PDA

View Full Version : Factorio

Quindiana Jones
12-10-2020, 11:24 PM
Factorio (https://factorio.com/). Hey, so you should all avoid this game like the plague.

Anyone else played this, either beta or launch? Anyone else ripped up a week of work after discovering you'd grown yourself into a knot, and needed to build a more optimised factory? Anyone else spent three consecutive days rebuilding that more optimised factory only to end up two research levels behind where you were in your garbage spaghetti factory?

I hate this game.

T̶̩̣̘͛̽̔̌̍h̸͕̥̻̫͐̈́̔ĕ̷͈̜̼͙̏͊͠ ̸̞̒̈̾̀̉f̴̣͚̻̀̀̆̈́̿͌̅a̵̧̦̘͈̋̾̌̈́c̸̭̓́͂̿͑͌͝t̴͇̎ŏ̵̲̖͚̮̰̠́̈́͝͠r̶̤͒̿͗̈́͝y̷̗͓̤̽̅̌̓ ̶͍̟͐̎̓̈́͋̚m̶̨̘͇̩̲̟̤͐̿̀̓ṷ̸̪̺̈ś̵̰͈̮͇̟̀͊t̷̻̙͓̪̦̮͊ ̶̙̳́̑̔̕͝g̵͖̹͕̯̏͂̏͂̕ͅr̵̢̨̞͠o̷̦͕͂͂̍͘͘͜w̸̲͇̻̫̭̣͊͊̍͋͑̉̚ͅ.̸͔̦̍̋̐̑͐̏͠ͅ

Tigmafuzz
12-11-2020, 01:31 AM
I played it for a while but it was too stressful for me because it's too much like a job I used to have which was essentially the same thing. I play games to de-stress, not feel like I'm working. I do have the compulsion to play it again from time to time though, whenever I'm in one of those OCD moods where I just want to see BIG NUMBERS

qwertysaur
12-11-2020, 02:29 AM
From the name I thought this was a game about factoring :shobon:

Iceglow
12-13-2020, 09:33 PM
I've not played this but it makes me think of Rimworld or Oxygen Not Included from how you speak of it.

Gotta admit, when I really fuck up the layout of my ONI bases and end up polluting my whole water supply or something dumb or fuck the heat management systems up it kills me a little inside.

Quindiana Jones
12-14-2020, 04:24 PM
It has multiplayer, too, which means you can enjoy yelling at your friends for fucking up your perfect creation.

We could very easily do a EoFF Plays Dwarf Fortress type thing with Factorio... hmm...