew it would go to your head. You've won Best member every year you've been on the forum. Hell you won this summer's ciddies. Shauna gave a very heartfelt speech.

Psychotic
09-05-2019, 10:42 AM
You almost had me there. Loony BoB making his own private forum and Del Murder coming up with a secret scheme to keep me on a tight leash while I dance to his tune are both very plausible scenarios, but everyone knows Shauna is dead inside.

Jiro
09-06-2019, 12:53 AM
What am I supposed to do with this folder full of Tidus memes now?

Scotty_ffgamer
09-06-2019, 01:27 AM

Just periodically pretend the Ciddies are happening anyways, and post the memes anyways.

Rocket Edge
09-06-2019, 11:17 AM
I believe I got my first Ciddie in the last episode of the Ciddies. Some dear diary moments.

Ayen
09-08-2019, 01:26 AM
I'm just glad I never won MLT Be Banned.

Loony BoB
09-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Just periodically pretend the Ciddies are happening anyways, and post the memes anyways.
I am 100% not against people just posting a thread as if there were a Ciddies happening, including the results and everything. It'd be interested seeing how a collective group of members could reveal awards and votes that never really happened. :D

Bubba
09-09-2019, 11:43 AM

I am 100% not against people just posting a thread as if there were a Ciddies happening, including the results and everything. It'd be interested seeing how a collective group of members could reveal awards and votes that never really happened. :D

You may regret saying this...

Spuuky
09-12-2019, 06:56 AM
There's no one left for me to intimidate.

Psychotic
09-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Del Murder and I have come to an agreement and we are going to run the Ciddies together.

Aulayna
09-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Del Murder and I have come to an agreement and we are going to run the Ciddies together.

inb4 Bubba actually sweeps

Del Murder
09-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Working on the awards now. Bubba and Fynn better get to work on their songs if they want to compete in the Most Likely to be a Diva category.

Psychotic
09-12-2019, 06:49 PM

inb4 Bubba actually sweepsI'm going to make a rule that a self-vote counts as a -5 to your votes tally so that should slow him down.

However, we are going to have a Best Member of All Time category where the only nominees are previous winners of Best Member so Bubba will probably triumph in that even after he loses in Best Member to Fynn.

Bubba
09-14-2019, 03:27 PM
My song is complete and has been recorded!

MLT Be A Diva will sit nicely alongside all my other Ciddies :D

Fynn
09-14-2019, 07:57 PM

inb4 Bubba actually sweepsI'm going to make a rule that a self-vote counts as a -5 to your votes tally so that should slow him down.

However, we are going to have a Best Member of All Time category where the only nominees are previous winners of Best Member so Bubba will probably triumph in that even after he loses in Best Member to Fynn.

lol as if there's any way I'd suddenly get best member this time. The time when there was even a sliver of a chance of that happening is long gone.

Also, all you guys who are actually waiting for that silly thunderdome - I have approximately 0 time to write my novel right now, and that's my main project. Do you seriously think I'll have the time to write the song? Also, my phone is currently out of commission so I wouldn't even be able to record it - hence I jokingly told Bubba to get back to me in two months.

Sorry to disappoint. Didn't realize people would seriously get on board with that.

Bubba
09-14-2019, 10:24 PM

lol as if there's any way I'd suddenly get best member this time. The time when there was even a sliver of a chance of that happening is long gone.

Also, all you guys who are actually waiting for that silly thunderdome - I have approximately 0 time to write my novel right now, and that's my main project. Do you seriously think I'll have the time to write the song? Also, my phone is currently out of commission so I wouldn't even be able to record it - hence I jokingly told Bubba to get back to me in two months.

Sorry to disappoint. Didn't realize people would seriously get on board with that.

Zero time to write your novel but you just managed 113 words telling us that you have zero time to write your novel.

:thumbsup:

Fynn
09-15-2019, 05:40 AM
Bubba, I have a one-year-old with a broken leg to take care of. I'm afraid no attempts you make to make me feel inadequate will be enough.

Bubba
09-16-2019, 02:01 PM
I didn't know that. All banter aside, I sincerely hope they recover quickly.

Mr Gashtacular
09-16-2019, 07:07 PM
haha that got awkward quickly

Del Murder
09-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Psy and I discussed and Fynn is allowed to assign a champion to fight for his honor in the Thunderdome.

Chibi Youkai
09-17-2019, 01:11 AM
Ooh, can I join in the brawl? Sounds like a good time.

Bubba
09-17-2019, 10:33 PM

Bubba
09-20-2019, 01:15 PM
So is Fynn happy to have Chibi as his nominated champion?

I am eagerly awaiting smiting my enemy and then standing victorious over their corpse. If it can't be Fynn's, then Chibi will have to do.

Chibi Youkai
09-20-2019, 07:55 PM
Brave words there, Bubba. We'll see who shall do the smiting.

Bubba
09-20-2019, 09:41 PM

escobert
09-26-2019, 12:35 PM
They were fun back when the forum was super active. After that though it kinda fell off and the same people won everything it seemed like.

Bubba
10-11-2019, 10:29 AM
So are we just declaring me the winner of the Thunderdome then?

I am happy with this.

Fynn
10-11-2019, 10:49 AM
over my dead body

i nominate jinx

Psychotic
10-11-2019, 12:43 PM
So are we just declaring me the winner of the Thunderdome then?

I am happy with this.But you haven't done anything either!

Chibi Youkai
10-11-2019, 12:57 PM
I don't think anyone's done anything except stare at each other. Your little post said "will be". There was no attempt there, so I figured it wasn't even worth paying attention to.

Bubba
10-11-2019, 01:36 PM
I have my song written, recorded and ready to go! I'm not posting until there is confirmation I have a challenger... and they are have theirs ready too.

Fynn
10-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Words are wind

Bubba
10-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Words are wind

Lucky them.

Better than being a prick.

Psychotic
10-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Better being a prick than being someone who thinks a state-of-the-art sandwich will spill onto the floor itself and not the contents of your stomach and/or bowels.

Chibi Youkai
10-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Wait, is this a singing competition now? Can i just just the recording of Suteki da ne that won me a ciddy.... god knows how many years ago? Um, if it even still exists.

Loony BoB
10-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Battle of the Britneys remains my fave singing competition of all time.

Jiro
10-23-2019, 04:12 AM

Night Fury
10-27-2019, 10:42 AM
Wow the Ciddies, that takes me back!

A nice reminder of how active EoFF used to be :)

Leeza
11-23-2019, 08:02 PM
RIP. :cat:

Chris
12-23-2019, 09:54 AM
I got these over the years:

:ciddie: - 2005: Weirdest Member
:ciddie: - 2005: Most Like to spend Hours Searching for the Lyrics to the Cosby Show :confused:
:ciddie: - 2013: Scariest Member
:ciddie: - 2013: Horniest Member

Christmas
05-18-2020, 12:27 PM
Congrats to all the winners

Strider
05-21-2020, 04:49 PM
I remember coming back after years away and then winning Best Thread. Perhaps my finest moment as a poster here.

Raistlin
06-16-2020, 12:33 AM
I've done a lot at EoFF, but one of the highlights was definitely hosting the Ciddies once. I never went to chat very often, but the chat reveal party was even great. I remember trolling people by sometimes changing up the order of reveals so people thought Sephex didn't win an award (again) and laughing as everyone flipped out. I even got the usual "Ciddies host bump" in popularity and pulled in 3 or 4 myself that time.

RIP Ciddies.

CimminyCricket
06-16-2020, 02:41 AM
I don't think I ever participated but once and it was fun. I think the political party voting thing was way better than the ciddies though

Dignified Pauper
06-16-2020, 08:19 PM
I don't think I ever participated but once and it was fun. I think the political party voting thing was way better than the ciddies though

I remember a certain journalist gazette that had all the makings of quality journalism during the election seasons.

CimminyCricket
06-16-2020, 08:27 PM

I remember a certain journalist gazette that had all the makings of quality journalism during the election seasons.

You're misremembering I'm sure

Dignified Pauper
06-17-2020, 02:58 AM

You're misremembering I'm sure

I'm not. It was me. I was the Journalist.

CimminyCricket
06-17-2020, 03:42 AM
You are a Menace.

Raistlin
06-17-2020, 05:24 AM

"Quality."

Dignified Pauper
06-17-2020, 11:56 AM
You are a Menace.
Thank you, bb 💖

"Quality."

It was damn near close to perfection.

Loony BoB
06-17-2020, 04:26 PM
Could've sworn you were in one of the Newbie Parties throughout the various elections, Cim. But then, memory work not great.

CimminyCricket
06-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Off the top of my head I can remember the BAMF party with FOA, but I think that might have been my first election. The elections in 2005 are what made me consider joining, I stalked this place for like a year.

Del Murder
06-17-2020, 08:53 PM
Are the history of Ciddies winners posted anywhere on the site? What about the lifetime achievement awards?

Loony BoB
06-17-2020, 10:14 PM
Not sure if they are still on the site itself, but here... this covers up to a certain point at the very least.

CimminyCricket
06-17-2020, 11:00 PM
It would be a in spreadsheet

Loony BoB
06-17-2020, 11:41 PM
It's the best way to store such information.

Freya
06-17-2020, 11:55 PM
Ah yeah that goes to 2014.

I still hold a grudge that y'all never voted me best CK/Staff. Here I am still around. :cry:

Del Murder
06-18-2020, 12:59 AM
Well, you would be a shoe-in for at least third place if we held it now.

Spuuky
06-18-2020, 02:26 AM
Don't feel too bad, I was never voted best CK/Staff either.

qwertysaur
06-19-2020, 09:33 PM

I still hold a grudge that y'all never voted me best CK/Staff. Here I am still around. :cry:
Even I won that once and that was during the period I basically did nothing because of schoolwork taking all my time. :p

CimminyCricket
06-20-2020, 07:34 PM
To quote Psy on my lack of having one a Ciddie period: it is a scandal

Raistlin
06-21-2020, 04:45 AM
I'm pretty sure at least 80% of my Ciddies were just goofy "Most Likely To" Ciddies. Though I did always enjoy winning MLT Get Together with Shlup, particularly during the summer Ciddies, when it would be close to our joint birthday/anniversary.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-21-2020, 06:38 PM

As a former member of staff I hereby decree that you have retroactively received the "MLT Still Be Around" Ciddie.

Here you go. I asked Award Guy if it was okay.

:ciddie:

Also I think at this point if you had just said "Thanks guys for that time I won best staff!" no one would call you on it or double check.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-21-2020, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys for that time I won best staff!

escobert
06-21-2020, 10:43 PM
It was cooling winning a ciddie like 15 years ago :roll2

Wolf Kanno
06-22-2020, 07:24 AM

I think I started doing better in the Ciddies after I quit staff. I also never got best CK, but looking back on who was also a CK when I was makes it pretty clear why. Definitely the wallflower of that bunch.

I think my highest achievement was managing to be nominated for Best Member, which I honestly never thought would happen. :lol:

theundeadhero
06-22-2020, 01:37 PM
I won most of the ones I cared about. Never made Best Member, but I was nominated a few times and won a Best Post once. I never made best CK either, but I did get a best Site Staff and a Highwind for Site Staff, which meant a lot more to me. The rest were mostly randoms but I still laugh at the Ciddies I won best Recognized Member and Most Unrecognized Member at the same time.

Bubba
06-22-2020, 10:20 PM
I think it’s worth pointing out that I’ve officially been EoFF’s Best and Funniest Member for the last three-and-a-half years.

Raistlin
06-23-2020, 12:32 AM
I don't think I was ever even nominated for Best Member/Best Male. I also never won a Best Staff/Editor award, but I was an Editor when Aul and Locky were tearing shit up writing a gazillion articles, so I never had much of a shot. I think Best Article and Best Poster were the most significant awards I was given, both of which I was happy with.

I'm pretty sure I also won Evilest Member at least twice, which is clearly an honor.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-23-2020, 03:31 AM
I went from Most Underrated to Best Veteran.

Still bewildered by both and didn't think I deserved either of them.

Aerith's Knight
06-27-2020, 09:22 PM
I, for one, won't miss them. They were all rigged, I tell ya! Paul was just buying out votes with moogle hugs!

And I'm not saying that just because the only Ciddie I ever won was "Most likely to get banned".

Well, I never did. So there. :)

Primus Inter Pares
06-27-2020, 09:22 PM
And I'm not saying that just because the only Ciddie I ever won was "Most likely to get banned".

I did, and was :(, not that I didn't thoroughly deserve it for my actions AFTER the ban, but I still think the who had the best hair in FFX-2 thread was not a bannable offence.

Aerith's Knight
06-27-2020, 09:27 PM

I did, and was :(, not that I didn't thoroughly deserve it for my actions AFTER the ban, but I still think the who had the best hair in FFX-2 thread was not a bannable offence.

Well.. it was a thread on head hair, right? :D

Primus Inter Pares
06-27-2020, 09:35 PM

Well.. it was a thread on head hair, right? :D
It was actually, it was an incredibly petty, but hilarious, indictment of the lack of moderation on the X-2 section of the forums which were rampant with terrible threads lusting over the main characters. See also My Kuja (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/77084-My-Kuja).

Aerith's Knight
06-27-2020, 09:50 PM
All that I can really remember from the FF sections was that there was one user.. I think it was Laddy? Or Wolf?.. that was always making up ridiculous theories on game lore.

Oh man, he'd have a field day with the philosophical mess that was the FF7 remake. :D

Loony BoB
06-27-2020, 09:56 PM
Future Esthar perhaps?

Aerith's Knight
06-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Future Esthar perhaps?

Oh yeah! He had a Laguna avatar, if I remember correctly.

I still remember he was over analyzing a blurred image of 5 pixels in the background in a FF8 thread one day (I guess he got bored), and I got so fed up I drew a rough outline of a walker from Star wars on it. I then made some silly theory on it to annoy him. :D

Christmas
06-28-2020, 12:46 AM
Future Esthar perhaps?

I still remember he was over analyzing a blurred image of 5 pixels in the background in a FF8 thread one day (I guess he got bored), and I got so fed up I drew a rough outline of a walker from Star wars on it. I then made some silly theory on it to annoy him. :D

Omg, that chap was legendary! He is like the epitome of FF Theories Analysts! :bigsmile:

Lord Golbez
06-28-2020, 05:04 AM
Sounds like a dude who went by Himura Kenshin who once wrote a thesis on Tidus' yellow shoes.

Aerith's Knight
06-28-2020, 11:56 AM
Not sure if they are still on the site itself, but here... this covers up to a certain point at the very least.

Holey moley. It seems I won a ton of awards. And I didn't even remember.

Shame on me.

Future Esthar perhaps?

Omg, that chap was legendary! He is like the epitome of FF Theories Analysts! :bigsmile:

But at least we know the REAL time compression theory now. :D Or at least 6 of them.

Christmas
09-11-2022, 02:17 AM
This reminds me to vote for the latest Ciddies. :bigsmile:

PS: Psychotic is going to sweep

PSPS: Congrats to all the winners.

PSPSPS: Pls share the interesting Ciddies' stories that happened.