PDA

View Full Version : Your Three Core Values

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2021, 07:39 AM
What are your top three core values that you live by?

Dr. Acula
06-10-2021, 08:20 AM
Oooh, this is an interesting topic!

1) Honesty (both with myself and other people) - not to the point of being tactless, obvs

2) Compassion - everyone has a reason behind what they do and believe, and I always try my best to look behind someone's actions and discover the reason behind it in order to understand them better. I think this is missing in a lot of human interaction, particularly on the internet, where people dismiss each other for small reasons.

3) Authenticity - a friend once told me that her first impression of me was that I'm very "myself". I try to let myself just be. I'm constantly working to improve myself but I find that only works if I'm being myself in the first place. (I've now written "myself" so many times that it no longer looks like a word.)

Karifean
06-10-2021, 02:37 PM
1) Self-Honesty. As far as I'm concerned it is step 0 before being able to have any values at all, as what you deny about your own self you cannot control, instead, it is you who ends up controlled by it.

2) Caring about those close to you, rather than abstract things or people who don't even know you. I'm firmly convinced everything good people actually do ultimately stems from this, not any sort of idealism.

3) Fairness. This world is horribly unfair. The least we can do is help the unfortunate, rather than judge them for their misfortune while having our focus only on the fortunate.

Pumpkin
06-10-2021, 03:50 PM
According to a test I took,

Love of Learning
Humour
Beauty and Aesthetic

Quindiana Jones
06-10-2021, 05:14 PM
1. The value of a human is always and immutably 1.
2. Pursue truth.
3. FFIX is the best that FF has ever been.

Spuuky
06-10-2021, 10:39 PM
1. War is Peace
2. Freedom is Slavery
3. Ignorance is Strength

Freya
06-11-2021, 04:45 AM
1. You can always learn more.
2. You can always do more.
3. You can always love more.

Always learn, always love, and always try to do what you can!

Christmas
06-22-2021, 11:40 AM
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.

Man, i need 2 more to be an official Jedi. :(

Iceglow
06-26-2021, 08:01 PM
1) Honesty. I'm always honest about things, even to a fault. My honesty has led to me being hurt and yet I would rather be honest and open about situations than lie to people.

2) Understanding. I may not respect your position. I may not believe in your position. But I will do my damndest to understand your position. Everyone's actions are guided by something and whilst I may disagree with that something vehemently, I will do my best to understand it.

3) Be open to learning new things, or accepting things you may have previously rejected. For if we cannot do this, we stagnate and stagnation is inevitably to decay.

krissy
06-28-2021, 06:08 PM
1. self-importance
2. not finishing lists

Del Murder
06-29-2021, 07:29 PM
1. Self-motivation - You are your own worst critic and biggest supporter. If you believe in yourself, you are capable of anything. Keep moving forward.
2. Humor - Life is too short to take every little thing seriously. Find the absurdity in things. Don't let little things bother you.
3. Analytical - Take a skeptical view of things. Try to understand how the world works. Be informed before you form an opinion and be open minded to change it based on the data.

Sarisa
07-27-2021, 02:50 AM
Not exactly proud of my list but...

Avoid effort at all costs

Practicality & comfort before all else

Never spend money unless it is absolutely necessary - put it towards retirement instead

Zuriel Cox
11-20-2021, 12:15 PM
Loyalty, honesty, kindness.