PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sorry...

Del Murder
12-01-2020, 05:56 AM
The other day, my family was eating lentil soup, and I told my kids as I was exiting the table, 'make sure you drink up all your soup.'

'drink up'

smurfing EoFF...

And yes I typed smurfing.

So, what ways has this old place warped your vernacular forever?

Spuuky
12-01-2020, 06:45 AM
It hasn't, because I don't speak out loud anymore.

Jowy
12-01-2020, 09:00 AM
I just sat here for twenty minutes after the nostalgia floodgates were opened and washed me away.

I've hung out with a metric fuckton of you people.

Freya
12-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Everytime I read smurf I think of the word it replaces

Scotty_ffgamer
12-02-2020, 04:44 AM
I get confused anytime I see trout, and anytime I see that word my brain de-censors it. My brain auto censors to smurf though.

Mr Gashtacular
12-02-2020, 08:27 PM
i saw a "fluffy duck" stuffed animal thing while christmas shopping and you know it made me think of fluffy puff, the best skin.

qwertysaur
12-03-2020, 07:25 PM
:stare:

jenovajunkie
12-04-2020, 09:19 PM
I try not to swear as much when I talk in forums or online, unless I am making a joke and the situation allows/calls for it.

Otherwise, this forum hasn't really done anything for my vernacular, except make me look up words like vernacular. I guess if I was here more often there might be a stronger effect on my verbals.

Shlup
12-06-2020, 09:07 AM
I still have trouble typing Bob instead of BoB. Muscle memory is a bitch.

Night Fury
12-06-2020, 09:40 AM

AHHHH HELLO I LOVE YOU

Shlup
12-07-2020, 04:37 AM

AHHHH HELLO I LOVE YOU

:mymelheart:

Iceglow
12-07-2020, 06:47 AM

You mean the name is not just BoB everywhere?

I think that I had begun to think it was.... :lol:

Loony BoB
12-10-2020, 08:44 PM
I became much better at using good grammar across basically all internet areas as a result of using these forums. I think that's helped me in a huge amount of ways.

Mostly rather than me typing out weird stuff, I see words and think of what they mean to me from here. Smurf, trout, definitely those two for sure. But other words too. Psychotic, qwerty, some words are pretty direct like them... but then there are less direct things. Like whenever I see REDRUM (or rather, MURDER mirrored) I always think of Del Murder (this happened in a video game the other day). Every now and then I read "joking" and think of James aka Joaquin, who I personally called Joe Keen. Bizarre things like that pop up pretty randomly. And, somehow, even to this day I occasionally think of the words 'boom snaff' even though the origins of the words mean nothing to me now.

Oh, one thing I do actually type (I'd guess at least once a month) that has it's origins at EoFF is "people can be sucks". I'd probably still use copy paste DUH if I actually talked to people from here regularly. :shobon:

Tigmafuzz
12-11-2020, 01:27 AM
I look for opportunities to say "congrats to all the winners" in circumstances that don't quite call for it.

jenovajunkie
12-11-2020, 09:14 PM
I look for opportunities to say "congrats to all the winners" in circumstances that don't quite call for it.

This is why they give out participation ribbons, lol.

Christmas
04-23-2023, 12:03 PM

Yes, it has kinda been embedded into my programming! :mad2: