PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Pre-Order bonus

Wolf Kanno
11-06-2021, 05:02 AM
What it says on the tin, what was one of the worst pre-order bonuses you ever heard or got for a game?

Loony BoB
11-06-2021, 12:16 PM
I basically never use cosmetics, so pre-order bonuses tend to be completely lost on me in general because over half of pre-order bonuses are skins or something these days.

Quindiana Jones
11-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Definitely the overall reduction in quality control is the worst bonus of pre-orders.

I think anything game-related is the worst; the game should be made and sold.

An example of a great preorder bonus, I think, was Dante's Inferno: you got a fucking 8 inch figurine! That's cool as hell!

I would love to see more little mementos like that. The game will eventually sit on a shelf never to be played again, but it's cool to have a figurine, or a medallion, or a nice notepad, or some stuff like that.

Del Murder
11-08-2021, 04:56 PM
One of the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond pre-order bonuses is a pencil.

Vyk
11-09-2021, 05:44 AM
They're not the most egregious, but then again I don't dabble into the live service micro transaction filth. So for me the worst things are like experience bonuses in starter kits for things like Tales games. They're harmless and don't require you to actually use them. But I find them somewhat insulting. Especially with games that have day 1 DLC with costumes and stuff. Just gimme costumes as a pre-order bonus and make people who waited pay a few bucks for them. At least it's something I'd feel less dirty to actually use