PDA

View Full Version : The Best Gift

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2019, 11:05 PM
What is the best gift you ever gave to someone else? What about the best gift you ever received?

Darth Ganon
12-17-2019, 05:32 AM
I don't think I would be able to determine an absolute best, but there are some notable ones.

My "Red Rider BB gun" when I was little was the Tyco Crash Test Center and one year I actually got it. Another year I got a Sega Genesis. For my 10th birthday I got Sonic & Knuckles which (connected with Sonic 3) became my all time favorite game.

My birthday this year was nice in that I got a Death Star mug from my mom and my girlfriend made me a taco dinosaur blanket.

I have a hard time thinking of good gifts for people. It's nice when I actually think of something that they end up using for a long time. I got my mom a knife set one Christmas that is still in use. As well as a couple frying pans another year. Most gifts I get her I feel fall flat.

I made a charm bracelet for my girlfriend's birthday this year signifying various moments in our relationship. Her birthday the year before when we were still only friends I got her some tiny hands you put on your fingers. Those made her day.

Aulayna
12-17-2019, 10:22 PM
In terms of best gifts I've ever gotten - both of them come from EoFF'ers:

One was this unexpected card (which Locky is still an absolute BAE for): http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160599-This-isn-t-just-any-Christmas-card?p=3492444#post3492444

The other was, many, MANY years ago, Pike got me a Nintendo DS. Which I still feel kinda bad about it as it probably hit her finances pretty hard. But it's still so appreciated.

I think the best gift I've ever given was a watercolor painting set for my Nan. She was never really much for painting, but on a family holiday a few years ago we went to a painting workshop as something to do. She was really proud of her painting. The gift was originally meant as a bit of a joke, but she ended up loving it!

Chris
12-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Proposed to my partner on Christmas Eve. :)

Vasher
01-19-2020, 09:49 AM
Best gift that I ever gave was so mind blowingly phenomenal that Lonely Island (Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg) wrote a song and made a music video about it. Brilliantly simple, a piece of thundering heaven in a box... “it’s a d*** ina a box!”