PDA

View Full Version : π

qwertysaur
12-11-2020, 11:44 PM
I've been making key lime pies a lot lately, partially because I love getting to use condensed milk.

Tell me about your times with this circular food

Shlup
12-12-2020, 07:55 AM
I have made exactly zero pies in my life.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-12-2020, 10:29 PM
If your pie isn't pumpkin it's a wash.

The cake and ice cream combo is a superior dessert.

jenovajunkie
12-12-2020, 11:45 PM
My mom used to make Apple pies, personally I like key lime flavour as well. I have had a lot of pie in my time, and I can only hope to have more.

I usually associate that emoticon with South Park's "Chef" character, and then you had the title as "n". Hahahaha.

EDIT: I now see it's actually "pi"

qwertysaur
12-13-2020, 04:04 AM
EDIT: I now see it's actually "pi"
It is one of the best greek letters :bigsmile:

Yamaneko
12-13-2020, 08:15 AM
I'd like to try Moon pies one day if I ever go to Mars.

Shlup
12-13-2020, 09:26 AM
If your pie isn't pumpkin it's a wash.

The cake and ice cream combo is a superior dessert.

This is offensive and I demand censorship.

Tbh the only pie I like is lemon meringue. And cake can just go straight in the trash.

Mr Gashtacular
12-13-2020, 09:38 AM
for whatever reason my partner has become recently obsessed with american pie culture (we're not exactly known for dessert pies in the uk, nor in her home country), so i've been sampling pumpkin, pecan and key lime pies that are pretty uncommon here. i'm a big fan. i could eat pecan pie all day with no regrets

Iceglow
12-13-2020, 09:30 PM

Must resist this low hanging fruit... my mind may yet dream of someday only being in the gutter but right now I'm going to have to resist Amanda stop making it hard for me!

for whatever reason my partner has become recently obsessed with american pie culture (we're not exactly known for dessert pies in the uk, nor in her home country), so i've been sampling pumpkin, pecan and key lime pies that are pretty uncommon here. i'm a big fan. i could eat pecan pie all day with no regrets

We are known for dessert pies, particularly apple, cherry and summer fruits pie. But ours are usually exclusively closed pies. That said the ubiquitous crumble is far more traditional and common or an upside down sponge.

As for the topic, I love key lime pie, it's just difficult to get a good quality one in the UK. I hate cooking so the idea of making one from scratch is a wash. In general pies are good.

Shoeberto
12-14-2020, 04:06 PM
I made an apple pie completely from scratch for my wife's birthday this year. Watching the Great British Baking Show has officially made me feel guilty using anything pre-made.

jenovajunkie
12-14-2020, 09:32 PM
I made an apple pie completely from scratch for my wife's birthday this year. Watching the Great British Baking Show has officially made me feel guilty using anything pre-made.

That's why I don't watch any cooking or baking shows anymore, "OMG that looks so easy". In reality it's not that hard to make a good meal, it just takes time, effort and care. And preparation, experience, and money. Also knowledge, experience, skill and a dash of creativity. I guess patience too. not really though, because while you're waiting for one thing, you're usually preparing or doing something else.

Del Murder
12-15-2020, 08:01 PM
I like apple, but I prefer more of an apple crisp than a pie.

jenovajunkie
12-16-2020, 12:48 AM
I like apple, but I prefer more of an apple crisp than a pie.

How dare​ you.

qwertysaur
12-16-2020, 07:09 AM
You haven't had apple pie/crisp until you made one with macoun apples you picked yourself that day. :NYFlex:

Lord Golbez
12-17-2020, 02:53 PM

I've made pies, but I've never made pie.crusts.....so have I really made pies?

sharkythesharkdogg
12-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Actual Key Lime pie is probably the best pie, and one of the best desserts.

My Aunt makes what she calls a key lime pie, which is apparently just whipped creme, sugar, and lime flavoring of some kind (maybe she's using like a powdered drink mix, I don't know.) all mixed together in a pie crust.

It's as offensive as it sounds. :colbert: