PDA

View Full Version : We've had breakfast... so, what's for lunch?

Aulayna
10-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Will you be drinking soup or will you be eating it?

Jiro
10-23-2019, 04:15 AM
Lunch is almost always leftovers for me, which means I don't have to go through the tortuous decision making process more than once per day. Today it is chicken quesadilla.

Bubba
10-23-2019, 11:16 AM
Pitta bread and humous. Every day.

It's cheap and I have no money at the minute.

Freya
10-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Sometimes leftovers other times meal prepped. I try to be 2/3 vegetarian as I call it lol. So I only eat meat for dinner. But that isn't always true.

Honestly, it depends if I procrastinate on getting my meals together for the work week.

Aulayna
10-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Lunch is almost always leftovers for me, which means I don't have to go through the tortuous decision making process more than once per day. Today it is chicken quesadilla.

I could go for those right about now.

cloud_doll
10-27-2019, 08:44 AM
I work at a preschool so I get free lunch every day during the week. It spoils me so on the weekends I almost always go out for lunch, haha.
Today though I had my favorite hangover food for lunch: hamburger!

Night Fury
10-27-2019, 10:39 AM
I tend to have snack lunches.

But one of my favourite things right now at work is our Wednesday 'Fakeaways'. We'll each make a component for a lunch and then eat it together. This week I was on meat so I made spicy chicken wings, colleague brought a nice asian salad, other colleague made a cake. Very good mid week break up.

Cell
10-28-2019, 07:34 PM
A sandwich usually. I went full on at KFC on payday today, though.

Mr Gashtacular
10-31-2019, 08:14 PM
on work from home days, i make stuff like this a lot: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q-IMBgAAQBAJ&lpg=PT8&ots=ENdesfbvv5&dq=economy%20noodles%20101%20asian&pg=PT182#v=onepage&q&f=false super easy and fast.

i cook a lot of chinese food also, for similar reasons. it is also pretty much healthy, especially considering i started skipping breakfast.

on office days its a bit trickier, i cant always plan ahead (i dont know what day is an office day until the night before sometimes) and usually get something from the local supermarket.

Chibi Youkai
11-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Work provides lunch. Today it was a barely edible "cordon bleu" with some overcooked veggies and fries.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-01-2019, 08:20 PM
I usually try to get some cold cuts and bread from the supermarket deli bakery and eat that as lunch for the week. The monotony gets broken up with left overs or the weekly lunch out we do to treat the intern.

Sarisa
11-04-2019, 10:21 PM
If it's a work day I usually get either Subway or chicken from our deli (tenders, general tso's, bbq, etc.). If it's a school day it's a packed lunch of Mac + cheese, chips, pudding, juice, and one other rotating item so I don't go completely insane. If it's a day off at home I have leftovers, or ramen if we don't have anything good. I generally look forward to work lunches the most unless there are some particularly good leftovers like pizza or cheeseburgers.

Cell
12-02-2019, 09:04 PM
I usually just go with a sandwich and a packet of crisps.

Today was a ham and cheese one with black pepper.

Christmas
04-06-2023, 04:06 PM
I will put some rice on that fat kid and I will be having my sushi. :bigsmile: