PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp ousted from Fantastic Beasts franchise...

Mercen-X
11-07-2020, 01:24 AM
Should I tell you why this happened..? No. I'm probably wrong. I'm usually wrong, apparently. So how about if someone else volunteers to explain why this happened and also why it doesn't matter?

Spuuky
11-07-2020, 02:04 AM
The real question is why they are continuing to make these awful movies

Fynn
11-07-2020, 06:15 AM
I actually like the movies but I’m more surprised they’re still being made what with JK Rowling being such a massive TERF

Freya
11-07-2020, 04:06 PM
This should have happened before. Depp was not good as grindlewald. Ferral did a much better job

Fynn
11-07-2020, 04:37 PM
I mean, I honestly really liked him in the part, but since he lost the case, ergo the court decided he’s guilty of beating his wife, then I can’t really blame the studio for firing him.

Slothy
11-08-2020, 01:05 AM
Yeah it's a little hard to feel bad for a rich wife beater. He'll still be rich. We don't need to make him more rich.

Shauna
11-08-2020, 08:23 PM
The big side eye in all of this is his (ex-)wife (also accused of abuse) is still employed by WB for Aquaman 2

fwiw I don't really care that he was let go, I would be avoiding these films due to my discontent with JK atm, but I can still side-eye this whole situation!

I also know that this is all on the back of a loss against a libel case, but still it all doesn't sit right with me.

Neither of them should still be employed probably

Karifean
11-11-2020, 08:39 AM
It's probably just a calculated decision in the end. If Depp stays with the filmmakers, he puts their reputation in jeopardy. If nothing else he doesn't seem to be the kind of person who wants others dragged up in his own messes, so whether he wanted to spare the filmmakers that horror, or whether he was not really given a choice but to leave, not surprised to see him just leave instead of raise a huge stink and drama on them. (And whoever may be hounding the studio over this now is missing the point entirely)

Mercen-X
11-24-2020, 07:55 AM
Completely unrelated, but I didn't want to make a new thread since I seem to just be bothersome, but: CW being called racist for cancelling Black Lightning

krissy
11-24-2020, 02:42 PM
black lightning was a good superheros show that sucks to hear

krissy
11-26-2020, 02:16 AM
THEY ARE REPLACING HIM WITH HANNIBAL LECTER

i won't watch these either way but good for hannibal

maybe he can accidentally eat the rest of the cast and also the other movies

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Chianti

Lord Golbez
11-26-2020, 05:33 AM
Considering CW never really cancels shows -they just kind of let them run on until the cast gets tired and asks to please end it, I figure - it might be kind of racist that they canceled it.

Mr Gashtacular
11-26-2020, 12:29 PM
mads is a far more capable actor (especially given what a mess depp is). i wont watch these because i dont care, and certainly dont want to support anything the terf queen is associated with, but im glad for mads. i want to see him more often.

Freya
11-26-2020, 06:04 PM
Oh hmm yeah Mads taking over is a better casting imo. I just didn't think Depp did well in this role.

Jinx
12-04-2020, 12:52 AM
ugh mads taking it over just made this franchise so much hornier jinx like :blush::bigsmile::drool::whoa::jokey::aimkiss::greenie::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface: :redface::redface::redface:

Del Murder
12-04-2020, 04:41 AM
I remember being pretty disappointed when the compelling villain of Colin Farrell took off his mask to reveal... Johnny Depp.

Shauna
12-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Just in case we were worried about poor maligned Depp and how he was going to recover from this foul play, he was paid $10 mil for the single scene he had completed for this movie. I think he'll make it.

Badr Boodai
01-18-2021, 09:22 AM
I think that is a mistake. Depp is an awesome actor with a lot of fans. I guess I wouldn't have seen the Pirates if there hadn't starred Depp. It is a pity that some rumours broke his career.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2021, 03:45 PM
I mean, hey.

100% the whole scandal was mismanaged in the public sphere, and people need to review their expectations and bias regarding abuse, but Depp wasn't booted because of rumours. He was booted because the courts confirmed 12 separate incidents of domestic abuse. The fact that Heard is also deserving of similar booting doesn't lessen the fact that it's okay to boot people off your projects if they are confirmed to be involved in criminal behaviours.