PDA

View Full Version : Resurrect a Game Studio/Development Team

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2021, 07:35 AM
What it says on the tin, if you could resurrect a dead game studio or development team that has been disbanded, who would it be?

Example
06-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Team Silent is the most obvious choice. SCE Liverpool because I want more Wipeout games. SCE Cambridge because I'd love another MediEvil game. Pandemic because Star Wars Battlefront 3.

cheesesteak
08-07-2021, 01:31 AM
Visceral, Runic, AlphaDream, Motiga (creators of Gigantic), and Gazillion (don't even care about their games, but F Disney for how they shut them down).

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2021, 10:14 PM
I'd be delighted to see actual BioWare back in the game.

cheesesteak
08-11-2021, 09:48 PM
I'd be delighted to see actual BioWare back in the game.
I've never understood why gamers are so averse to evolution of development studios.

Don't get me wrong. I understand BioWare is not who they once were. Both creatively and actual literally w/ staffing and leadership. But...BioWare still exists. They ARE ACTUAL BIOWARE. Just not "YOUR" BioWare.

Spuuky
08-12-2021, 01:29 AM
I've never understood why gamers are so averse to evolution of development studios.

Don't get me wrong. I understand BioWare is not who they once were. Both creatively and actual literally w/ staffing and leadership. But...BioWare still exists. They ARE ACTUAL BIOWARE. Just not "YOUR" BioWare.I don't know, probably because this version of the company is worse in every single way that is visible to us as consumers?

Although I would also argue they are definitely NOT "the" BioWare being referenced, because that Bioware is a specific collection of people, and this is a completely different collection of people that happens to have the same name.