PDA

View Full Version : What Games are you looking forward to?

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2021, 06:51 AM
What it says on the tin, what games are you looking forward to the most coming out this year and beyond?

Fynn
01-16-2021, 02:55 PM
Bravely Default II and the Nocturne HD Remaster

WarZidane
01-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Definitely this year:
Ys IX, FFXIV expansion, Disco Elysium The Final Cut, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Scheduled for this year but who knows, could be delayed:
Resident Evil 8, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2, Deathloop, Outriders, Horizon: Forbidden West, Axiom Verge 2, Shin Megami Tensei V

Hoping it'll be announced for this year (keyword hope, some of these are a longshot so not an "expect", others are much more likely):
Monster Hunter Rise PC version, Hajimari no Kiseki localization, FFXVI, Ar nosurge DX localization, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Tales of Arise

There are more I'm looking forward to, but those are at the top, from what I can think of right now :p

Spuuky
01-16-2021, 07:57 PM
Still Baldur's Gate 3, which I have not yet touched because I'd rather wait for the official full release.

Karifean
01-16-2021, 08:15 PM
Right now mainly Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.

Aulayna
01-17-2021, 12:22 AM
FFXIV 6.0

Del Murder
01-17-2021, 01:51 AM
Bravely Default 2. Can't say there's too much more I am aware of. I'm sure there will be some new pokemon game, likely a remake of diamond/pearl. I will probably get that to play with the kids.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-17-2021, 02:37 AM
New Pokemon Snap
Halo Infinite
Saga Frontier Remaster
Resident Evil Village

Those are the ones that came to the top of my head. Here's a few where I said "that looks cool" or "almost forgot about that" after looking up a 2021 game list:

Sea of Solitude: Director's Cut
Monster Hunter Rise
Nier: Replicant
Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster
No More Heroes 3

Maybe releasing:
Biomutant
Digimon Survive

Example
02-15-2021, 06:22 PM
Pretty much just the next part of the FF7 remake, maybe Halo Infinite and the new Ratchet game.

Depression Moon
02-17-2021, 03:26 AM
Got my pre-order of Persona 5 Strikers.

Wolf Kanno
02-18-2021, 05:11 AM
Quite a few it seems.

Shin Megami Tensei V
SMT III: HD Remaster
Legend of Mana Remaster
Skyward Sword Remaster
SaGa Frontier Remaster
No More Heroes 3
NEO: The World Ends With You
The Silent Hill creator's new game.
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
The Elden Ring
Final Fantasy XVI

Del Murder
02-18-2021, 05:51 PM
A sign of the times that half of those are remakes. :p

Wolf Kanno
02-19-2021, 03:20 AM
Everyone is already aware that I'm an old fogey who has my nostalgia glasses firmly glued to my face and I absolutely hate everything new, except when I don't.

Only four entries out of eleven are remasters. And if I'm going to be honest, none of them are really high priority for me since I own all the originals. Though perhaps all but SS will be picked up sooner than later since I wish to incentivize their companies to release more stuff like it.

Del Murder
02-19-2021, 09:57 PM
For some reason, I thought NEO TWEWY was another remake, but I now see it is a new game and now I want that game.

Wolf Kanno
02-20-2021, 05:21 AM
For some reason, I thought NEO TWEWY was another remake, but I now see it is a new game and now I want that game.

Yeah that entry really went under the radar. Not helped that it should have been released a decade ago while people still remembered the original game.

Example
02-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Oh man what I wouldn't give for a Siren 3, of course that ain't ever happening after Toyama left Sony.

cheesesteak
03-22-2021, 09:26 AM
Definitely this year:
Ys IX, FFXIV expansion, Disco Elysium The Final Cut, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Scheduled for this year but who knows, could be delayed:
Resident Evil 8, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2, Deathloop, Outriders, Horizon: Forbidden West, Axiom Verge 2, Shin Megami Tensei V

Hoping it'll be announced for this year (keyword hope, some of these are a longshot so not an "expect", others are much more likely):
Monster Hunter Rise PC version, Hajimari no Kiseki localization, FFXVI, Ar nosurge DX localization, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Tales of Arise

There are more I'm looking forward to, but those are at the top, from what I can think of right now :p

Quite a few it seems.

Shin Megami Tensei V
SMT III: HD Remaster
Legend of Mana Remaster
Skyward Sword Remaster
SaGa Frontier Remaster
No More Heroes 3
The Silent Hill creator's new game.
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
The Elden Ring
Final Fantasy XVI

New Pokemon Snap
Halo Infinite
Saga Frontier Remaster
Resident Evil Village

Those are the ones that came to the top of my head. Here's a few where I said "that looks cool" or "almost forgot about that" after looking up a 2021 game list:

Monster Hunter Rise
No More Heroes 3

Maybe releasing:
Biomutant
Digimon Survive
I like the diversity in these bigger lists.

As for me:

Guilty Gear StrIVe
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Deathloop
Solar Ash
Avowed
Sifu
Cris Tales
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Axiom Verge 2
Diablo 4
Diablo II: Resurrected

I could've added way more obscure indies (Dandy Ace, Open Roads, Gloomwood, Scorn, Stray, Eldest Souls, Binary Smoke, etc), but I'm trying to not get too out of hand w/ the list-making!

I Don't Need A Name
03-22-2021, 03:27 PM
For the first time in a while (and my backlog is happy about this), not a great deal of games:
New Pokémon Snap
NieR: Replicant
FFXIV: Endwalker
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Pokémon Legends: Arceus

A friend and I recently had a conversation about how many games are remakes/remasters these days. Whilst I'm happy to pick them up (see the 2/3 in the above list) it makes me kinda sad that there's not as many new ideas these days. All I've seen for the past year has been comments like people just constantly shouting for the Pokémon Gen 4 remakes.

Lord Golbez
03-22-2021, 06:20 PM
Horizon Forbidden West
BotW sequel
Against my better judgement I'm looking forward to part 2 of the FF7 remake, even though the first part did things I didn't like and all but guaranteed I'll be annoyed by the next part.
Skyward Sword remaster. I never played the Zelda games between OoT and BotW so a switch version of any would be welcome.
Persona 6 - Ok,not announced, by we know it's coming, right? Unless the curse of 6 hits Persona.
Eiyuden Chronicle - Speaking of the curse of 6. I'd not Suikoden 6, for sure, but maybe it will be the next best thing.

BG-57
06-03-2021, 03:40 PM
Lego Star Wars: the Skywalker Saga just came out. Excited to play through all nine movies in Lego form.

Badr Boodai
06-28-2021, 08:12 PM
For the first time in a while (and my backlog is happy about this), not a great deal of games:
Destiny 2. It (https://skycoach.gg/destiny-boost/products/glory-points-boost-280) is great.
NieR: Replicant
FFXIV: Endwalker
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Pokémon Legends: Arceus

A friend and I recently had a conversation about how many games are remakes/remasters these days. Whilst I'm happy to pick them up (see the 2/3 in the above list) it makes me kinda sad that there's not as many new ideas these days. All I've seen for the past year has been comments like people just constantly shouting for the Pokémon Gen 4 remakes.
Yeah, agree with as for lack of ideas these days. The same is obvious if talking about movies. Too many sequels are being filmed at present. Not a fan of the Pokemon series but FFXIV: Endwalker is a very promising game :) can't wait this November to come.

Del Murder
06-29-2021, 07:34 PM
I wish there were some new IPs I'm looking forward to but I've been too much out of it to know what good is coming. However, these sequels look promising to me:

Metriod Dread
Mario Golf: Super Rush
Mario Party Superstars
Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

remy5623
07-01-2021, 03:51 AM
Lots of great stuff slated for later this year:

Life Is Strange: True Colors
Life Is Strange Remastered Collection
Lost Judgment
Open Roads
Rocksmith+
Sonic Colors Ultimate
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Oxenfree II

And past that:

Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2
Forspoken
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Chorus

At the moment, I'm most excited for Sonic Colors. I love that game so much, and it'll be great to get it on my PS4 so I don't have to deal with the weird Wii controllers.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-06-2021, 03:27 AM
New Pokemon Snap
Halo Infinite
Saga Frontier Remaster
Resident Evil Village

Monster Hunter Rise
No More Heroes 3

Maybe releasing:
Biomutant
Digimon Survive

I put an underline on the ones I've bought/played since my first post. Thought I'd add a few more:

I'm cautiously looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy game. Looks like it could be fun.

Tales of Arise, as well. I always enjoy a new Tales game.