PDA

View Full Version : Console Wars Current Gen

Ayen
08-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Which platform do you like the best in the current generation of the console wars? I want a nice clean war, no guns, no knives, no nuking, and no name calling.

I can't really vote because I haven't been able to play any yet, but I'm leaning towards the Nintendo Switch because I can play it as a handheld device and have room for it in my house when I get back home. But if I have the room I'd probably get a PlayStation 4.

Discuss.

Psychotic
08-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Dunno. I like both my PS4 and my Switch but I use them for different types of gaming. Some days I'm in the mood for one, other days I want something else.

Fynn
08-10-2019, 05:24 PM
PC

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2019, 07:28 PM
I feel it's really only between the PS4 and Switch at this point. The XONE isn't a bad console by any means, but I feel the other two systems have the type of exclusive games that scratch my gaming itch much better. Unlike my PS3, I have not regretted picking up a PS4. Barring Sony changing around how online gaming works on the system by taking a chapter out of Microsoft's books, I feel the PS4 is a stronger system overall from its predecessor. The Switch is just an interesting novelty as usual for Nintendo, but I feel Nintendo finally made a system with a strong library of titles for it overall, which I feel they haven't accomplished since the Gamecube days.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-10-2019, 07:34 PM
The Switch probably takes the cake for me, though I like all the systems. I like that I can easily switch between portable and playing on the tv, and the Switch has a lot of great games.

Ayen
08-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Well, hell I was expecting everyone to vote for PlayStation. Sounds like the Switch is worth getting after all.

Slothy
08-10-2019, 08:28 PM
The XONE isn't a bad console by any means, but I feel the other two systems have the type of exclusive games that scratch my gaming itch much better.

Could basically change this to the other two have exclusive games. Microsoft don't seem to like making many serious attempts at those lately.

Anyway I'll say Switch because it's the one I'm more interested in having. Might pick up a used PS4 sometime in the next year but 99% of the reason is I want to play Bloodborne. There's other stuff I might like on there, but not many that I couldn't live without playing someday. The Switch I like more for it's handheld capabilities than anything else.

FFNut
08-11-2019, 03:38 AM
I wish I had a switch. As for just gaming I prefer the Xboxone but wish they would do better at getting exclusive titles. I think the XBOne is the better system overall in preformance.

WarZidane
08-11-2019, 03:49 AM
Since I don't care about portability, PS4 for me. More exclusive games that I enjoy, better performance on non-exclusive games (in the case they even reach the Switch)

Xbox One is of course a non-competitor, MS screwed the pooch this gen.

Lord Golbez
08-12-2019, 02:32 PM
I'm sticking with PS4. Designwise, Swjtch might be a better console, but PS4 still has better games overall.

Loony BoB
08-14-2019, 06:41 PM
PS4 for the overall lifespan of each console. It has oodles of awesome games. Switch arguably has risen up close in the past couple of years but not to the point that I feel it has the better of PS4.

I'm grateful I can have both.

Ayen
08-17-2019, 01:24 AM
We need five more votes for Xbox One so the vote results can read 666.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-06-2019, 01:48 PM
I bought a Switch for Pumpkin last Christmas, but she really hasn't used it for all that much after Breath of the Wild. Maybe 3 more games? She likes the system, but I don't know if it would be her favorite.

I'll vote for the PS4 just because that's what I use the most.

Del Murder
09-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Dunno. I like both my PS4 and my Switch but I use them for different types of gaming. Some days I'm in the mood for one, other days I want something else.
Same here. I voted Switch since I can take it on the go, but PS4 so far has had more games I really liked.

Bubba
09-09-2019, 02:20 PM
PS4 for me. I don't think there's too much in it between the PS4 and the XONE. Exclusive titles give it a massive edge though.

Jury is still out on the Switch. I've only had mine a few weeks and I'm definitely enjoying it. Mainly as a handheld though. I rarely use it on the big screen.

Aulayna
09-09-2019, 10:08 PM
something something PC master race