PDA

View Full Version : this is now a Euros thread

The Captain
09-14-2020, 06:45 PM
And we're back! Feels kinda like we never left with Champions league just finishing up less than 3 weeks ago at this point but soccer/futbol season is here and it's time for the annual predictions.

After the high, then suspended angst and ultimate triumph of Liverpool "last" year, it still seems like the feeling hasn't sunk in yet. I admit, without fans, something was certainly missing and that's why I predict that they repeat this year. Not just because of the fans but because this squad feels like it's on a last hurrah kind of quest. With very little transfer activity to speak of so far, Klopp is banking on everyone who is here knowing their role and executing it. Salah clearly looks like a man on a mission so far this season and while I do have some concerns about the midfield, I still think Liverpool remains the team to beat before a lot of things change next off season. It could also be a last push of sorts for City and Pep though I feel like they still feel a player short up front and defense.

Behind them, I have been impressed with Arsenal so far and am very curious what the like of Chelsea and the Manchesters will do. I actually have a higher feeling about United than City though that can all change if they buy a couple big players before October. So much remains in flux!

Without further adieu, here are my table predictions:

Liverpool
United
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Wolves
Leicester
Everton
Spurs
Leeds
Southampton
Newcastle
Sheffield
Brighton
Crystal Palace
Burnley
West Ham
Aston Villa
Fulham
West Brom

Champions League: Feels more wide open than in the past with Messi's last stand, possibly Pep's at City and PSG really needing to show they belong in the elites this year. Feels boring to say Bayern Munich again so I'll wait to see what the Champions league group draw is before making a pick here.

FA Cup: Arsenal - Feels like the annual rite of passage at this point.

Player of the Year: Mo Salah

First Manager Sacked: My head and heart say Jose gets fed up and leaves, but probably Scott Parker.

Take care all.

Spuuky
09-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Leeds to Europe

Psychotic
09-15-2020, 07:24 AM
I can’t see past a Man City title win given their squad depth.

Given that everyone else is tipping Leeds for good things, I’m tipping them for a relegation battle. They’ll have a good start to the season but will slowly start to slide down the table in January. That initial run of points will keep them clear from whichever of Villa or West Ham has a bounce.

The Captain
09-15-2020, 07:13 PM
I can’t see past a Man City title win given their squad depth.

Given that everyone else is tipping Leeds for good things, I’m tipping them for a relegation battle. They’ll have a good start to the season but will slowly start to slide down the table in January. That initial run of points will keep them clear from whichever of Villa or West Ham has a bounce.

As presently built, I still think City need another striker since Aguero has gotten hurt a lot lately, is probably past his prime and they need to pull the trigger on a top central defender. They have an insane amount of midfield and winger depth and obviously, the money to buy, but those are the two holes I think need to be filled before I think they run away with anything.

Take care all.

Rocket Edge
09-18-2020, 12:05 AM
So I did a title predictor on social media before the season and I predicted strong season's for Arsenal and Leeds. My top four was City, Liverpool, United, & Arsenal. I also wouldn't be surprised with Liverpool finishing below first or second with a drop in form, though with Thiago on board that's bound to give them a lift. It's all very hard to predict though this season with many teams looking strong. Bale coming back would be great to watch. James to Everton? On paper everything looks so well set up!

I also believe United will sign Sancho eventually before deadline, even if the Glazers are grabbing every inch of revenue they possibly can from the club.

Oh and relegation I put in West Brom, Fulham, and Palace. Looks like Palace are pretty solid again though.

Spuuky
01-27-2021, 11:14 PM
How did Manchester United do today? I missed the match.

Loony BoB
01-30-2021, 11:18 AM
oh man, we played rubbish in that game, but I don't often say this: We were robbed by the ref regardless, at least of a point if not a win. I couldn't believe that VAR didn't cancel that first goal. Blew my mind. Disallowing our goal for a weaker offence was mind boggling.

Psychotic
01-30-2021, 11:33 AM
oh man, we played rubbish in that game, but I don't often say this: We were robbed by the ref regardless, at least of a point if not a win. I couldn't believe that VAR didn't cancel that first goal. Blew my mind. Disallowing our goal for a weaker offence was mind boggling.welcome to my world (https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4182135/how-var-decisions-affected-every-premier-league-club-in-2020-21)

https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1029%2Fr767840_1296x729_16%2D9.png&w=570&format=jpg

This still makes me feel sick.

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0112%2Fr800921_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

This one was when I just accepted fate.

Should be top of the league but VAR went balls deep and now we're just 4th place trophy Centre Back hobos. Can we have Phil Jones please

Spuuky
01-30-2021, 04:45 PM
VAR is generally good but the way it interacts with millimeters of someone's shoulder being possibly beyond a defender is very bad. I think that they need to figure out a way to say "if it's THAT close, it's fine" but I'm not sure what that rule wording would need to be.

Loony BoB
01-30-2021, 05:33 PM
Simply go with it as it is - if VAR thinks it's a fine line, give benefit of doubt to the attacker. For our goals it was all about keeper contact though.

Old Manus
01-31-2021, 11:49 AM
Don't you know, pump it up, the jacks are going up ����

Loony BoB
02-02-2021, 10:06 PM
VAR watch!

First red card: Easy red.
Cavani foul/penalty: Could have gone either way. I felt it was a penalty, but I can just about understand it.
Adams goal: Absolutely should have been a goal.
Second red card: It was absolutely a penalty, and he was the last man. The arguments given by the commentator against it just didn't fly for me, and he was repeatedly asking for pity on Southampton throughout. :roll2

Should be 9-1 atm (it's 8-0 with a couple of minutes to go).

Psychotic
02-03-2021, 09:30 AM
VAR watch: Null and void that entire game because for fuck's sake I had Bednarek in my fantasy football team

Loony BoB
02-03-2021, 03:02 PM
xD ouch

Vortes
02-20-2021, 12:50 PM
What do you guys think about this season?!

Pokersis
02-20-2021, 01:12 PM
Well, the 2020-2021 season from my point of view has to be the most unpredictable season in most of the leagues, and a couple of weeks ago even the premier league was unpredictable. However right now, I guess most of us would agree that Manchester City are the only team in a good form, and deserving to win the league title.

Loony BoB
02-25-2021, 02:28 PM
Yeah, there's no stopping them at this point. Pretty impressive considering their prime players have had injuries. For my team, we've improved a lot since last season but we still have a way to go. We've got the build for a great side but just need that special someone, probably a forward - sounds odd saying that considering how we've scored more goals than any team this season but I think our defence isn't all that bad, we just need to finish more chances. Rashford squanders a fair few, Martial doesn't have the determination I feel is needed, and Greenwood is still building up. Cavani has been great but obviously we can't rely on him as he's getting on in years. I think if we are able to grab one of either Sancho or Haaland then I'd be very excited. But that's a big ask. May as well be overly optimistic and ask for both, right? :shobon:

Old Manus
04-20-2021, 09:23 PM
And yea, history will remember when Manchester United and Liverpool almost killed football

Psychotic
04-20-2021, 09:47 PM
You'd hope so but more likely it'll be forgotten about within about 6 months. Just like all their other get rich quick schemes like the 39th game and Project Big Picture.

Spuuky
04-20-2021, 11:12 PM
It has definitely been a couple of days, hasn't it?

Fuck all these teams.

The Captain
05-05-2021, 01:32 AM
Good old Jose, going back to Serie A. Looking forward to more press conference fights with Conte and him once again being gone within 3 years. That's about as even money as it gets right now.

Curious how teams will spend this off season since COVID ravaged everyone's finances and the failed coup scuttled all their big payday schemes.

At this point, I just want this season to be over. I remain bitterly disillusioned with the state of things in many ways and really just miss hearing and seeing fans during big games again.

These no atmosphere games are soul draining and not just because it clearly has taken a toll on the teams, City aside since they long ago sold their souls for a big payout.

Here's to better days ahead, maybe.

Take care all.

Spuuky
05-05-2021, 03:24 PM
City aside since they long ago sold their souls for a big payout. People do love saying this about a team that is still not the top-spending team in their own city. I mean, they are right - but increasing your salaries to simply at least come close to the top-spenders is the only way to compete in a non-salary-capped league. I would still be inclined to call out the actual biggest spender first.

Psychotic
05-13-2021, 10:27 PM
haha more like man POO nited am i rite we had FOUR defenders better than harry maguire out injured and still won lmao bubba is a piss gremlin

Look, I know we're still Europa bound but I've watched five months of awful, awful football, just let me have this one thing.

Psychotic
05-16-2021, 07:03 PM
I think I’ve aged 15 years this weekend. smurf me this sport is brutal and beautiful.

Delighted for Leicester and for Alisson, both really poignant after all that’s happened.

The Captain
05-17-2021, 05:31 AM
I think I’ve aged 15 years this weekend. smurf me this sport is brutal and beautiful.

Delighted for Leicester and for Alisson, both really poignant after all that’s happened.

I would thoroughly enjoy Leicester somehow knocking Chelsea off again but the way this season would go, Chelsea would finish 5th but then win the Champions League final anyway.

If Liverpool some how finish Top 4 this season, it might be Klopp's biggest achievement and that is AFTER winning a friggin Champions League and the League. Losing VVD and basically every defender that has stepped on the field, during COVID, no fans, isolated from family, just surreal. Chills equal to Origi's goals against Everton and Barca.

Was also so great to see such genuine joy from the entire team, you can see how much they really care for him. Thought he gave a great post match interview as well. Maybe we need him to play as a target man going forward.

Take care all. YNWA.

typhil01
05-18-2021, 08:16 AM
We hope that Liverpool will have no problems with Burnley!

The Captain
05-23-2021, 07:00 PM
In the end, congrats to City and a helluva EPL career for Kun Aguero. As long as Pep is there, they will remain the favorite.

It's going to be a very strange offseason. If Kane does leave, where does he land? That could alter the landscape quite a bit, not just for where he goes but what Spurs do from there. Likewise, this might truly be the end of an era for Arsenal as they aren't playing in European competition at all next season for the first time since I can remember.

Very glad Leicester won that FA Cup, they deserved some kind of silverware after two very good but ultimately disappointing campaigns. It's wild that they spend basically every week except for the last two in the Top 4 but finish 5th twice.

I'm still not even sure how Liverpool finished 3rd but I'll take it. I'm actually very excited to see what Thiago can do with a full season, though really it'll be the return to full health of VVD that lifts us up the most.

Goodbye and well wishes to Gini Wijnaldum too. The more I have come to understand and follow the deeper parts of the game, what he provided week in and week out will be deeply missed between positional spacing, shielding and ball retention. If I were him, I'd go to Bayern or maybe even Dortmund. Barca seem like a team that is in the midst of a real crisis next year and he deserves a good opportunity to shine.

All in all, I got the top 4 right but in the wrong order for 1st and 3rd. I definitely was too high on Arsenal and Sheffield United as well.

On to the Champions League Final, The Euros and then we'll do it all again! so glad fans are back too.

Take care all.

typhil01
05-24-2021, 08:00 AM
Nice two goals from Aguero!

Psychotic
05-24-2021, 08:06 AM
Aguero is the best finisher the league has ever seen. With Silva and Kompany leaving in previous years it feels like the end of an era.

Ugh for Spurs and Chelsea.

For Liverpool, wow. The main three centre backs, Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip are injured and out for the season. Okay, let’s sign two new CBs in January for cover, Kabak and Davies. They are also both injured and hilariously Davies never played a minute for the club. No worries let’s play Henderson at CB oh wait nope he’s out for the season too now.

So somehow we’ve gone on a mad run with our 6th and 7th choice CBs who both - naturally - picked up head injuries in the final game. What the hell is going on? It’s like there’s a strange voodoo curse on the CB position.

Nat Phillips is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself though.

Loony BoB
05-25-2021, 05:41 PM
Finally, I can vote in the poll. ;)

Psychotic
05-25-2021, 06:16 PM
same

Spuuky
05-25-2021, 09:15 PM
sameYour prediction is 1 year too early

typhil01
05-31-2021, 07:47 AM
Congratulations to Chelsea on the win. To be honest I was rooting for City, but I was very impressed with Chelsea's game!

WarZidane
06-18-2021, 10:42 PM
Y'all have a thread for the premier league but not Euro? Where am I going to rub it in that England couldn't even beat Scotland? :(

Spuuky
06-19-2021, 01:19 AM
This is the honorary thread for all kickorb

Rooting interests, from highest to lowest priority:

Anyone facing England
Anyone facing Portugal
Wales
Scotland
Any random major underdog

If I have to pick a Traditional Powerhouse to win I guess my choice is Italy simply because it has been the longest since they've been good, of the big teams.

Psychotic
06-19-2021, 10:02 AM
Now now, England did quite well given that on paper Scotland are the better team.

Can you look at that England squad and say that any of them are truly the best in the world in their position? Scotland have the best left back in the world, Champions League and Premier League winning Andy Robertson. Who did England have? Podgy sulky Europa League bottle job Luke Shaw. What a mismatch.

And let’s not forget that one of the teams had a limited, immobile championship level striker upfront, and the other one had Lyndon Dykes.
Y'all have a thread for the premier league but not Euro? Where am I going to rub it in that England couldn't even beat Scotland? :(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57250376This u? :p Netherlands have world class players like Wijnaldum and Van Dijk, so unlike England you have no excuses!

WarZidane
06-19-2021, 11:13 AM
Now now, England did quite well given that on paper Scotland are the better team.

Can you look at that England squad and say that any of them are truly the best in the world in their position? Scotland have the best left back in the world, Champions League and Premier League winning Andy Robertson. Who did England have? Podgy sulky Europa League bottle job Luke Shaw. What a mismatch.

And let’s not forget that one of the teams had a limited, immobile championship level striker upfront, and the other one had Lyndon Dykes.
Y'all have a thread for the premier league but not Euro? Where am I going to rub it in that England couldn't even beat Scotland? :(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57250376This u? :p Netherlands have world class players like Wijnaldum and Van Dijk, so unlike England you have no excuses!

But England's 4th on the FIFA rankings! Though honestly I don't know how they calculate those.

To be fair I haven't been paying attention to football in a long while, thanks to Netherlands just being in complete shambles the past 5-6 years. From what I see/hear a lot of the traditional powerhouses are having that phase where they have to switch to the new generation and are hesitant to do so which only delays a return to form.

Quindiana Jones
06-19-2021, 06:43 PM
I don't especially enjoy or care for football, but man I love watching people talk about football.

I spent two hours last night have Roy Keane chatting about players in the background.

The Captain
06-21-2021, 10:17 PM
So far both Italy and the Dutch have looked very strong. I'll be extremely curious to see who else advances, especially out of Group F. Denmark could be a real live wildcard, especially with their next matchup against Wales who aside from Bale don't have much in the way of a true attacking threat.

I had a pre Euro prediction of an Italy - France final and I might stick to that if the bracket unfolds that way.

England might be better off drawing against the Czech Republic tomorrow and stay 2nd to avoid playing the second place finisher in Group F but who knows? At the least, they definitely need to change up their lineup.

Take care all.

- Devin

krissy
06-23-2021, 03:34 PM
russia got destroyed the other day
just a barrage of attacks against the goalie, no fault of his

WarZidane
06-24-2021, 11:01 AM
Well, last night sure was a wild ride.

I saw someone made an image of the group standings for each goal:

Spuuky
06-24-2021, 08:07 PM
Updated list for round of 16:

Anyone facing England
Anyone facing Portugal
Wales
Czech Republic
Sweden

krissy
06-24-2021, 08:10 PM
it's nice of poland to send lewandowski to the euros but i feel like it'd be good if they had sent a team with him too, it being a team sport and all

WarZidane
06-24-2021, 08:22 PM
Updated list for round of 16:

Anyone facing England
Anyone facing Portugal
Wales
Czech Republic
Sweden

Why you gotta do the Netherlands dirty like that

Anyway, my predictions for the round of 16:

Wales - Denmark: No idea, apparently Denmark's got a good team? But Wales is becoming a popular underdog? I'll go with Denmark.
Italy - Austria: Italy, I'll be absolutely and utterly shocked if Austria wins this.
Netherlands - Czech Republic: Netherlands, because obviously I gotta go with my country
Belgium - Portugal: Belgium, yeah they had an easier group than Portugal but Portugal has not impressed, at all
Croatia - Spain: I mean..I would say Spain, but apparently Spain kind of sucks these days? So no idea. Croatia.
France - Switzerland: This one's just mean, RIP Switzerland
Germany - England: Bit of a crapshoot here because neither team has impressed, but I'm gonna say Germany.
Sweden - Ukraine: Sweden, not expecting this to be much of a contest.

Psychotic
06-24-2021, 11:06 PM
it's nice of poland to send lewandowski to the euros but i feel like it'd be good if they had sent a team with him too, it being a team sport and allthe disrespect to zielinski

I agree with all of WZ's predictions except I'm backing Spain over Croatia. Croatia somehow contrived to be worse than England in the opener and did not impress me at all. At least Spain had the Slovakia rout. It's going to be one hell of a smurfing boring game though. As is France-Switzerland and England-Germany to be honest, though I think the Spain-Croatia tie will be the worst. The other ties should all be bangers though and I'm looking forward to them.

Spuuky
06-24-2021, 11:44 PM
Why you gotta do the Netherlands dirty like thatSorry man bad luck to be facing the least probable remaining tournament winner

Spuuky
06-27-2021, 06:40 PM
lul Frank de Boer sucks so much

WarZidane
06-27-2021, 10:21 PM
Didn't see either match but heard the Belgium - Portugal one was typical Portugal jackassery, glad to see they lost anyway.

As for Netherlands, well, they weren't gonna win it anyway so doesn't really matter to me whether they go out in this round or the next :p

Psychotic
06-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Croatia somehow contrived to be worse than England in the opener and did not impress me at all. At least Spain had the Slovakia rout. It's going to be one hell of a smurfing boring game though... I think the Spain-Croatia tie will be the worst.Well this was a red hot smurfing take wasn't it. I almost didn't watch this one, but I'm glad I am.

Psychotic
06-28-2021, 09:46 PM
As is France-Switzerlandoh dear

Look, England - Germany is going to be the worst I swear

WarZidane
06-28-2021, 10:46 PM
What a bizarre world we live in.

Psychotic
06-28-2021, 10:50 PM
What a fantastic world we live in. Football is the fucking best.

krissy
06-29-2021, 02:16 PM
wow yesterday was ridiculous hey
14 points in two games, not to mention penalty kicks

WarZidane
06-29-2021, 10:53 PM
oh no, at this rate the biennial "it's coming home" meme might actually be coming true for once

anyway looking back at my R16 predictions, i'm clearly garbage at this. Looking at the current teams, my prediction would be Belgium - England in the final now, which means it'll actually be Switzerland - Czech Republic.

krissy
06-30-2021, 12:45 AM
I feel like a lot of unexpected things are happening this time

Psychotic
06-30-2021, 07:56 AM
oh no, at this rate the biennial "it's coming home" meme might actually be coming true for once.It always comes true, the actual meaning behind it. In that you know deep down it can never happen, but you lose your mind in euphoria and believe and dream anyway, the England paradox.

Although I think online, England fans know nobody really likes England and do it to be as obnoxious as possible. It’s a bit different offline.

I still think Italy have been the best team and think they’ll win it. England will beat Ukraine and lose to Denmark in the semis.

Old Manus
07-03-2021, 10:00 PM
Errr...lads

The Captain
07-06-2021, 01:01 AM
While a Spain - Denmark final would be just about perfect for the pundits to lose their minds over, Italy and England have really looked like the two strongest team and both for the opposite of their usual persona: Italy with flair and England with sturdy defense. It's very bizarre as someone who grew up learning about the histories of these teams to see them re-invent themselves this way. Italy for certain have a chip on their shoulder after missing the World Cup and England is the land of chips.... makes for a great final few games before soccer goes to sleep for a few weeks.

Also, something tells me Messi finally might break his international curse at the Copa and a Brasil-Argentina final would be a lot of fun.

Take care all.

Psychotic
07-06-2021, 11:09 PM
Wow. That felt like a final. Honestly it doesn't matter who wins England v Denmark because neither are good enough to beat whoever won this game.

Italy do deserve it though, of the four semi-finalists they've been the only one who have played well from the start, although obviously Denmark had significant extenuating circumstances. Spain have improved no end after that awful start to the tournament and they played some really nice football tonight.

I think tomorrow's game goes to extra time for sure, and maybe penalties too. I can’t see it being resolved in the 90.

Spuuky
07-07-2021, 02:40 AM
I hope Denmark wins by 10

Pedri is awfully good for an 18 year old.

WarZidane
07-07-2021, 10:14 PM
It'd be easy to blame the refs for that undeserved penalty but honestly Sterling had been fishing for one a while now, Denmark kind of deserves it for allowing him to get one at that point

(also I only watched the second half but judging by that, England was dominating Denmark anyway)

Psychotic
07-07-2021, 10:46 PM
It wasn't a penalty, but I can't really say Denmark deserved to win either. They were camped in their own half from the 60th minute onwards, playing for penalties and making lots of tactical fouls. When you do that, you invite the risk of decisions being made against you.

Would be devastated to go out to that if I was Danish though.

Shauna
07-07-2021, 11:05 PM
oh god football might be coming home we'll never hear the end of this

Old Manus
07-07-2021, 11:44 PM
ERR LADS

Spuuky
07-08-2021, 02:18 AM
If FIFA had any balls in how they chose to have referees enforce rules Sterling would have had several yellow cards for diving by the time of his decisive dive (of course, his behavior would be different if there were actual consequences for diving).

The Captain
07-08-2021, 10:04 PM
If FIFA had any balls in how they chose to have referees enforce rules Sterling would have had several yellow cards for diving by the time of his decisive dive (of course, his behavior would be different if there were actual consequences for diving).

Whether it was a dive or the slightest of slight bits of contact, what about as well the stranger other point: there were somehow TWO balls on the pitch at that very moment and the ref didn’t notice it or blow the play dead. So much seems to be left to the whims of the ref either choosing or ignoring the rules especially in big games and yet, there are always these random things that happen too. Ah sports.

England ended up being the stronger, fitter side and credit to Southgate for managing the team very well. They were more fresh going into extra time and really played the game smartly when they got their fortunate lead.

It’s been a fun tournament in a lot of ways with unexpected results. Can Italy finish their redemption tour? Will England actually finish their own?

I thought Italy were the best side I saw all tournament but something strange is going on with this English side. They are playing in a very un-English way and that might just do the job.

2-1 England AET.

And for good measure:

3-2 Argentina AET.

Validation for Messi, endless posturing for England.

Take care all.

Spuuky
07-09-2021, 05:50 AM
I don't really care about the two balls. It was not interfering with the play.

WarZidane
07-11-2021, 11:06 PM
Order has been restored in the world.

The heck was that penalty, Rashford?

Psychotic
07-11-2021, 11:32 PM
The best team of the tournament won. You can't say any fairer than that, though losing on penalties is always the most bitter pill regardless of the circumstances. But, this is what the song of it's coming home really means you know.

krissy
07-11-2021, 11:47 PM
their possession was much higher, though it honestly didn't seem like it

yeah penalties in a final are bittersweet

krissy
07-12-2021, 03:55 AM
when's the next big kickball

The Captain
07-12-2021, 04:02 AM
I really really REALLY didn't like the decision to bring on the penalty takers with no time left on the clock. They had barely had a kick in the game and now suddenly needed to go from ice cold to white hot into the biggest fire. Kane looked spent as they first made it to extra time and England's lack of a plan B behind him is what keeps hurting them. They instead have to keep him up front in there when they could have maybe done a full re-shuffle, bring in Sancho and Rashford early into extra time and go for it. It also would have had the added bonus of getting both of them into the match further. As a side note, Saka, I give all the credit in the world to for having the courage to step up to the spot in his first major tournament. His future remains really bright, especially if he leaves Arsenal ;)

I've never understood it from any angle in sports. In basketball you always pick the player on the bench to shoot a free throw when given the chance, you always try to ice a kicker in American football, etc, etc. It's all about rhythm and timing and getting comfortable. Why would you intentionally do it to your own team?

Italy were the best team I watched this tournament, bar none. They played with a chip on their shoulder and togetherness that really brought them through the entire way, with players interchanging left and right and a collective sense versus relying so heavily on a few stars. Their defense was wonderful, enjoying every tackle like it were a goal and it's literally unfair that they went from one legendary Gigi Goalie to the next within 4 years.

What an end to a fun tournament and weekend in general that also finally saw Messi end his curse. And frankly, it was great that his TEAM won it for him in the final as that was always been the issue. His embrace with Neymar was great to see too.

33 days until the Prem is back!

Take care all.

Spuuky
07-14-2021, 12:51 AM
when's the next big kickballThe Gold Cup is ongoing right now! You know, the Euros of North and Central America! A very high profile prestigious event~!

The Captain
07-14-2021, 09:16 PM
So looks like Messi will end up staying in Barcelona for the rest of his 30's, or at the very least through the next season or two. What big transfers do you still see happening that could tip the balance in the various leagues?

Kane going to City? Haaland to Chelsea? Pogba to PSG? Lewandoski to Madrid?

I feel like we may hit a lull in deals for the next few weeks as the players in the tournaments go on holiday and the clubs just begin to gear up their pre-season but the carousel is always spinning!

Take care all.

typhil01
08-31-2021, 08:22 AM
And still Messi in PSG)))